Ragnarok declaration of war

Tautology

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295589042' post='2588459']
That would be despite your deep love and admiration for the New Sith Order, right?

Give me a break. You guys were there because you wanted to be.

You know that he's former senior SF government, right?

MK's declaring early in March.
[/quote]

Yes. From more than two years ago. and I'm former SF government too also from 2 years ago. So is m1dknight. Point?

I'm pretty sure i know more about the insides of my bloc than hal does, you know, since i'm still IN SF but please, elaborate on Hal knows more about my bloc than I do.

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1295559825' post='2587194']
Your post has so many things wrong with it, i don't even know where to begin. I know you're used it it, being in the ex-hegemony and whatnot, but its actually possible to have a bloc without a bloc leader. Xiph doesn't hate NpO, he's been doing them favors for months to stop them from being rolled. GOD hasn't been close to PB, we just cut our GOONS treaty a couple weeks ago in a spectacularly public fashion. YOU KNOW THIS. You were calling Xiph a stubborn hothead in the thread. Rok told us that they would be assisting NpO, and we understood. Are we happy about it? Not particularly. I like Rok a lot and I would have gone neutral had I been in their positions.But we're not of side mind and body, we're friends. Lastly, I'll be you 100 tech that SF won't die after this.
[/quote]

Had you suffered Xiph asking if Rok had canceled on TPF every single day I showed up in his secret IRC channel, you wouldn't so much call him a 'hothead' as a 'nag'. That is however ancient history.

Some further words for your benefit...

I'm not "ex-hegemony". I am Valhallan. "ex-hegemony" is a propaganda designation for a group of alliances that fought a war. Stop using it, it's 2011, not 2009. It makes you look like a child that can't get over an abusive 2nd grade teacher.

GOD has, whatever diplomatic moves it recently made, remained consistent in the battles it picks, both literal and figurative, since the BiPolar War--its government and membership out on these forums supporting PB alliances and their allies. Even now you are on the wrong side of an aggressive war in their camp.

There was a time that SF rode as one. Your rationalizations for why SF isn't now are merely further proof that SF is not a united bloc. Indeed, Ragnarok should have exited when Fark did and I look forward to hearing to story as to why they did not. Keeping the bloc together would be a charade, worse a farce.

Given everything that is now public about this war, Ragnarok would bring best be served by severing its ties with you ASAP. Whether they do so is their call, but that is my counsel.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1295720857' post='2592143']
I'm current SF government and I think he's got the analytical skills of a door.
[/quote]

That's too bad. Once upon a time I had great respect for you and thought of you as a friend. Now I shall kick the sands from my shoes and exit your town. Good day.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1295725339' post='2592231']
That's too bad. Once upon a time I had great respect for you and thought of you as a friend. Now I shall kick the sands from my shoes and exit your town. Good day.
[/quote]
So did I. Then you jumped ship and never passed up an opportunity to take snipes and bash the politics of everyone over here. I stopped caring at that point.

Edit: Actually, no, I'm going to expand on this. I have plenty of friends that I have been on opposite sides of on the political spectrum. I've had friends in positions where we've gone back and forth on whether we're on the same side. I've had friends who dislike some of my other friends. I can accept that because, ultimately, that stuff is all secondary.

What I have not had is someone who takes the level of trust that I give to people in SF government, and then upon switching sides, uses that trust to taunt us and portray himself as someone with inside knowledge so that he can constantly bash us and act like it's credible, objective analysis. By saying I think you have the analytical skills of a door, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you actually believe the things you say rather than just lying in order to take snipes at people who trusted you.

Edited by Delta1212

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1295725339' post='2592231']
[/quote]

You're prattling on despite having no idea at all what in the [i]world[/i] you're taking about... and when someone calls you out on this you get all huffy?

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1295678549' post='2591409']
Yes. From more than two years ago. and I'm former SF government too also from 2 years ago. So is m1dknight. Point?
[/quote]
Yes, but you called him ex-hegemony. A better description of Hal, given that the phrase ex-Hegemony refers to the Karma War two years ago, is "Guy who was senior SF government until just a few months before the war in which ex-Hegemony got created as a name."

