Is it Ragnarok yet?

Pax ME

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316482183' post='2804140']
If a had one dollar for everytime that I saw someone say this, I'd be a rich man by now.
[/quote]

Spend the dollars on tech and infra, you will be needing both soon enough. :awesome:

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1316484959' post='2804168']
Sounds like you have your reps packages ready already ;)
[/quote]

You seems to fail to understand the concept of the "if", also what make you think that we would pay reps if TOP decides to attack us? :laugh:

[quote name='Pax ME' timestamp='1316428458' post='2803629']
Maybe it's because I'm bored. Maybe it's because I'm in Valhalla. Maybe it's because with the recent update of changing resources I think we NEED a war to get the whole "war circles" going.

What's your guys' thoughts on the lack of a global nuclear playground currently going on in CN?
[/quote]

There was a war... your just about 7 months to late to participate sorry :awesome:
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/PB-NpO_War

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316486342' post='2804182']
You seems to fail to understand the concept of the "if", also what make you think that we would pay reps if TOP decides to attack us? :laugh:
[/quote]
well because you always end up paying the winner and i can guarantee that treaties being what they are right now it wouldn't be a war you'd win

also im disappointed that this thread isn't actually about Rok, misleading title etc...

Edited by Systemfailure

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1316447630' post='2803771']
The longer the better. I'm sick and tired of being dragged into protracted, childish, and pointless conflicts for alliances I don't care about. The wars of the current era of CN are wars of attrition where one one overwhelmingly powerful side grinds on the other side for weeks and even months before inflicting unfair and even longer peace terms on them. There's nothing fun about a month long war and several months long peace terms.

I find it very amusing that many of the people whining about peace in CN being boring were on the winning side in the last war. If you guys wanted to have another war soon, you should have let the other side surrender out quickly. Sure, you wouldn't be able to pound the other side to dust or extort huge quantities of reparations but you would be able to fight another war sooner because your opponents would actually be able to rebuild. I got ZIed in the last three wars and it took the entire interwar periods for me to even rebuild up to where I was before the wars.

Although it should have been around sooner, White Peace is a relatively new concept that became mainstream as a reaction to extortive peace terms. Before Karma, alliances would still be able to get out early but would find themselves paying reps. The reps weren't small for that time even though they seem small now. GWIII was ended with GATO having to pay NPO $300 million and that was a record at that time. Now single nations and small alliances find themselves paying that for a rogue attack.

So if you want war, you need to let people have peace. Otherwise, you'll simply be fighting air.
[/quote]

If you don't want to join the politics and thus the war aspect of CN, there are a few easy solution: join a neutral alliance, retire completely or just quit.

I also like how you suddenly grew a conscience when you got on the wrong end of the curbstomp. You and your friends were quite happy tonking people when you had the power. And you and your allies took reps for it: don't make it sound like you were doing a service to the community as opposed to the rulers of today being the root of all evil. Nations are bigger, warchests last longer wars are bigger and last longer, reps are bigger and last longer: it's as simple as that.

As long as it's not government members of large alliances, I'm usually okay with complaints directed at stagnating politics. That being said, this will only turn into another thread about why wars usually start and what's not happening to shake the game up a bit.

You realise that continuously making these threads is counter-productive and ironic, if not a sad reflection on the gloomy faces 'round here.

Let's just end this thread sooner than 5 pages and move on. Maybe we can foster a new world, where daisies aren't associated with new beginnings, or death. Where people complain only to make changes, not criticise them. Where... eh $%&@ it. Get the $%&@ over it and "do something abou--

Never mind.

There will be a war as soon as MK, feel they should have another go at NPO/NpO.......... or someone else that might upset them.

One thing that is a known fact in this world, the weaker alliance's suck up to the power alliances and the ones in power will abuse such mindless following to their own will, NPO did it for years and now its the time of Mushroom Kingdom and just like NPO, MK are using the support of their allies to enforce their own will over the mindless following.

MK is the key. the masters of each door you go though, if that door is pain or pleasure

it will be the blood of MK allies that will be used in the writing on the wall, as NPO are a lot smarter then MK and their allies and already are rebuilding their power house to take over this world again, and you all see it with the treaty of TLR and NPO, the start is upon us.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1316562659' post='2804860']
There will be a war as soon as MK, feel they should have another go at NPO/NpO.......... or someone else that might upset them.

One thing that is a known fact in this world, the weaker alliance's suck up to the power alliances and the ones in power will abuse such mindless following to their own will, NPO did it for years and now its the time of Mushroom Kingdom and just like NPO, MK are using the support of their allies to enforce their own will over the mindless following.

MK is the key. the masters of each door you go though, if that door is pain or pleasure

it will be the blood of MK allies that will be used in the writing on the wall, as NPO are a lot smarter then MK and their allies and already are rebuilding their power house to take over this world again, and you all see it with the treaty of TLR and NPO, the start is upon us.
[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble but NPO just doesn't have the ambition, power, influence and drive to pull such a thing off. Not anymore, these days are long gone.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1316566143' post='2804922']
Sorry to burst your bubble but NPO just doesn't have the ambition, power, influence and drive to pull such a thing off. Not anymore, these days are long gone.
[/quote]

History has a sad way of repeating itself, we shall see what happens in a year or two (if we are still alive at such a time)

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1316447630' post='2803771']
The longer the better. I'm sick and tired of being dragged into protracted, childish, and pointless conflicts for alliances I don't care about. The wars of the current era of CN are wars of attrition where one one overwhelmingly powerful side grinds on the other side for weeks and even months before inflicting unfair and even longer peace terms on them. There's nothing fun about a month long war and several months long peace terms.

I find it very amusing that many of the people whining about peace in CN being boring were on the winning side in the last war. If you guys wanted to have another war soon, you should have let the other side surrender out quickly. Sure, you wouldn't be able to pound the other side to dust or extort huge quantities of reparations but you would be able to fight another war sooner because your opponents would actually be able to rebuild. I got ZIed in the last three wars and it took the entire interwar periods for me to even rebuild up to where I was before the wars.

Although it should have been around sooner, White Peace is a relatively new concept that became mainstream as a reaction to extortive peace terms. Before Karma, alliances would still be able to get out early but would find themselves paying reps. The reps weren't small for that time even though they seem small now. GWIII was ended with GATO having to pay NPO $300 million and that was a record at that time. Now single nations and small alliances find themselves paying that for a rogue attack.

So if you want war, you need to let people have peace. Otherwise, you'll simply be fighting air.
[/quote]

Good post.

Made me think of two things which are kind of oposites.

First of all, I don't know if you're still an alliance leader or not, but if your tired of being chained into X war, why not make all treaties ODP or cancel all treaties and really only get involved in a conflict when you want and on which side you want? I'm not being sarcastic or snarky at all just thinking out loud about a CN that will never exist but would be cool to see. It would be neat but would never be implemented to have a rule that each alliance can only have X MA/DP treaties. Would make things less of a CF and you would see some interesting matchups possibly.

Second thing I thought of is how much fun it is to be the opressor. As short lived as that time was for me in \m/ from Feb 07 to disbandment, we were helping NPO curbstomp people for the hell of it and it was fun. So what I'm saying WWNPOD? If you have enough power falsify a CB and have some fun. I mean GPA got beat down somehow...beating down a neutral alliance would never fly in this holier than though age we live in today.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1316508550' post='2804428']
One could always try and decimate the grey team. They always seem to be plotting something. All silent and secret like. They are shifty eyed too..
[/quote]
This man is brilliant and we should all listen to him