Ragnarok declaration of war

Tautology

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1295509966' post='2585901']
We're not crying. We're just disappointed. Disappointed that RoK would choose the instigator of this conflict and an alliance that has not only not defended them in the past, but actively screwed them over in the past, over us. Even if RoK DID think that we acted harshly by declaring war.

In the end, Polar instigated this, we responded, and RoK supported the instigators. That's pretty disappointing considering who they are and our history with RoK.

Of course there's more to it than that... we haven't always been the best of allies to RoK, i.e. the \m/ spying case... I'm sure all of that factored into RoK's decision as well.

But in the end, we feel our record with RoK speaks for itself, and that Polar's record with RoK also speaks for itself.
[/quote]

What should Rok have done? Prioritize treaties?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1295510064' post='2585902']
What should Rok have done? Prioritize treaties?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]That's what some would have done. But not RoK. Considering how long VE has been allied with RoK, I honestly have no explanation for the shock they seem to be experiencing at RoK defending an ally.[/color]

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1295509966' post='2585901']
Disappointed that RoK would choose the instigator of this conflict
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97316&st=0&p=2582729&hl=lennox&fromsearch=1&#entry2582729"]i believe lennox was actually the instigator[/url]. though ive been wrong before..

You people are reading too much into this. One treaty partner attacked another one of our treaty partners, and that's fine. However there are two other alliances that attacked our allies, and that isn't fine. See how simple it is?

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1295510739' post='2585924']
Except if your preference had been clearer, it wouldn't have been an issue.
[/quote]

I'm sorry but all anyone had to do was ask. I would have told you on the spot.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1295510982' post='2585930']
I have a hard time believing that nobody would ask RoK about their preference in a war between two of their allies.
[/quote]

I can't speak for Taut, but I was the only other RC member on IRC constantly for the last 3 days. I was asked plenty of times but not by anyone here who is saying we made it unclear.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1295511086' post='2585934']
I can't speak for Taut, but I was the only other RC member on IRC constantly for the last 3 days. I was asked plenty of times but not by anyone here who is saying we made it unclear.
[/quote]

I believe the point they are trying to make is that someone gave VE and company the impression that RoK was not going to enter ... and have now decided to. If that is the case, then that is indeed a pretty crappy thing to do.

Edited by Van Hoo III

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295508443' post='2585835']
[color="#0000FF"]SF did not even exist as a bloc yet in the first two of those, and in the last one CSN had not yet joined SF. You're silly, Typo.[/color]
[/quote]

I already addressed that specifically, Polar has been shooting at SuperFriends alliances since before there was a SuperFriends.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295511497' post='2585943']
I already addressed that specifically, Polar has been shooting at SuperFriends alliances since before there was a SuperFriends.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Polar was never aiming for those alliances. Only in your fantasy. At the time the future SF alliances were fringe groups on the League/Aegis/whatever side. They were not important enough to be in Polar's sights, even though in some of those wars Polar was not even the main push behind. Bah....Why am I even arguing with you? If you're reaching that far back you're really grasping.[/color]

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295511497' post='2585943']
[/quote]

That makes as much sense as saying NPO ruined the game of cybernations before there was even a cybernations.

-omfg

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1295510699' post='2585922']
You people are reading too much into this. One treaty partner attacked another one of our treaty partners, and that's fine. However there are two other alliances that attacked our allies, and that isn't fine. See how simple it is?
[/quote]

You are probably wasting your time. OK, not probably, are. The baying mob does not want to interest itself in logic and fact. It is tribal.

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1295511865' post='2585949']
That makes as much sense as saying NPO ruined the game of cybernations before there was even a cybernations.

-omfg
[/quote]

Not really, since the alliances that make up SF now (and in the past) existed before the SuperFriends bloc did.

Its kind of impressive actually, that's years of consistent foreign policy.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295512084' post='2585956']
Not really, since the alliances that make up SF now (and in the past) existed before the SuperFriends bloc did.

[/quote]

Seriously, have a nice cup of tea and a lie down.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295512084' post='2585956']

[/quote]

Are you now like, the Custodian of SF internal affairs and relations?

I'm pretty sure what SF will decide what to do as a bloc on their own..

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295511322' post='2585941']
I believe the point they are trying to make is that someone gave VE and company the impression that RoK was not going to enter ... and have now decided to. If that is the case, then that is indeed a pretty crappy thing to do.
[/quote]You yourself were going up and down making this implication just yesterday, and it is in fact allegedly the reason you are on the AA you are on right now. And you being who you are, I assume you have your sources.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1295512470' post='2585964']
You yourself were going up and down making this implication just yesterday, and it is in fact allegedly the reason you are on the AA you are on right now. And you being who you are, I assume you have your sources.
[/quote]

You are a smart individual.

And no, I am not being sarcastic. :)