Is it Ragnarok yet?

Pax ME

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1316806589' post='2806816']
Neither of you are complete villains ;)

That was my point.
[/quote]

Despite what she thinks, I don't think I've ever tried to paint DK as a vilain. As for my personnal image around here, I don't really care, to be honest.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1316800009' post='2806739']
Ya that's complete crap. Take it from someone who was on the receiving end of your "dove/utilitarian/pragmatic" behaviors. I'll never get sick of the tyrants of the past age roaming the streets of this world now as martyrs. It just saddens me that I don't see your amazingly moral and benevolent friend Slayer doing the same song and dance with you. Who knows, maybe he re-rolled and he is out there doing it. I'm just not caring and nurturing enough to track his re-rolls (should they exist) like he did mine.
[/quote]
I was never the tyrant, just the hitman, and I did many things during my time in NATO that I'm not proud of. Hitting IAA and GPA are two of them. I wasn't the brains behind these wars but I did the diplomatic work to make them happen. As for NoV/NoR, the CB was bs but TC and allies were looking for any excuse to hit them so it would have happened anyway. NoR/NoV has always been one of my least favorite alliances so I can't say I was sad to see them rolled.

And I personally paid $60 million in tech to GOD to get Kaiser Martens off EZI and also paid $15 million to get Elborrador off of TOP's PZI list.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1316809610' post='2806868']
People should stop running away from their history and instead embrace it or at the very least stop falling over themselves in an attempt to apologize for it.
[/quote]
Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it. There's nothing wrong with thinking about things you did in the past and acknowledging that, perhaps, you were a bit of a tool.

First, I'm going to say we won't see a more frequent war cycle until core game mechanics change. Right now, the game makes any war damaging enough that it sets nations behind a year or more of growth. When people come out of war, they want to rebuild their infra and warchest and get more tech before they feel comfortable enough to start looking for a good opportunity for war again. Depending on the duration of the war in question this can lead to a delay anywhere from 2 months to a year.

Then you consider the aid system makes it so any meaningful reparations take months to send even if the alliance in question has the financial capability to pay what is asked in a week, and you have reparations drawn out, and further prolongs that cycle.

Basically, the game right now basically forces alliances to wait months before wanting another attempt at war. Some alliances recover faster than others, but it takes two to tango. Until the game is overhauled in a dramatic way, don't expect it to change. We've had the same basic war cycle for the last 5 years (the first year was much faster paced because nations hadn't developed as much and most wars were more limited so bouncing back WAS much quicker). By this point, if you don't like it, either start petitioning admin hard for changes, or deal with it.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1316562659' post='2804860']
There will be a war as soon as MK, feel they should have another go at NPO/NpO.......... or someone else that might upset them.

One thing that is a known fact in this world, the weaker alliance's suck up to the power alliances and the ones in power will abuse such mindless following to their own will, NPO did it for years and now its the time of Mushroom Kingdom and just like NPO, MK are using the support of their allies to enforce their own will over the mindless following.

MK is the key. the masters of each door you go though, if that door is pain or pleasure

it will be the blood of MK allies that will be used in the writing on the wall, as NPO are a lot smarter then MK and their allies and already are rebuilding their power house to take over this world again, and you all see it with the treaty of TLR and NPO, the start is upon us.
[/quote]

I just had to quote this post in all its glory for prosperity. It is hilarious. On more levels than I care to count.

Can we skip the annoyance of someone mentionning how Seerow's AA has been responsible for atrocious wars [i]for no good reason[/i] as well as terrible and undeserved reps and his answer that he wasn't involved in the talks and that he actually suggested reps to be different albeit probably more crippling and go straight to someone actually talking about the point Seerow is making?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1316821625' post='2806990']
Can we skip the annoyance of someone mentionning how Seerow's AA has been responsible for atrocious wars [i]for no good reason[/i] as well as terrible and undeserved reps and his answer that he wasn't involved in the talks and that he actually suggested reps to be different albeit probably more crippling and go straight to someone actually talking about the point Seerow is making?
[/quote]

I'm not sure if I should be offended, amused, or thankful for this post.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1316816607' post='2806922']
I just had to quote this post in all its glory for prosperity. It is hilarious. On more levels than I care to count.
[/quote]

No please count, its going to be a hell of a lot more interesting then your blog will be (how many times did you mention you've been around a long time?) and you might help inspire the next event. As I recall you were good at being a prick.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1316838093' post='2807156']
No please count, its going to be a hell of a lot more interesting then your blog will be (how many times did you mention you've been around a long time?) and you might help inspire the next event. As I recall you were good at being a prick.
[/quote]

That is indeed one thing I've always been good at. Glad I'm so memorable to you. Yep, the blog was a lot of wind, isn't that what blogs are for, to type a lot of words that ultimately mean nothing? Or did I miss the memo somewhere that they were supposed to mean anything? Hrm, just checked it, I apparently did say that 3 times. I forgot the first time. Oh well. Old geezers will ramble, no?

