• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317738352' post='2816072']
Yes.

If by "funny," you mean "indicative of how terribly planned this was."
[/quote]
I hate to do it, but Legion's plan seems somewhat reasonable. They were able to draw in the counter-attack on the same day as the original attack, which means they only have to fight a single update worth of battles before calling in reinforcements (if they even choose to call them in). They also kept their offensive war count low, allowing better defense of the counter.

Now, I'm not going to start throwing around the 'C' word when referring to Legion just yet.. but what they did seems like a smart move, even if it was an accident.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1317737532' post='2816065']
Anyone else find it funny that NSO+Tetris have declared more wars than Legion 76-57
[/quote]

Well Legion's primary objective was to strictly declare on Tetris nations.

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1317740512' post='2816099']
I hate to do it, but Legion's plan seems somewhat reasonable. They were able to draw in the counter-attack on the same day as the original attack, which means they only have to fight a single update worth of battles before calling in reinforcements (if they even choose to call them in). They also kept their offensive war count low, allowing better defense of the counter.

Now, I'm not going to start throwing around the 'C' word when referring to Legion just yet.. but what they did seems like a smart move, even if it was an accident.
[/quote]
I have no faith whatsoever that they could've planned that on their own, meaning it was an accident or someone is pulling their strings.

Also, I'd call into question the validity of that argument based on the fact that a good blitz has the potential to incapacitate an enemy enough to make taking on another more absorb-able.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317740734' post='2816102']
I have no faith whatsoever that they could've planned that on their own, meaning it was an accident or someone is pulling their strings.

Also, I'd call into question the validity of that argument based on the fact that a good blitz has the potential to incapacitate an enemy enough to make taking on another more absorb-able.
[/quote]
Considering Legion got more than half of the nations in Tetris into anarchy, I don't think they're doing bad at all despite not bothering with an update blitz. Update blitz aren't even that important in nuclear wars regardless.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1317740882' post='2816103']
Considering Legion got more than half of the nations in Tetris into anarchy, I don't think they're doing bad at all despite not bothering with an update blitz. Update blitz aren't even that important in nuclear wars regardless.
[/quote]
Your first sentence would be a more effective tool at measuring military success if the alliances were closer to the same size. And, nuclear war or not, success can still be measured in the effectiveness of the initial and subsequent strikes given the use of various tactics to eliminate a person's ability to maintain a nuclear arsenal.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317741250' post='2816105']
Your first sentence would be a more effective tool at measuring military success if the alliances were closer to the same size. And, nuclear war or not, success can still be measured in the effectiveness of the initial and subsequent strikes given the use of various tactics to eliminate a person's ability to maintain a nuclear arsenal.
[/quote]
The size of Tetris doesn't have much to do with their success in their attack on Tetris, by starting the war the way they did, it allows them more resources to deal with counter attacks like the one by NSO. As Legion due to their size still have a lot of nations left to organize an update blitz on NSO now to counter them. If this war continues to be just NSO+Tetris vs Legion, it will be an interesting one to see how it turns out.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317740734' post='2816102']

[/quote]
..You realize Legion still put all but 2 of Tetris' war-mode nuke capable nations in Anarchy, right?
Again, not going to start calling them competent, but they did exactly what they needed to wrt Tetris.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1317741532' post='2816108']
The size of Tetris doesn't have much to do with their success in their attack on Tetris, by starting the war the way they did, it allows them more resources to deal with counter attacks like the one by NSO. As Legion due to their size still have a lot of nations left to organize an update blitz on NSO now to counter them. If this war continues to be just NSO+Tetris vs Legion, it will be an interesting one to see how it turns out.
[/quote]

That would make sense if the nations that I attacked personally (and subsequently anarchied) weren't sitting pretty if Defcon 5 with a low threat rating. Oh, and one more tip, Legion: You spy BEFORE you attack, not after. And you generally don't use your spies to spy away my tanks. Just saying.

