Announcement from those Dark Templar people

Fort Pitt

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fort Pitt' timestamp='1316569037' post='2804961']
The Dark Templar would like to apologize to FOK for a raiding incident involving a former FOK member.

For the Dark Templar,
Supa_Troop3r
Myworld
TiTaN
[/quote]
The genius of this is that you could easily say it's not technically an apology. Maybe they'd "like" to apologize to FOK, but can't, because they're not in the wrong here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_QfilVbAd4

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1316636771' post='2805443']
FOK OK'd the raids then decided several days later that raids werent OK....there would be no issue other then FOK's $%&@ up in communicating the raid target was available....then once the guy was hit FOK renigged and went little girl and cried about the damage and such that occured after DT tried to msg their members to cease......bottom line no msg from DT would have [i]ever[/i] been needed had not FOK screwed the pooch.

Then asking for an apology and reps?

Kinda stuff id expect from lame noobs, who knows maybe FOK hasnt ever progressed past that stage

/me shrugs
[/quote]
FOK screwed up when they authorized the raid. That's not the issue though. The issue was that attacks continued [i]after[/i] those raiding were very clearly told to peace out because FOK was protecting the guy, and those attacks are what the reps are for. I'm glad that this was settled peacefully.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1316642304' post='2805483']
Why do I get the feeling that Xiphosis is at home rubbing his pincers together and saying "good, good" over this incident...
[/quote]
Pincers? He has tentacles. He's quite slimy too.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1316570054' post='2804975']
Hey, some of us know what this is about!
[/quote]
Even better, some of us don't care. It must have been particularly unpleasant as DT isn't one to do things for no reason.

I'm personally a fan of making apologies. Sometimes falling on your sword is the best way to go. Hope this gets you your desired results, DT.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1316650224' post='2805559']
Pincers? He has tentacles. He's quite slimy too.
[/quote]
[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrdq40T67b1qagbfb.gif[/img]

[color="#C0C0C0"][size="1"]*I had to!*[/size][/color]

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1316647381' post='2805526']
The genius of this is that you could easily say it's not technically an apology. Maybe they'd "like" to apologize to FOK, but can't, because they're not in the wrong here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_QfilVbAd4
[/quote]
Just when you thought you'd seen all the kinds of e-lawyering T_T

The tl;dr for those just joining us...

DT: OK, FOK?

FOK: OK.
[i]
(pause)[/i]

FOK: Not OK.

DT: Not OK?

FOK: Not OK.

DT: Ffffff...

FOK: Stop, OK?

DT: OK.

FOK: STOP! OK?

DT: OK! Ffffff...

FOK: Say you're sorry, now.

DT: Sorry, FOK, OK?

FOK: OK.

DT: [i](This thread.)[/i]

Everyone Else: ZOMG DRAMA TIME!!!

... aaaand now you're all caught up.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1316638179' post='2805450']
SUCK IT GOONS! oh wait wrong line....

Relax my friend, I was just making a comparison of two historical situations. In situation A, DT done something a PB alliance didn't like and nothing happened. In situation B, DT done something a PB alliance didn't like and a lot happened. It was the other commentators who entered into all of the GOONS debate which had nothing to do with the topic.If you and your ilk didn't dodge the situation and pretend as if it didn't happen (when I have logs of Sardonic admitting it did) then I would stop mentioning it.
[/quote]

No, that's the right line. The reasoning is silly though.

The Situation A and Situation B that you mention share similarities but they're not comparable (being different situations they were handled differently). We're not dodging anything because we don't find multiple threads to bring tangential discussion up in.

Succinct tl;dr, zzzptm. I wonder if there will be any variations.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1316660176' post='2805642']
No, that's the right line. The reasoning is silly though.

The Situation A and Situation B that you mention share similarities but they're not comparable (being different situations they were handled differently). We're not dodging anything because we don't find multiple threads to bring tangential discussion up in.

Succinct tl;dr, zzzptm. I wonder if there will be any variations.
[/quote]

I have several logs of Sardonic saying he was "ignoring my posts", so that he doesn't get called a "!@#$%". You claiming that an attempt wasn't made to dodge my questions is quite simply false. I'm glad we finally have someone admit the situation happened.

It's not really important though. I compared two situations and you came in to defend your alliance. That's fine.

I like you Sir William. You are a good person. I don't want to argue with you. :(

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1316645812' post='2805516']
It was very nice of you to accept this piss poor apology, FOK. I'm sure you'll move on from this incident with no problems.
[/quote]
Very nice indeed. I am forever grateful for your mercy.

[quote name='CheeKy' timestamp='1316638941' post='2805458']
The only reason there is a public apology was because someone which didn't have any authority talked to my gov. He offered a public apology and some reps and that basically gave us ideas. I don't care about this apology at all, however I do like the thread, so it is worth something.
[/quote]
Let me get this straight - if a non-government member of an alliance makes offers or negotiations on behalf of that alliance... we are now supposed to punish that alliance for it? Wasn't the protocol always to just ignore the person once you realized that what they said meant nothing? If I ever speak with a FOK member and they tell me something, I'll be sure to come by and rattle my saber until you apologize.

