Announcement from the New Sith Order

Rayvon

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1317705793' post='2815759']
I am having a good laugh at the fact NSO has to use the "lol you lost sanction" line in order to feel high and mighty.

This war has only proved one thing so far that is new. Legion grew some balls and decided to use them, Kudos to them.

Some things have not changed so far along the lines of NSO getting all war hungry when the odds are on their side and Tetris being a bunch of idiots.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that for a war hungry alliance, NSO has never had the odds in their favor. Ever. Just ask anyone that's ever signed a treaty with them.

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1317706356' post='2815786']
These ain't my kids. Awh, hell nah.
[/quote]

Oh yea it is. That brother, who is having surgery to become your sister (NpO). That tard kid you adopted to get a check from the government (Legion). Then your own flesh n blood, your little boy (NSO).

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317706073' post='2815772']
TBF a lot of us still laugh about Gre's spectacular fall from grace, so it's good to know we could give something back.
[/quote]

Fascinating, I didn't see Grämlins becoming a topic of discussion within this thread.

But considering it is now, why not discuss it! Grämlins did have a fall from grace, yes Grämlins was at a point of being looked apon as a great and worthy alliance. We saw the power and held it, we also saw the destruction that can be caused when someone holds it for other then good reasons.

But unlike NSO, least we can say we have been there at the top and fell from it. We learnt and moved on, again something that NSO seems unable to do.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1317706183' post='2815774']
Where on earth would you possibly get the idea that NSO gets war hungry only when the odds are on our side? Have you missed the last 20 months, or so? While it is easy to get the wrong impression from this thread, Legion is actually twice the size of NSO and Tetris combined* so at this point the numbers are still in their favor, at least theoretically. Whether or not they can actually use that advantage remains to be seen.

*edit: I just realized this might be a slightly overinflated claim so before any pedants jump on it allow me to rephrase: "Legion is still significantly larger than Tetris/NSO combined" carry on
[/quote]

You cannot seriously sit there and claim Legion has the advantage via size, history proves that NS is not always a factor in deciding the outcome of a war.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1317707070' post='2815820']
You cannot seriously sit there and claim Legion has the advantage via size, history proves that NS is not always a factor in deciding the outcome of a war.
[/quote]
No we really can claim that they are bigger than us. There's a magical thing called facts. Here are two. Legion: 6,109,080. NSO: 2,799,782. Roll them around in your mouth. How do those facts taste?

[/quote]
What would you have us do, throw away all our money on cruise missiles just to even the odds? I realize "being Legion" is a pretty big handicap but that's not our fault. There's no good reason for them to not put up a good showing against us and Tetris. They [i]do[/i] outnumber us, and we're not the most built-up alliance around either. They wanted a fight, they got a fight. If they weren't ready for it then that's their fault and not anyone else's.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317706328' post='2815781']
[color="#0000FF"]I do not know what history you've been reading, but NSO has been war hungry even when the odds are not in our favor. In fact, our historical small size can be attributed to our always going to bat for allies even when the odds are against us (to the point of being suicidally so).[/color]
[/quote]

In my eyes, Goading and Honouring treaties are not the same.

Also do not try and claim to be just doing the latter.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317707247' post='2815824']
No we really can claim that they are bigger than us. There's a magical thing called facts. Here are two. Legion: 6,109,080. NSO: 2,799,782. Roll them around in your mouth. How do those facts taste?
[/quote]

Yet when you factor in allies and history, it seems to change these facts.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1317707299' post='2815828']

[/quote]
Well we've also "goaded" larger and more connected alliances from time to time, so I'm not sure that really helps your argument, which was that we are only doing this because the "odds" (however you've calculated them) apparently favor us, unless you're changing your argument now?

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1317707299' post='2815828']

[/quote]
You talk as if alliances aren't supposed to try and land themselves in as many wars as they can.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317707649' post='2815838']
FaCtS

Immutable
Unchangeable
Constant

Do you understand now?
[/quote]

Would you like a dictionary?

"A piece of information used as evidence"

So when you look at the wider picture of this war including possible allies becoming involved, past history of alliances actions and war capability. It shows a picture of a different nature.

Edited by nutkase

Fascinating, I didn't see Grämlins becoming a topic of discussion within this thread.

But considering it is now, why not discuss it! Grämlins did have a fall from grace, yes Grämlins was at a point of being looked apon as a great and worthy alliance. We saw the power and held it, we also saw the destruction that can be caused when someone holds it for other then good reasons.

But unlike NSO, least we can say we have been there at the top and fell from it. We learnt and moved on, again something that NSO seems unable to do.
[/quote]
Indeed. Almost as fascinating as the hard-on Gre exhibits for us. Perhaps it's something to do with the way we use what we have whatever comes, then shrug it off and keep going afterwards. As opposed to Gre who built themselves up for years and years, looking down on everyone from atop their mounds of tech, only to collapse at your first real test, a test of your own making, I might add.

And Gre was already looked upon as a 'great and worthy alliance', until Ram threw it all away and you lot did nothing to stop him. For all your oft-touted high morals you couldn't even stand up against what your own alliance was doing. Good job duders.

Perhaps if you weren't scrabbling so hard for something to throw at us you might recognize that our taunts about losing sanction after a day are just that, taunts. We found it funny so we mentioned it. It has nothing to do with trying to make ourselves feel good or whatever your theory is. Why would we need to? We're fighting Legion after all.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317707992' post='2815851']
NSO are obviously bullies by picking on someone twice their size.
[/quote]

Charles, I thought you loved me! :awesome:

Though you know I always look at the wider picture while trying to maintain a view of a spectator.