Announcement from those Dark Templar people

Fort Pitt

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1316618525' post='2805300']
Well FOK certainly had a legit beef. Did they ask for too much? Yeah, I think we all know they did.
[/quote]
Given the damages, no, they didn't. But say what you will.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1316618970' post='2805305']
Ok I'll bite. What did FOK do wrong after they contacted DT to stop the attacks?
[/quote]

Loaded questions are dangerous. What did DT do wrong before FOK asked them to stop?

Fact is, both sides made mistakes. Lack of communication/miscommunications happen.

I just hope we can all move past this because it involves two alliances I deeply respect and admire.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1316611784' post='2805264']
4) Like I said, I don't care, I don't want to know what went on. All I want is for people to stop posting (or making people post) crap like this.
[/quote]

Use your !@#$@#$ head -- if you have a problem with this thread existing, take it up with FOK who demanded it as a term. Don't rant on DT for it.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1316619482' post='2805310']
Loaded questions are dangerous. What did DT do wrong before FOK asked them to stop?

Fact is, both sides made mistakes. Lack of communication/miscommunications happen.

I just hope we can all move past this because it involves two alliances I deeply respect and admire.
[/quote]

No this wasn't loaded at all. Thrawn thinks FOK messed up, I claim otherwise. The reparations and apology were for the attacks happening [b]after [/b]FOK contacted DT to stop the attacks. This was not a communication error as one raider proved that by peacing out that same day. Messages were sent on the 13th and two of the attackers kept on attacking the raided target for another 2 days. These were experienced fighters too, who have been in gov for a long time (maybe still are).

They took the chance to continue the raid, thinking they would only have to pay puny reps. They gambled, and lost. Now they have to pay more than they gained.

[edited in w.r.t. Doch post]
Doch, this isn't about making sure the damages are covered. This is primarily (FOK can correct me if I'm wrong) about making sure this thing does not happens again, and that is ignoring FOK's request willingly.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316619983' post='2805317']
Words.
[/quote]

There was really no sense in bringing this to the OWF... and I am disappointed you have chosen to do so.

With that, I'm gonna go ahead and leave this thread.

Also, to kriek, fair point. If you wish to talk further you can find me on IRC.

One last thing, I'd advise everyone to condone themselves in a diplomatic and professional demeanor. This situation is supposed to be passed, and people on both sides are acting childish. It's over... let it go.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1316611529' post='2805263']
I think you're missing the point on numerous levels.

[i]1.) FOK requested (demanded) this apology, so here we are.
2.) If you don't know what's going on, you weren't involved, so who cares?[/i]

[/quote]

:D makes me laugh, on one hand you state FOK demanded this apology, then went on to say those who do not know what's going on clearly was not involved therefore who cares, WELL clearly FOK cares as they forced DT to make this public forcing the issue on to those who was not involved. FOK has forced everyone to be involved if they wish to be or not with the simple action of DT making this public.

FOK want a little spotlight fame by pushing this to the public area when it clearly could have been sorted without a public display.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1316620072' post='2805318']
No this wasn't loaded at all. Thrawn thinks FOK messed up, I claim otherwise. The reparations and apology were for the attacks happening [b]after [/b]FOK contacted DT to stop the attacks. This was not a communication error as one raider proved that by peacing out that same day. Messages were sent on the 13th and two of the attackers kept on attacking the raided target for another 2 days. These were experienced fighters too, who have been in gov for a long time (maybe still are).

They took the chance to continue the raid, thinking they would only have to pay puny reps. They gambled, and lost. Now they have to pay more than they gained.

[edited in w.r.t. Doch post]
Doch, this isn't about making sure the damages are covered. This is primarily (FOK can correct me if I'm wrong) about making sure this thing does not happens again, and that is ignoring FOK's request willingly.[/quote]

Aside from the fact you are missing certain critical details, details that would make FOK look not nearly so justified, here's to hoping when someone demands some embarrassing amount in reparations from you or your alliance in the future for something similar, you have the good sense to stay away from these forums, do not attempt to justify yourself in any way or play it off as "no big deal" or a "simple misunderstanding", and pay who ever is demanding cash cheerfully, without dickering, and with all due speed.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1316620072' post='2805318']
-snip doublespeak-
[/quote]

FOK OK'd the raids then decided several days later that raids werent OK....there would be no issue other then FOK's $%&@ up in communicating the raid target was available....then once the guy was hit FOK renigged and went little girl and cried about the damage and such that occured after DT tried to msg their members to cease......bottom line no msg from DT would have [i]ever[/i] been needed had not FOK screwed the pooch.

