Announcement from the New Sith Order

Rayvon

[quote name='xR1 Fatal Instinct' timestamp='1317702396' post='2815619']
I'm unable to agree with your means to get this war, but I must admire your persistence. Hopefully after this scuffling match you all can move on from this and improve relations with each other.
[/quote]
As has been stated by RV and I think myself and others throughout the afternoon/evening, NSO really wasn't seeking or expecting a war with Legion. Most of us were growing bored with swatting them around. They were mostly a diversion while we worked towards larger goals. And since neither us nor Tetris honestly expected Legion to start a war over this, or really anything, it doesn't make much sense to accuse us of trying to engineer a war with them. If we had wanted to do that, we would have just declared on Legion for not telling us about that guy that admitted to spying on us when he joined them, or whatever that nonsense was.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317702954' post='2815640']
[color="#0000FF"]NSO defends its allies. Whatever the CB, and whether or not it is justified is irrelevant. We do not weasel out of our obligations as a lesser alliance might do so.

And now, Legion will see how a war is properly fought. I hope they're taking notes.[/color]
[/quote]

See, you keep saying that.

[quote name='BastardofGod' timestamp='1317702733' post='2815633']
Yeah defend spying on alliances that is awesome! Though I like many of you in this AA..just fail.
[/quote]
Tetris didn't spy at all. Spying is a willful act and an act of war. All that happened was that a few Tetris members passed along information they were given out of the blue, which isn't spying -- it is wikileaksing. And even then, Tetris removed those members from government and sought to make amends. Legion would've accepted that if they suddenly hadn't felt the urge to stumble into a war.

While I am not jumping for joy at two of our former allies now at war...I cannot help but laugh at the people in this thread who do not understand the NSO or what they stand for. "B-but spying...!"

Tetris could have tech raided Legion while poaching members while fully admitting to and endorsing the spying (as opposed to now playing the "victim" card, but I digress...) and all this would not have mattered to the NSO. They love war, and will gladly take the opportunity to war - especially against someone they hate like Legion. Because peace is a [i]lie[/i].

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1317703067' post='2815644']
See, you keep saying that.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh will you give it a rest already? I thought we had settled that silliness long ago.

Hydra was never our only ally, and during that war you were not in need of great help. Sure you might have needed some assistance, but iFOK and SLCB could provide that. NPO and TPF and others were in a losing war, and we had already committed fully to them. The situations are not comparable, and continuing to bring up that ancient history just makes you look petty.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317703331' post='2815653']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh will you give it a rest already? I thought we had settled that silliness long ago.

Hydra was never our only ally, and during that war you were not in need of great help. Sure you might have needed some assistance, but iFOK and SLCB could provide that. NPO and TPF and others were in a losing war, and we had already committed fully to them. The situations are not comparable, and continuing to bring up that ancient history just makes you look petty.[/color]
[/quote]

Come on RV, you know you can't compete with him. He's clearly better than you, just listen to the voices in his head. >.>

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1317703305' post='2815652']
While I am not jumping for joy at two of our former allies now at war...I cannot help but laugh at the people in this thread who do not understand the NSO or what they stand for. "B-but spying...!"

Tetris could have tech raided Legion while poaching members while fully admitting to and endorsing the spying (as opposed to now playing the "victim" card, but I digress...) and all this would not have mattered to the NSO. They love war, and will gladly take the opportunity to war - especially against someone they hate like Legion. Because peace is a [i]lie[/i].
[/quote]

This man speaks truth.

[/quote]
Thank you.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317703331' post='2815653']

[/quote]

How can you change facts and forget history so badly :mellow:

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1317702095' post='2815582']
I did not see this coming.
[/quote]
LOL

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1317702372' post='2815612']
Was it you who was crying about getting nuked last war?
[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1317703240' post='2815650']
Tetris didn't spy at all. Spying is a willful act and an act of war. All that happened was that a few Tetris members passed along information they were given out of the blue, which isn't spying -- it is wikileaksing. And even then, Tetris removed those members from government and sought to make amends. Legion would've accepted that if they suddenly hadn't felt the urge to stumble into a war.
[/quote]
Is it honestly your contention that dsitributing spied intel is not a CB? That was half the fun of TWiP.

[/quote]
This is very very accurate.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317703481' post='2815666']
Is it honestly your contention that dsitributing spied intel is not a CB? That was half the fun of TWiP.
[/quote]
I guess we just live in a new and open era Schatt. I mean, if it was a CB, how could we have already gotten away with it just a few months earlier? :smug:

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1317703462' post='2815663']
How can you change facts and forget history so badly :mellow:
[/quote]
The truth is that our treaty no longer made any sense and shouldn't have still existed at that point, as our foreign policies had clearly diverged quite starkly. The truth is that we had one ally on the side that was sure to win the war, and every other ally and virtually every other friend either already in the war or very likely to enter/be dragged into the war on the side(s) that were almost certain to lose and thus needed much more help.

It's not a decision that I am particular happy about, but it was the right one, and it was the best decision that I could have made in those circumstances. We have always understood your frustrations with our actions and generally granted you a pretty wide berth to complain about it ad naseum for however many months now, but quite frankly I don't think we're listening anymore, and I doubt anyone else is either. It happened, opinions differ, the relationship was severed, and we moved on. I'm sure you can too. Given your fixation on it, you'd think that it was you that got stuck in a losing war, and not us.

[quote][quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1317697497' post='2815430']
[b]Commentary[/b]
I think [color=purple][b]The Legion[/b][/color] might be in for the shortest sanction time in CN history, as I'd be very surprised if [color=orange]RnR[/color] doesn't pull back ahead of them tomorrow. (And for those wondering, I double-checked the numbers of those two.)

[/quote]
I think they lost it already Gopher, NSO's blitz was obviously that good :)[/quote]

Congratulations on killing Legions Sanction in the quickest time known to Bob NSO.