Announcement from those Dark Templar people

Fort Pitt

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1316741992' post='2806387']
Dark Templar has posted its apology. While laconic, it is sincere. We made mistakes and to make amends, the offended party asked that we apologize publicly. We've done that, and we're agreed to other terms of the agreement to mend fences with FOK. We love our allies and we love their undying support for us: It's clear that we've got some tight friends and their stances are clear. Let us now let what has been said, be said, and say no more of this.

Again, FOK, we apologize for our errors. Let us leave it at that.
[/quote]

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1316745221' post='2806433']
I second this. There's been resolution in this situation and there's not much to discuss at this point.

I motion that we cease talking about Polar ITT as it's more than pseudo-random given the OP.
[/quote]

I like these guys. !@#$ was $%&@ed up, things could have been done differently, an apology was made, now lets all move on. Good show DT

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1316747952' post='2806475']
I like these guys. !@#$ was $%&@ed up, things could have been done differently, an apology was made, now lets all move on. Good show DT
[/quote]

But the tears that are being shed in this announcement are so delicious. Seriously though, the parties involved aren't !@#$%*ing about, so the parties not involved most certainly shouldn't be !@#$%*ing about it.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1316748454' post='2806486']
Seriously though, the parties involved aren't !@#$%*ing about, so the parties not involved most certainly shouldn't be !@#$%*ing about it.
[/quote]

That's not how the OWF works sadly.

Anyway, glad this was resolved.

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1316729585' post='2806222']
Wow, make a simple apology thread and all hell breaks loose. Some of you sound more frustrated then a trucker's housewife.

There's only one solution to the overwhelming desire to sink your nukes into someone: Give in to it.
[/quote]

I think you've gotten progressively dumber for each day you've been out of TOP.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1316782670' post='2806646']
How many last wars back was it when the GOONs ceased to exist? You all have earned your cocky for now, but it wont last, never does.
[/quote]
Different government, different politics, different GOONS. They stopped caring and threw it all away, my government will not repeat such mistakes. I am not concerned with immature death threats to my alliance, our position is such that we do not have to fear such things.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1316792358' post='2806693']
I think you may have just proven his point.
[/quote]
Not really, unless you can prove the "won't last" part. Given our professionalism and conservative practices, I am not worried.

VVVVVVVV If there was no GOONS, It would be necessary to create one.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1316705076' post='2805947']
No mercy, just a screw job, just like the business during the last war was a screw job.

Of course if you weren't so politically invested in FOK and CSN (through GOD because of the MADP), you'd admit that. See, I can admit that those DT members should have stopped after 24 hours and therefore a day's worth of reparations and a private apology was probably a good idea "for the good of the order", but you...you are in a position that you must overlook certain "excesses" by your allies or stand a very good chance of getting rolled. The VE I once knew wouldn't have had that problem, because the VE I once knew never allowed itself to be placed in that position.

Enjoy your fleas. You laid with the dogs, you earned them.
[/quote]

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1316705828' post='2805954']
You're really reaching there.
[/quote]
Sorry, Hal, gotta agree with WarriorConcept on this one. Viridia has always had that problem, they've always sold themselves out to get a warm bed with plenty of fleas.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1316739802' post='2806354']
Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me that Impero did not get what he wanted out of that war? You shouldn't lower yourself to chefjoe's level of "argumentation" Hal.
[/quote]
Impero totally planned for SF to get pushed over the cliff's edge while VE still has that GOD-shaped anvil chained to its ankle.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1316792636' post='2806699']
Not really, unless you can prove the "won't last" part. Given our professionalism and conservative practices, I am not worried.
[/quote]
Nor would I be - I think the argument implied that you would deviate from that, though. Regardless... none of this actually matters at all.
[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1316800755' post='2806749']
apologies over this spectrum are always retarded.
[/quote]
But they're always so sincere!

[quote name='CheeKy' timestamp='1316740015' post='2806357']
Actually only two FOKkers replied here and this thread is literally filled with !@#$.
[/quote]

Well I guess you now know why its pretty common knowledge that asking for public apologies is just plain stupid. It does nothing but make the alliance asking look foolish and allows eveyone to pile on them. In this case with the raid then later don't raid screw up the last thing you should have done is been dumb enough to make this public by having DT say sorry. That is two big stupid mistakes back to back. And you have just been adding on to that. As much fun as it is to watch an alliance publicly face palm I always liked FOK so its sad see you have gotten to this point. I would say I am sure your MoFA will come along and smooth things out but...

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1316807802' post='2806841']
Wait a sec, this is the reason we almost went to war last week? I had to go out and buy some Navy and Nukes and raise my daily bills by 500k because a few monkeys in DT cant follow instructions...

Congrats DT you are at the top of my list.
[/quote]

mmk

Wait a sec, this is the reason we almost went to war last week? I had to go out and buy some Navy and Nukes and raise my daily bills by 500k because a few monkeys in DT cant follow instructions...

[/quote]

Thank you DT :P

[/quote]

I am sure DT is very sorry they forced you to blow your savings :facepalm:

so the tl;dr was

DT is sorry

DT tells its members to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105405&view=findpost&p=2805048"]hush[/url]

MK is told to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105405&view=findpost&p=2805116"]hush[/url] as well

in comes MJ $%^# about reps and an appology

a few pages later polaris pops in

more b&^*ing by Valhalla

MK says hey [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105405&view=findpost&p=2806220"]STFU[/url] we need these guys to roll SF

valhalla stops f&^%ing around

its about now its about VE and GOONS again :/

all this for an apology, enjoy the summer >.>

Edited by dvdcchn