Grow up.

Edited by MaGneT

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1316648615' post='2805539']
FOK screwed up when they authorized the raid. That's not the issue though. The issue was that attacks continued [i]after[/i] those raiding were very clearly told to peace out because FOK was protecting the guy, and those attacks are what the reps are for. I'm glad that this was settled peacefully.
[/quote]

BAM! We have a winner.

This entire 'issue' arose from the fact that after FOK sought to correct their mistake in authorizing the raid, the ones conducting the raid chose to ignore the messages they got to cease raiding. The reparations and apology are for the two days of attacks that ensued after DT messaged their nations to stop.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1316667129' post='2805747']
BAM! We have a winner.

This entire 'issue' arose from the fact that after FOK sought to correct their mistake in authorizing the raid, the ones conducting the raid chose to ignore the messages they got to cease raiding. The reparations and apology are for the two days of attacks that ensued after DT messaged their nations to stop.
[/quote]
I assure you, FOK is getting more than their just reparations.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1316648615' post='2805539']
[/quote]

You missed the crux of his argument, if they hadn't screwed up in the first place the raids would never have happened period. Regardless they did, and the situation was allowed to unfold. I have it on good authority that DT did contact their nations to stop raiding but the messages were not picked up, this is where DT screwed up. Given that they both $%&@ed up a rationale thinker like myself would simply have said look we both $%&@ed up you guys pay the detriment due and that brings closure to the issue. But that is not what FOK choose to do which just seems to be a little silly to an independent bystander like myself. This was two decent alliances making stupid mistakes and allowing the situation to escalate where it needn't.

Now that I have solved that issue for everyone roll on winter time.

Edited by MCRABT

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1316681766' post='2805817']
You missed the crux of his argument, if they hadn't screwed up in the first place the raids would never have happened period. Regardless they did, and the situation was allowed to unfold. I have it on good authority that DT did contact their nations to stop raiding but the messages were not picked up, this is where DT screwed up. Given that they both $%&@ed up a rationale thinker like myself would simply have said look we both $%&@ed up you guys pay the detriment due and that brings closure to the issue. But that is not what FOK choose to do which just seems to be a little silly to an independent bystander like myself. This was two decent alliances making stupid mistakes and allowing the situation to escalate where it needn't.

Now that I have solved that issue for everyone roll on winter time.
[/quote]

I think he didn't miss the crux of his argument, it was just a little bit weird to talk about something not happening if another thing would not have happened. I mean if I FOK wouldn't existed, neither would iFOK and we would never have started trouble on Purple and Invicta would still be there. In my eyes it's very simple. Yes FOK messed up with authorizing the raid and the attacks that happened until then were not taken into account. The fact remains that DT continued to raid willingly even after they were instructed to stop attacking. This willingness is the key argument here. Both members that continued the raid were a) active every day, b) were (ex) high gov members. So they did read their message (I'm sure they also were told to stop on their forum or irc to stop attacking), but yet continued to attack. And those nations that choose to ignore the request to seize attacks are now paying the reps. I think that is an absolutely fine arrangement.

Insulting either alliance and even threatening my allies was quite unnecessary and does not sit well with me. I have lost quite a bit of respect for several alliances over this event.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1316684557' post='2805829']
I think he didn't miss the crux of his argument, it was just a little bit weird to talk about something not happening if another thing would not have happened. I mean if I FOK wouldn't existed, neither would iFOK and we would never have started trouble on Purple and Invicta would still be there. In my eyes it's very simple. Yes FOK messed up with authorizing the raid and the attacks that happened until then were not taken into account. The fact remains that DT continued to raid willingly even after they were instructed to stop attacking. This willingness is the key argument here. Both members that continued the raid were a) active every day, b) were (ex) high gov members. So they did read their message (I'm sure they also were told to stop on their forum or irc to stop attacking), but yet continued to attack. And those nations that choose to ignore the request to seize attacks are now paying the reps. I think that is an absolutely fine arrangement.

Insulting either alliance and even threatening my allies was quite unnecessary and does not sit well with me. I have lost quite a bit of respect for several alliances over this event.
[/quote]

[OOC]This is kinda like the NFL, if the offense gets a penalty and the defense gets a penalty, a lot of the time the penalties offset and nothing happens.[/OOC]

The same applies here, FOK screwed up, DT screwed up, the screw ups should offset. Even if you want to argue that DT did physical damage and leans more towards them paying something, they are on FOKs side. If this was a member of SF/XX I'd understand, you want to hurt the other side before the war starts, but doing it to your own side speaks volumes.

Regardless, what's done is done and what happens after the war is going to be interesting for sure.