Ragnarok declaration of war

Tautology

Since VE was so adamant about going to war with RoK's direct treaty partner over something they had never been all that concerned about in the past when they themselves did it (OV situation, Bobby J vs \m/), I can't blame RoK for taking this stand.

VE probably should have just went after Polaris themselves instead of bringing in Poison Clan and iFOK if they felt such a pressing need for vengeance about screen shots/spying all of a sudden. That way RoK could have stayed neutral. But asking them to ignore a MD partner of long standing and side with the ally of an ally was probably never going to play that well.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295507028' post='2585776']
To be fair, the rumor comes from RoK gov.
[/quote]

Who according to rumor, didn't tell us they were attacking, or, weren't going to honor anything, or were going to declare on the other side, who supposedly didnt tell you anything, or, or, or... really it's stupid.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295506132' post='2585735']
Hate us on all you want, but you can't possible believe we were stupid enough to declare on an allies treaty partner without clearing it when them first?

RoK was ok with this, then changed their mind after we rolled. They ....

Holy !@#$. It just hit me. Rok just quite literally pulled the same stunt on us that Polar did to TOP and IRON.
[/quote]
To be fair, RoK didn't declare on you, and RoK isn't the alliance VE needs on its side to win the war.

Edited by General Scipio

Holy !@#$. It just hit me. Rok just quite literally pulled the same stunt on us that Polar did to TOP and IRON.
[/quote]

I am not exactly what is your problem with RoK taking lessons from Polar when in all this CB crap you seemed to take them from Pacifica :P

[quote name='Midkn1ght' timestamp='1295506961' post='2585772']Really? Is that all it takes to start a stupid rumor is one quick bs cast off statement? No wonder we usually avoid this place, good lord. Bunch of bitter people in this thread.[/quote]
As Hoo has pointed out, the 'quick bs cast off statement' was from RoK gov (who would know). In addition, I did say "[b]if[/b] this is true":
[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295505939' post='2585719']Oh wow. If this is true... poor form GOD/RnR.[/quote]

The way VE's talking in here, you'd think that Rok had declared on them personally. You can be disappointed all you want, but would you kindly lay off? You're not making yourselves look good by doing it, and you're (frankly) arguing idiotic points. Rok has a treaty with NpO, and they honoured it. I'm kinda disappointed in you tonight, VE. That said, this thread is supposed to be about Rok vs. PC, so I'll go ahead and congratulate Rok on their entry into this war.

Have fun Rok! We'll get together once this mess all gets sorted out, and swap stories about how we crushed our foes beneath our feet.

o/ Rok.

[quote name='Aloop' timestamp='1295507610' post='2585806']
The way VE's talking in here, you'd think that Rok had declared on them personally. You can be disappointed all you want, but would you kindly lay off? You're not making yourselves look good by doing it, and you're (frankly) arguing idiotic points. Rok has a treaty with NpO, and they honoured it. I'm kinda disappointed in you tonight, VE[/quote]

I wouldn't expect any less from them .. They've toted enough times how they've had to declare wars they didn't want to. Sucks when they're on the downside of such a decision.

[/quote]

>declare war on Polaris
>act surprised when Polaris' allies respond

[img]http://myfacewhen.com/images/88.jpg[/img]

Hate us on all you want, but you can't possible believe we were stupid enough to declare on an allies treaty partner without clearing it when them first?

RoK was ok with this, then changed their mind after we rolled. They ....

[/quote]

That's not how this happened and you damn well know that.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295507560' post='2585803']
As Hoo has pointed out, the 'quick bs cast off statement' was from RoK gov (who would know). In addition, I did say "[b]if[/b] this is true":
[/quote]

Yeah but now it's been mentioned in IRC, it's been mentioned in our DoW thread, I've gotten asked about it in a few other conversations I have going, wasn't just talking about your post, or the few after it. Pay attention to what Delta's been saying and just wait, you'll see.

[quote name='Aloop' timestamp='1295507610' post='2585806']
Have fun Rok! We'll get together once this mess all gets sorted out, and swap stories about how we crushed our foes beneath our feet.
[/quote]
Unfortunately, given RoK's opposition that exchange is going to be quite one-sided.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1295507794' post='2585813']
>declare war on Polaris
>act surprised when Polaris' allies respond

[img]http://myfacewhen.com/images/88.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
He's referring to the fact that RoK okay'd the war in the same way that NpO okay'd the attack on CnG. wow you're dense.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295505017' post='2585656']
It wasn't a couple of unauthorized wars, it was their second in command managing a spy on us, there really isn't much to discuss, unless Polar wanted to open with a 500k tech offer.

Also, Polar is an ally of Rok in name only, they've never supported Rok, and have frequently brought harm to Rok's allies. These are not actions that gain one leniency when they do it yet again.
[/quote]

Hahaha, yeah he orchestrated a massive spy ring. You can't say this after Lennox posted a thread admitting he played Dajobo to create this war.

Bottom line: VE declared on an MDP partner of RoK. Don't get upset when RoK does the same to VE.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1295507996' post='2585822']
Unfortunately, given RoK's opposition that exchange is going to be quite one-sided.
[/quote]
Entirely possible. I suppose we'll have to settle for swapping manly stories about how we got our battle scars. :P

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295505083' post='2585658']
Wait, you think VE literally never talked to RoK about this beforehand xfd.
[/quote]

Seeing as how VE is completely surprised by this decision, I think it is safe to assume they didn't have any decent communication in regards to this war.