Not that it matters. You guys are growing my warchest as is.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1317742604' post='2816125']
Since when is anarchy indicative of anything other than quadding and having nukes? :huh:

Considering Legion originally outnumbered us 239 to 37, they !@#$@#$ better have gotten some anarchies.
[/quote]

Since I did the anarchying single-handedly.

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1317741732' post='2816110']
..You realize Legion still put all but 2 of Tetris' war-mode nuke capable nations in Anarchy, right?
Again, not going to start calling them competent, but they did exactly what they needed to wrt Tetris.
[/quote]
Anarchy is a very small aspect of the type of conflict we see nowadays. You can't measure how crippling an initial attack is by anarchy alone.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1317742604' post='2816125']
Since when is anarchy indicative of anything other than quadding and having nukes? :huh:

Considering Legion originally outnumbered us 239 to 37, they !@#$@#$ better have gotten some anarchies.
[/quote]
Anarchy is indicative that Legion started an appropriate number of wars to stop Tetris counter-declarations from affecting their ability to absorb NSO's attack, which is what was being discussed.

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1317746688' post='2816174']
Anarchy is indicative that Legion started an appropriate number of wars to stop Tetris counter-declarations from affecting their ability to absorb NSO's attack, which is what was being discussed.
[/quote]
That still doesn't excuse Legion's apparent inability to actually launch wars against us (6 legion nations for a total of about 8 or 9 wars against us right now). I suppose they are just waiting for Invicta to come in and counter us tonight or tomorrow, but that only begs the question: Why can't Legion fight us themselves? Do they really need someone to help them out so that they can focus on Tetris, who is maybe 1/5th their size?

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1317747192' post='2816187']
That still doesn't excuse Legion's apparent inability to actually launch wars against us (6 legion nations for a total of about 8 or 9 wars against us right now). I suppose they are just waiting for Invicta to come in and counter us tonight or tomorrow, but that only begs the question: Why can't Legion fight us themselves? Do they really need someone to help them out so that they can focus on Tetris, who is maybe 1/5th their size?
[/quote]
Why would they start declaring wars on NSO today? Nuclear anarchy is best dealt with by an extended stagger and since NSO declared after 11pm server time (well, most of them.. a few of people [you] jumped sooner) you lost a day worth of nukes to throw at them.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317707247' post='2815824']
No we really can claim that they are bigger than us. There's a magical thing called facts. Here are two. Legion: 6,109,080. NSO: 2,799,782. Roll them around in your mouth. How do those facts taste?
[/quote]
Perhaps what he [i]really[/i] meant was that, although Legion is statistically twice our size and strength, they're still so utterly incompetent that we maintain the clear advantage anyways...

of course that's not what he consciously meant with his moralistic nonsense, but perhaps subconsciously..?

... perhaps not.

FaCtS

interpretive
contingent
immoral

now you've got two to roll around in that mouth of yours nutcase :)

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317750804' post='2816246']
I bet 100 tech that NSO get an ally involved before Legion do.

Anyone want to take the bet?
[/quote]
I'll bet you 1k tech Legion call in an ally before we do. 2 to 1 odds aren't their flavor- they need 3 to 1 to feel safe.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317705246' post='2815737']
I'm sure Legion was looking forward to being sanctioned again, but there's the operative word, isn't it? Again. Legion was sanctioned before 80%of the alliances out there were conceived. Been there, done that. Their honor is more important.
[/quote]

Yes because we aren't sanctioned right now?

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317751021' post='2816249']
I'll bet you 1k tech Legion call in an ally before we do. 2 to 1 odds aren't their flavor- they need 3 to 1 to feel safe.
[/quote]

Don't be a silly boy, you're no more capable of paying a 1k tech bet than I am. Make it the one hundred and if I lose I'll pay, and you will do the same.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317751293' post='2816255']
Don't be a silly boy, you're no more capable of paying a 1k tech bet than I am. Make it the one hundred and if I lose I'll pay, and you will do the same.
[/quote]
1000/50=20 slots. That's only a little over a month of sending tech. I have a sizeable warchest, so even after a few rounds against Legion et all I'll have plenty if I lose the bet (I won't).

Take the bet please.