Ordo Paradoxia Creation

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1315330837' post='2795884']
I actually seem to recall that most situations with similar levels of "dislike" involved between alliances usually involved official condemnation and backroom high-fives, all the way back to 2006.
[/quote]
Maybe that was because your alliance would literally curbstomp anyone that voiced any kind of opposition. I'm glad people can at least be honest with their support.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1315328890' post='2795877']
Those who have here condemned roguery might instead consider that these attacks occurred as the result of loss of patience and boredom with the agonizing deadlock of the Cyberverse. Individuals who disliked GOD, despairing of the possibility of any meaningful war, took matters into their own hands.[/quote]

This strikes me as ironic, considering he left TOP.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1315328890' post='2795877']Whereas roguery was years ago treated with disgust by target and former alliance alike, now it is understandable.[/quote]

Really? Why?

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1315328890' post='2795877']And those who would decry it would do well to look to their own alliances` actions in considering why current affairs are so boring[/quote]

What is and is not "boring" is a matter of opinion.

I think war that goes on and on and on followed by terms meant to cripple the side that gives up first is boring. Peace is just, well - it's easy. War on the other hand requires constant attention.

I prefer fast and furious war, basic peace terms (it's nice to have one side admit that they got bested by the other and agree to stay out of the bigger "sides" until the end) and moderate time in between. That would probably cut down on these types of incidents.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1315328890' post='2795877']Will YOUR alliances take action to reduce the strangling deadlock so markedly in existence? I doubt it.
[/quote]

Will yours?

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1315338260' post='2795917']
Will yours?
[/quote]
Ours did. We're not the ones cockblocking the entire Cyberverse with dozens of treaties overlapping three or four blocs. We have been in that position in the past, however. When the inevitable war comes, it isn't a pretty position.

(Not meant towards you or your AA.)

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

I highly recommend each powercluster of alliances to begin to "seal off their borders". Tell those on the fringes of your web, you're either with us or you're against us. Give them a set date to cut ties with those outside the designated list of allies or be cut off themselves. How many "teams" would that make? 5? 6?

Those refusing to commit to any one metablock would be torn asunder, feed stock for the others.

That would clear up the web quick.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1315339232' post='2795920']
[b]Ours did. We're not the ones cockblocking the entire Cyberverse with dozens of treaties overlapping three or four blocs.[/b] We have been in that position in the past, however. When the inevitable war comes, it isn't a pretty position.
[/quote]

Strange you say that when i can see listed 13 alliances you have a treaty with which all have defence clauses which connect you to 2-4? different blocs... So by your own statement TOP is cockblocking the world too :mellow:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1315355025' post='2796028']
Strange you say that when i can see listed 13 alliances you have a treaty with which all have defence clauses which connect you to 2-4? different blocs... So by your own statement TOP is cockblocking the world too :mellow:
[/quote]

Did you put in any thought whatsoever before writing this?

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1315355547' post='2796035']
Did you put in any thought whatsoever before writing this?
[/quote]

Yes i did and through looking and counting treaty ties confirmed you're treaty whores like most of the world powers, so found it amusing someone from one of those alliances complaining about stagnation towards people who also have lots of treaties.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1315348554' post='2795984']
Nothing that you have said can be classified as humor in the slightest. So I don't know where a sense of humor would come into play.
[/quote]
Are you the best straight man I have ever met here?

Perhaps the answer is yes. :awesome:

(For the sense of humour impaired among you, there is a concept called "razzing" out there. Look it up.)

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1315344979' post='2795964']
I highly recommend each powercluster of alliances to begin to "seal off their borders". Tell those on the fringes of your web, you're either with us or you're against us. Give them a set date to cut ties with those outside the designated list of allies or be cut off themselves. How many "teams" would that make? 5? 6?

Those refusing to commit to any one metablock would be torn asunder, feed stock for the others.

That would clear up the web quick.
[/quote]

Capital idea.

Those who have here condemned roguery might instead consider that these attacks occurred as the result of loss of patience and boredom with the agonizing deadlock of the Cyberverse. Individuals who disliked GOD, despairing of the possibility of any meaningful war, took matters into their own hands.

[b]Whereas roguery was years ago treated with disgust by target and former alliance alike,[/b] now it is understandable. And those who would decry it would do well to look to their own alliances` actions in considering why current affairs are so boring as to drive longtime players to take their own individual initiative in this manner. Will YOUR alliances take action to reduce the strangling deadlock so markedly in existence? I doubt it.
[/quote]
As someone else pointed out, that public disgust was at least partially a self-defense mechanism to avoid the attention of the powers that be - a hegemony that would've qualified as strangling deadlock if not for the random alliance assassinations.

Interestingly, you were busy gleefully defending and assisting that strangling power structure.

Edited by Arcturus Jefferson

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1315362296' post='2796104']
The answer is no. He isn't.
[/quote]

I'd turn for Chax. Fact.

Also, I have no idea what your post means Haf. But even if what you were doing was your attempt at "razzing" it doesn't make it funny. It was a pitiful attempt at humor. If that's what you were truly trying to do, I feel bad for you. You'll be in the prayers of all the people of the Musik Mafia.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1315355875' post='2796036']
Yes i did and through looking and counting treaty ties confirmed you're treaty whores like most of the world powers, so found it amusing someone from one of those alliances complaining about stagnation towards people who also have lots of treaties.
[/quote]

You're not very smart

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1315355875' post='2796036']
[/quote]

Please try again, because this is just fail.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1315339232' post='2795920']
Ours did. We're not the ones cockblocking the entire Cyberverse with dozens of treaties overlapping three or four blocs. We have been in that position in the past, however. When the inevitable war comes, it isn't a pretty position.

(Not meant towards you or your AA.)
[/quote]
>join up with the leading hegemonic superpowers
>claim to be "helping the situation"

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1315374204' post='2796186']
>join up with the leading hegemonic superpowers
>claim to be "helping the situation"
[/quote]

You've got us. The Gramlins, OMFG, BN and Argent are definitely the leading hegomonic superpowers.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1315374743' post='2796189']
You've got us. The Gramlins, OMFG, BN and Argent are definitely the leading hegomonic superpowers.
[/quote]

I've been trying to tell people that for ages; glad we have a convert, though I wish that it was someone other than HoT.

Whereas roguery was years ago treated with disgust by target and former alliance alike, now it is understandable. And those who would decry it would do well to look to their own alliances` actions in considering why current affairs are so boring as to drive longtime players to take their own individual initiative in this manner. Will YOUR alliances take action to reduce the strangling deadlock so markedly in existence? I doubt it.
[/quote]
This is incredibly rich in the irony department.

a. that you would now support "roguery" :rolleyes:

but mostly...

b. that YOU of all people would preach about alliances being too scared to make any meaningful moves in the game and creating boredom. TOP under your direction is the definition of inaction, always sitting on the fence until the last moment and picking off the scraps.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1315374743' post='2796189']
[/quote]

I for one embrace our Argent overlords.

(It's about time Janax.)

Edited by IYIyTh