As to my count, I'll let you take a guess at it. I'll give you a hint: Not one thing in timeline's post is factually correct.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1316809437' post='2806867']
And I personally paid $60 million in tech to GOD to get Kaiser Martens off EZI and also paid $15 million to get Elborrador off of TOP's PZI list.
[/quote]

TOP has never had a PZI list.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1317056385' post='2808948']
TOP has never had a PZI list.
[/quote]
It might have just been ZI sentence or simple reparations then. He thought he was quitting and rogued on Schattenman (who was in your alliance) then changed his mind. To get him cleared to join Zenith, I paid reparations for him to TOP.

In all honesty, that was three years ago, I honestly don't remember the amount or the specifics other than that I paid reps to TOP for him so I apologize for any inaccuracies.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1316809437' post='2806867']
I was never the tyrant, just the hitman
[/quote]
First you claimed to be a dove and now claim to have been a hitman. Strange how that changes so quickly once you get called on your fabrications. You may not have been pulling the strings but you certainly presented yourself as a tyrant of your sad little world. I don't care who you payed for. That does not give you the right to play some crying martyr now because when you were at the top of the foodchain, you bloodied your hands well and frequently. You are welcome to feel however you want about these things. Hell, I couldn't care less if you have remorse or not. But if you are going to spew forth absolute falsities, I'll be here to call you on them.

I see that Captain Flinders still lives in a black and white world entirely composed of heroes and villains, where the heroes are people who never did anything bad and the villains are everyone who ever did something bad.

The problem with living in that world is that when you apply that distinction to life you find you don't have any heroes, just villains.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317131954' post='2809634']
I see that Captain Flinders still lives in a black and white world entirely composed of heroes and villains, where the heroes are people who never did anything bad and the villains are everyone who ever did something bad.

The problem with living in that world is that when you apply that distinction to life you find you don't have any heroes, just villains.
[/quote]

I'm okay with this. Villains are more fun.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317131954' post='2809634']

[/quote]
Not exactly. I just don't buy it when a former villain, by their own admission, claims to now be a hero once their seat of power has been forced away from them. And neither should anyone else.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1317163530' post='2809896']
Not exactly. I just don't buy it when a former villain, by their own admission, claims to now be a hero once their seat of power has been forced away from them. And neither should anyone else.
[/quote]
Does this mean we should all be judging NoR on the basis of old wars on Commies and such?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317163649' post='2809897']
Does this mean we should all be judging NoR on the basis of old wars on Commies and such?
[/quote]
You can judge us based on whatever you want. You are free to do as you please. And be sure to remind me of this conversation the day NoR proclaims to be some kind of hero for the people. We have, and always will, exist to serve us, our allies, and our people. We don't claim moral high grounds nor attempt to maintain a hero/villain role. We are unashamedly us.

Edited by Captain Flinders

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1317200928' post='2810169']
You can judge us based on whatever you want. You are free to do as you please. And be sure to remind me of this conversation the day NoR proclaims to be some kind of hero for the people. We have, and always will, exist to serve us, our allies, and our people. We don't claim moral high grounds nor attempt to maintain a hero/villain role. We are unashamedly us.
[/quote]
Fair enough, but I don't think DK is exactly trying to portray herself as a hero. Trying to lessen her personal responsibility and argue that she did good and bad things, sure, but that's not what you've been arguing. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to score points off NoR, I actually generally like you guys, but when that fight is so long over it seems like it's time to drop the hyperbolic demonization that helped you win it.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317202704' post='2810174']
Fair enough, but I don't think DK is exactly trying to portray herself as a hero. Trying to lessen her personal responsibility and argue that she did good and bad things, sure, but that's not what you've been arguing. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to score points off NoR, I actually generally like you guys, but when that fight is so long over it seems like it's time to drop the hyperbolic demonization that helped you win it.
[/quote]
I get where you're coming from. We got somewhat sidetracked as to what I was originally disputing which was the claim of DK having always been a "dove". A correction she later agreed with I suppose. So, ummmmmm, yay?

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1317163530' post='2809896']
[/quote]
You're illustrating my point.

DK's not claiming to be a hero, she's claiming to be a person who did some good at some times. You however have categorized her as a villain, therefore everything she ever did was horrible.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317163649' post='2809897']
[/quote]
But of course!

Also NoV's eternal war against LSF was obviously [i]completely[/i] justified. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317340783' post='2812222']
DK's not claiming to be a hero, she's claiming to be a person who did some good at some times. You however have categorized her as a villain, therefore everything she ever did was horrible.[/quote]
She claimed to be a dove. Her word, not mine. This would imply a peaceful nature. Perhaps not a hero (as I was simplifying things), but it was inaccurate all the same.

[quote]Also NoV's eternal war against LSF was obviously [i]completely[/i] justified. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
That is very debatable. Unless you were privy to all the events before and during that conflict, you don't really have the relevant information to judge us on that war.