Is it Ragnarok yet?

Pax ME

Maybe it's because I'm bored. Maybe it's because I'm in Valhalla. Maybe it's because with the recent update of changing resources I think we NEED a war to get the whole "war circles" going.

What's your guys' thoughts on the lack of a global nuclear playground currently going on in CN?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1316429802' post='2803646']
My thoughts are that we have a few more months until the cycle is complete and we can war again.
[/quote]

I'm so relieved, major wars at 12 month cycles is exactly what this game needs <_<

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1316443310' post='2803735']
Need a war you say? Go start one.
[/quote]

This is the .01% of the time that I agree with Hereno, so listen to him.

Edited by supercoolyellow

The longer the better. I'm sick and tired of being dragged into protracted, childish, and pointless conflicts for alliances I don't care about. The wars of the current era of CN are wars of attrition where one one overwhelmingly powerful side grinds on the other side for weeks and even months before inflicting unfair and even longer peace terms on them. There's nothing fun about a month long war and several months long peace terms.

I find it very amusing that many of the people whining about peace in CN being boring were on the winning side in the last war. If you guys wanted to have another war soon, you should have let the other side surrender out quickly. Sure, you wouldn't be able to pound the other side to dust or extort huge quantities of reparations but you would be able to fight another war sooner because your opponents would actually be able to rebuild. I got ZIed in the last three wars and it took the entire interwar periods for me to even rebuild up to where I was before the wars.

Although it should have been around sooner, White Peace is a relatively new concept that became mainstream as a reaction to extortive peace terms. Before Karma, alliances would still be able to get out early but would find themselves paying reps. The reps weren't small for that time even though they seem small now. GWIII was ended with GATO having to pay NPO $300 million and that was a record at that time. Now single nations and small alliances find themselves paying that for a rogue attack.

So if you want war, you need to let people have peace. Otherwise, you'll simply be fighting air.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1316443310' post='2803735']
Need a war you say? Go start one.
[/quote]

Sure and that would make too much sense dont you think?

We force nations into large alliances for security, leaders of large alliances seek no risks as a result, and then everyone wonders why it's all so boring.

Continuing to take the same actions, expecting different results, is one definition of insanity.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1316447630' post='2803771']
The longer the better. I'm sick and tired of being dragged into protracted, childish, and pointless conflicts for alliances I don't care about. [/quote]

I think a lot of us have felt that way, for a very long time.

[quote]The wars of the current era of CN are wars of attrition where one one overwhelmingly powerful side grinds on the other side for weeks and even months before inflicting unfair and even longer peace terms on them. There's nothing fun about a month long war and several months long peace terms. [/quote]

Well that's a matter of perspective I guess. A month long war can be very fun. So can shorter, or longer, wars. The peace terms can and have been excessive at times, sure. I think that is maybe as much the fault of those who accept them as those that demand them, however. Why not just say no?

[quote]I find it very amusing that many of the people whining about peace in CN being boring were on the winning side in the last war. [/quote]

Too predictable and obvious to amuse me.

[quote]Although it should have been around sooner, White Peace is a relatively new concept that became mainstream as a reaction to extortive peace terms. [/quote]

I dont think it's a new concept at all, but yes it's gained popularity somewhat after Karma, but lost it afterwards as new power structures got comfortable in their place.

I dont think it's always appropriate, but very often it is. Anytime, in my opinion, that you have two sides sitting around sniping at each other for months, talking about how bored they are and how they want someone to come at em... whomever winds up kicking the thing off it still looks like mutual combat to me. No one should pay reps in such a situation, just beat on each other till everyone gets tired of it, then quit.

[quote name='Pax ME' timestamp='1316428458' post='2803629']
Maybe it's because I'm bored. Maybe it's because I'm in Valhalla. Maybe it's because with the recent update of changing resources I think we NEED a war to get the whole "war circles" going.

What's your guys' thoughts on the lack of a global nuclear playground currently going on in CN?
[/quote]
What lack of global nuclear playground? Valhalla are the ones that have decided to sit out of everything lately. We just had [i]two [/i]that Valhalla could have fought in this spring.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1316446172' post='2803755']
This is the .01% of the time that I agree with Hereno, so listen to him.
[/quote]

Actually, we agree OOC quite often. At least in the boiler room and such. :P

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1316452249' post='2803811']
Sure and that would make too much sense dont you think?

We force nations into large alliances for security, leaders of large alliances seek no risks as a result, and then everyone wonders why it's all so boring.

Continuing to take the same actions, expecting different results, is one definition of insanity. [/quote]

I completely agree.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1316447630' post='2803771']
Although it should have been around sooner, White Peace is a relatively new concept that became mainstream as a reaction to extortive peace terms. Before Karma, alliances would still be able to get out early but would find themselves paying reps. The reps weren't small for that time even though they seem small now. GWIII was ended with GATO having to pay NPO $300 million and that was a record at that time. Now single nations and small alliances find themselves paying that for a rogue attack.
[/quote]
I agree with your post in general, but I'd like a little nitpick here; GOD (yes, the evil one who disbands alliances!) totally gave CCC white peace in the WotC. :smug:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1316429802' post='2803646']
My thoughts are that we have a few more months until the cycle is complete and we can war again.
[/quote]
over in 2.

Folks got treaties to drop and chess pieces to move.

edit: DK, who in the blue hell pays for rogues?

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1316469810' post='2803977']
TOP continues to talk about how they will destroy NpO and they've yet to do it in the year and half since Bipolar. No one cares about Bipolar anymore. Also, this whole "durrr Winter iz coming!!!" thing is stupid.
[/quote]
TOP is single handily stopping all wars and drama in this game.

:smug:

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1316469810' post='2803977']
TOP continues to talk about how they will destroy NpO and they've yet to do it in the year and half since Bipolar. No one cares about Bipolar anymore. Also, this whole "durrr Winter iz coming!!!" thing is stupid.
[/quote]

Don't worry. Your time is coming soon.