[quote name='Midkn1ght' timestamp='1295581117' post='2587675']
What did you want, us to roll in for Polar through the MDAP voting in SF and ignored all the others? Including one we have from literally days old, from well before RoK even existed, to do what? Back RoK in defending an ally of theirs that had a great deal of assistance in stepping in it? For someone who's so huge on the ethics and importance of treaties Hoo, I don't get your bitterness in SF not rolling out to hit back at PB for rolling an ally of yours and yours alone. Regardless of how nice we've been with Polar lately, regardless of what the peanut galleries think, we don't have a MDP with them. You say "some alliances will be defending RoK" Isn't that more then you could have hoped for considering chaining? You're the one going against the grain to defend an ally on the totally opposite side of the spectrum, and that's one of the reasons why we love you, but some of SF will also be putting our butts on the line so you, and again, only you, can live up to your whole "to hell and back" fixation you have with Polar. To keep reading you slamming us in particular is very hurtful man, and not like you at all. Your one tie doesnt hold everyone else hostage, no matter how tight we are, it doesn't work like that.[/quote]
It would of been nice if you guys were willing to pick a side and do that for RoK, considering RoK is fighting this war with an objective beyond preserving their infrastructure. Its not very helpful for their objective of helping NpO when you guys declare war on other alliances trying to do the same thing as RoK was by declaring war here.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1295725911' post='2592243']
You're prattling on despite having no idea at all what in the [i]world[/i] you're taking about... and when someone calls you out on this you get all huffy?
[/quote]

Right, I should let personal insult and over generalization go as though it didn't happen.

Your "side" insisted I was "prattling on" and lying in my analysis no matter what, accurate or inaccurate (and I've been right far more than wrong), since I left Ragnarok. What's more, I have at times complimented individual SF alliances when it was well deserved--even during the Karma War and since. This also gets forgotten in favor of remembering only the times I've called individual alliances to task over the long haul.

Enough. You do what you have to do and when I'm right yet again, don't expect an "I told you so." It is simply no longer worth the effort to type the words.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1295823625' post='2594687']
Your "side" insisted I was "prattling on" and lying in my analysis no matter what, accurate or inaccurate (and I've been right far more than wrong), since I left Ragnarok.
[/quote]

And When did you leave ragnarok, exactly?

Many of the arguments made in this thread make as much sense as a teddy bear on a conveyor belt on fire (in other words, completely irrelevant to [i]what actually happened[/i] and [i]how it led to the current state of affairs[/i]). RoK and RIA must do what they must, and I personally have no animosity toward them. What do I feel quite peeved about? VE's blatant attempt to incite war at a moment's notice, all the while SF! knew that RoK's treaty with NpO would become a nuisance in the long run should Polar be considered "on the other side of the spectrum". And here we have it: [i]that very !@#$@#$ nuisance that was avoided like the plague for the longest time[/i].

But anyone with foresight could have seen the scenario happening, so it does make me question RoK's actual intentions for the bloc as a whole; I don't like seeing my alliance, CSN, purposely tugged back and forth between the two major conflicting parties and obviously we are at an impasse. RoK is on one side, RIA is on both, and the rest of the bloc is on the other side.

So really, you [i]all[/i] should be thanking SF! for, essentially, dividing itself and lending itself to the total purging of both sides.

:v:

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1295847549' post='2595687']
Maybe a couple of months or a month and a half before the TORN DoW on OV, iirc.
[/quote]

Feb. 25th, 2009 more or less. I maintained contact with a few members of Rok up until late March and of course still had contacts elsewhere.

It is also notable that my departure was over [i]internal[/i] matters, not anything to do with the pending conflict at the time (indeed it was presumed within Rok that at some point Q would attempt to roll Ragnarok and perhaps SF with it) or any sort of love for NPO. As I have stated long ago, I've come to a place with Pacifica where I neither love or hate them, but knowing what they were capable of, tried to at least be civil--occasionally these days I even manage it....

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1295725495' post='2592234']
So did I. Then you jumped ship and never passed up an opportunity to take snipes and bash the politics of everyone over here. I stopped caring at that point.

Edit: Actually, no, I'm going to expand on this. I have plenty of friends that I have been on opposite sides of on the political spectrum. I've had friends in positions where we've gone back and forth on whether we're on the same side. I've had friends who dislike some of my other friends. I can accept that because, ultimately, that stuff is all secondary.

What I have not had is someone who takes the level of trust that I give to people in SF government, and then upon switching sides, uses that trust to taunt us and portray himself as someone with inside knowledge so that he can constantly bash us and act like it's credible, objective analysis. By saying I think you have the analytical skills of a door, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you actually believe the things you say rather than just lying in order to take snipes at people who trusted you.
[/quote]
This is a better CB than anything VE had.

[quote name='Bonardo88' timestamp='1296190919' post='2606782']
As your ex-opponent i know you will do well and roll them :smug:

GL Rok :wub:
[/quote]

Thanks mate everyone at RoK i talk to still rate NEW as one of our toughest opponents yet... you guys certainly have our respect as well. :wub:

I'm personally glad you guys no longer have that MDoAP with Poison Clan... hell you never know this time round we may even end up on the same side!!!