Then asking for an apology and reps?

Kinda stuff id expect from lame noobs, who knows maybe FOK hasnt ever progressed past that stage

/me shrugs

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1316613032' post='2805273']
Omni has a hard-on for us, that's how. It's why he continues subtly referencing a situation that isn't all that comparable to recent ones (even if he continues making connections that aren't there, bless his heart).
[/quote]

SUCK IT GOONS! oh wait wrong line....

Relax my friend, I was just making a comparison of two historical situations. In situation A, DT done something a PB alliance didn't like and nothing happened. In situation B, DT done something a PB alliance didn't like and a lot happened. It was the other commentators who entered into all of the GOONS debate which had nothing to do with the topic.If you and your ilk didn't dodge the situation and pretend as if it didn't happen (when I have logs of Sardonic admitting it did) then I would stop mentioning it.

However, on topic I know that FOK has always been reasonable in the past with most everything it does. Even when I had leaked a private post from their forums they treated me with respect. (while GOONS was deciding to threaten me instead). With that said, DT are great friends of mine and I couldn't see them wronging someone on purpose.

I believe that once SF is obliterated that we'll have several of these almost wars pop up between MJ and PB. I don't believe those two are as compatible as the CnG/SF hegemony (which was very far from unified). Oh speaking of Xiph, isn't it time we swept this under the rug and started talking about how evil and paranoid he is?

That is part of the reason why it baffles me FOK would ask for a public apology? Why give a vehicle for pointless trolling between two people with a common enemy?

[quote]That is part of the reason why it baffles me FOK would ask for a public apology? Why give a vehicle for pointless trolling between two people with a common enemy? [/quote]
The only reason there is a public apology was because someone which didn't have any authority talked to my gov. He offered a public apology and some reps and that basically gave us ideas. I don't care about this apology at all, however I do like the thread, so it is worth something.

FOK...wow.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1316576272' post='2805067']
Bob didnt post this, therefore I do not recognize it as legit.

Also, I know what this is about, which makes me superior to Banksy.
[/quote]
I'm going to be busy.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1316599544' post='2805217']
You (and many others in this thread) have literally no idea what happened, lol.
[/quote]
I'll let you pick an option

Option 1: You are so right. I never talk to my allies, ever. Who is myworld? Supa? Titan? This Fort Pitt character? Never heard of or talked to any of them.

Option 2: You are so right. Can you explain the situation to me? DT are awful allies and refuse to tell me about anything!

I personally am just glad this is over with. My only take on this matter is that all problems have a starting point, and in this instance if the raid wasn't cleared or the person who cleared it didn't realize the nation was protected and told them to hold off this would have never happened. One can say DT messed up afterwards and they did continue the raids for a couple of days but then again it should have never gotten to that point if it was handled correctly from the start.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1316636771' post='2805443']
FOK OK'd the raids then decided several days later that raids werent OK....there would be no issue other then FOK's $%&@ up in communicating the raid target was available....then once the guy was hit FOK renigged and went little girl and cried about the damage and such that occured after DT tried to msg their members to cease......bottom line no msg from DT would have [i]ever[/i] been needed had not FOK screwed the pooch.

Then asking for an apology and reps?

Kinda stuff id expect from lame noobs, who knows maybe FOK hasnt ever progressed past that stage

/me shrugs
[/quote]

Problem this is not about that. Sure the problems originated from the raid being OKed. But if you agree to not attack anymore (which DT did after wietze contacted them), you shouldn't attack. It was clear that the attackers willingly continued to hit for another 2 days and that is just spitting in the face of FOK.

You are now turning out cause and effect which is not how things are ever done. The reps being asked were from AFTER they told they would seize attacks. So what happened before that shouldn't even be of any influence on how you perceive all of this.

I know they are your allies and you cannot burn them in public (nor can I), but actually admitting what they did wrong is a good first start to move beyond this. I think all the insults you and some of your friends are throwing at FOK is just simply unnecessary and stupid.