Announcement from those Dark Templar people

Fort Pitt

[quote name='EnzoCosta' timestamp='1316585688' post='2805177']
Question:

Why should we care? [i]Irrelevant posts [/i] are common, these things are worked out every single day, why bring it out here?

Unless, [i]your ego[/i] mandated a public [i]troll fest in reply to[/i] a random [i]announcement[/i].

In which case, why? What point would you have adding a completely unnecessary [i]post [/i]that serves no purpose other than to clutter the AP forum with your nonsense?

Is it because you feel inadequate? You need a hug? You felt the need to [i]call out[/i] an entire alliance because you felt like it?

I don't know and I don't care. Take this crap and put it somewhere else.
[/quote]
oh wow lolololol XDDDD u so witty!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316593246' post='2805207']
Looks like MJ [i]nominal influence[/i] wasn't enough to avoid this shameful situation. :unsure:
[/quote]

HEY! MK isn't in PB! Therefore this has nothing to do with them!

Actually I thought the same thing and it speaks loudly. I've had a lot of people hit AA's I've protected and my own AA's and I rarely asked for reps, unless it was a small nation getting beat up pretty good, and this policy is the same for whoever is considered my "enemy" at the time, let alone nailing alliances on my own damn side.

Well done FOK, well done

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1316598263' post='2805215']

Actually I thought the same thing and it speaks loudly. I've had a lot of people hit AA's I've protected and my own AA's and I rarely asked for reps, unless it was a small nation getting beat up pretty good, and this policy is the same for whoever is considered my "enemy" at the time, let alone nailing alliances on my own damn side.

Well done FOK, well done
[/quote]

You (and many others in this thread) have literally no idea what happened, lol.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1316598263' post='2805215']

Well done FOK, well done
[/quote]
That is a truly admirable stance, and speaks well of you.
Incidently, which alliances are you protecting?

It would do well if people who had no idea what they were talking about would keep their opinions to themselves.

While I wouldn't support the reps that FOK asked for, they had every right to do so. (Especially with all the power they're wielding right now). The situation has been resolved, we can all move a long now. Good luck to all parties involved.

Also, how did this become about GOONS? You people really have an obsession or something...

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1316605912' post='2805236']
It would do well if people who had no idea what they were talking about would keep their opinions to themselves.

While I wouldn't support the reps that FOK asked for, they had every right to do so. (Especially with all the power they're wielding right now). The situation has been resolved, we can all move a long now. Good luck to all parties involved.

Also, how did this become about GOONS? You people really have an obsession or something...
[/quote]

GOONS' milkshake brings the drama to the yard.

People seem to miss my twofold point:

1) Public apologies are unnecessary and outdated.

2) If you're going to make one, you have to allocute to your crimes. "Hey X, we're sorry, private channels" means nothing and wastes space. It's not a public apology at all because the point of one is to let EVERYONE know what you've done.

No, I don't want someone querying me and explaining it because it won't make it any more relevant.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1316610610' post='2805260']
People seem to miss my twofold point:

1) Public apologies are unnecessary and outdated.

2) If you're going to make one, you have to allocute to your crimes. "Hey X, we're sorry, private channels" means nothing and wastes space. It's not a public apology at all because the point of one is to let EVERYONE know what you've done.

No, I don't want someone querying me and explaining it because it won't make it any more relevant.
[/quote]

I think you're missing the point on numerous levels.

1.) FOK requested (demanded) this apology, so here we are.
2.) If you don't know what's going on, you weren't involved, so who cares?
3.) They did say exactly what they did wrong, read the OP ("raiding a former FOK member"). Anything beyond that is irrelevant to this particular cause.
4.) Curiosity killed the cat.

Personally, I think public apologies are detrimental to the cause, because they make you look like a self-conscious teenage girl, who needs to be told that they're pretty... and as you see from this thread, people are generally picking up on that... but that's just me.

Like I said, good luck to both parties moving forward.

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1316611529' post='2805263']
I think you're missing the point on numerous levels.

1.) FOK requested (demanded) this apology, so here we are.
2.) If you don't know what's going on, you weren't involved, so who cares?
3.) They did say exactly what they did wrong, read the OP ("raiding a former FOK member"). Anything beyond that is irrelevant to this particular cause.
4.) Curiosity killed the cat.

Personally, I think public apologies are detrimental to the cause, because they make you look like a self-conscious teenage girl, who needs to be told that they're pretty... and as you see from this thread, people are generally picking up on that... but that's just me.

Like I said, good luck to both parties moving forward.
[/quote]
1) Got that, which is why they're idiots for cluttering my forum.

2) Because it's on the forums, I can see it, people are talking about it. If you make a post here it should have substance.

3) That's vague as all hell.

4) Like I said, I don't care, I don't want to know what went on. All I want is for people to stop posting (or making people post) crap like this.

[quote name='Baron Flynt' timestamp='1316602353' post='2805225']
So the vibe I'm getting is that FOK is kind of lame.
[/quote]

FOK the new GOD? I guess FOK has not figured out that demanding public apologies tends to make those demanding them look like idiots. Well now they know.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1316612412' post='2805267']
what a crippling PR defeat for FOK
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that. But this whole situation was pretty dumb, and this certainly doesn't make it better.

Actually, it probably won't change anything, people that didn't like FOK before still won't like them, and it still won't matter because they have a great group of allies. Same goes for DT pretty much. Which is why I never got the whole PR warfare ideology.

Good for you, DT. Good for you.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1316605912' post='2805236']
Also, how did this become about GOONS?
[/quote]

Omni has a hard-on for us, that's how. It's why he continues subtly referencing a situation that isn't all that comparable to recent ones (even if he continues making connections that aren't there, bless his heart).

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1316612999' post='2805272']
I wouldn't say that. But this whole situation was pretty dumb, and this certainly doesn't make it better.

Actually, it probably won't change anything, people that didn't like FOK before still won't like them, and it still won't matter because they have a great group of allies. Same goes for DT pretty much. Which is why I never got the whole PR warfare ideology.
[/quote]

I agree with you, I was being facetious. Was it stupid? Yeah maybe but I don't really care and ultimately its the opinion of FOK's allies that matters most.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1316613032' post='2805273']
Omni has a hard-on for us, that's how. It's why he continues subtly referencing a situation that isn't all that comparable to recent ones (even if he continues making connections that aren't there, bless his heart).
[/quote]

To be fair, I have a hard-on for you too. ;)

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1316615222' post='2805279']
I agree with you, I was being facetious. Was it stupid? Yeah maybe but I don't really care and ultimately its the opinion of FOK's allies that matters most.
[/quote]

Ah, ok... Early morning sarcasm was lost on me, my bad. Although I could have just checked your alliance tag and made an assumption... but effort and all that.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1316605492' post='2805234']
That is a truly admirable stance, and speaks well of you.
Incidently, which alliances are you protecting?
[/quote]
Ive been leading an alliance for around 3 years now, you really want a list?