Ragnarok declaration of war

Tautology

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1295504244' post='2585583']
You realize that's what VE did to start the war right?
[/quote]
What VE did was declare in response to being spied upon. What Ragnarok is doing is directly opposing their MADP bloc and fighting in opposition to them, and attacking a treaty partner of a treaty partner. They're now on the other side of all their previous allies. Superfriends is moving in one direction, and they're moving against that. And had R&R not moved earlier, Ragnarok would've certainly tried to force Superfriends in this direction along with them, and make them attack their own allies as well. I don't really think it's the same thing.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1295504187' post='2585578']
Sharpening your Knife for RoK Grub.

God speed RoK im truly sorry to see this but applaud you for sticking by your word.
[/quote]

Their word was a pledge to stay neutral since they had conflicting treaties. A pledge you just saw them break.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1295504360' post='2585593']
You realize Polar did that multiple times last war, right?
[/quote]
You realized you legitimately spied on \m/(a RoK MDoAP partner) a few months ago and treated them like !@#$ whenever they tried to talk with you? Yes, I know we attacked \m/, but you already mentioned that. Doesn't excuse you

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1295504486' post='2585608']
This part here can be said for any alliance allied to Polar. Think about it when was the last time they stuck their neck out for anyone not just Rok? I can't ever think of a time when they joined a war that wasn't forced upon them or they didn't have any real solid opposition. Yet for some reason they get alliances like STA, IAA, Rok, and plenty of other alliances to go out and jump in front of a train for them despite never doing the same for them nor ever budging in their stance to help their allies. The more Polar pushes the knife into the back of theses alliances the more they cling to Polar. :wacko:
[/quote]

That, or Polar is a bit more honorable than you might think. Regardless of what you might think, her allies seem to think so. I guess at the end of the day, that's a lot more important.

[quote name='Midkn1ght' timestamp='1295504497' post='2585609']
Maybe the others are doing it, but if you see GOD doing it, send them my way so I can smack them. RoK is handling it's business, we're friends, not dictators of each other's alliance.

C'mon you up and leave more often then seasons ;) I dunno man, what I've been told is it was always 75% towards declaring. I'm sure you're tighter with those folks then I'll ever be, but I never heard anything that said they weren't for sure. Make sure you send them beers, cause the amount of crying they're going to cause in other circles is going to be legendary.

I do have to echo Typo though Hoo, why in the world are you so attached to them? They've never sided with us, and spent years trying to get GOD killed. I've never understood your love fair with them. Sure we've buried the hatchet and were trying to give them a hand, but you've always been a loyal ally to them when you could be.
[/quote]

We have a MDoAP, that creates a certain level of attachment.

Also, and I am far too lazy to go back and find the quote, but \m/ versus Polar was not the same situation. RoK had a MDoAP with both alliances and couldn't exactly attack one of them. RoK has no treaty with PC.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295504626' post='2585627']
What VE did was declare in response to being spied upon. What Ragnarok is doing is directly opposing their MADP bloc and fighting in opposition to them, and attacking a treaty partner of a treaty partner. They're now on the other side of all their previous allies. Superfriends is moving in one direction, and they're moving against that. And had R&R not moved earlier, Ragnarok would've certainly tried to force Superfriends in this direction along with them, and make them attack their own allies as well. I don't really think it's the same thing.
[/quote]
All of that is void when you consider that they have to vote for the MADP to be completely mandatory and that nobody has actually activated SF. GOD kinda did, I suppose though.

Besides, had Rok moved earlier and completely disregarded their allies, they would have been in before R&R anyway. Maybe they just tried talking before moving out?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295504626' post='2585627']
[/quote]

So instead of talking to RoK, a mutual ally and trying to get this sorted out, VE declared on an MDP partner of RoK. It doesn't matter which way you spin it, VE was FORCED to start this war by declaring on an MDP partner of one of their allies. RoK, however, is bound by treaties to defend Polar.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1295504690' post='2585633']
You realized you legitimately spied on \m/(a RoK MDoAP partner) a few months ago and treated them like !@#$ whenever they tried to talk with you? Yes, I know we attacked \m/, but you already mentioned that. Doesn't excuse you
[/quote]

You realized that I have stated, and will again, that \m/ had a legitimate CB that they could have used, right? I told Bob Janova that it was stupid and I've held the position that how Impero dealt with Caliph was wrong. But thank you for speaking for me.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295504670' post='2585631']
Their word was a pledge to stay neutral since they had conflicting treaties. A pledge you just saw them break.
[/quote]

Again, you have no idea what we're thinking. Unless that crystal ball says stfu; it's wrong

Pledge? What pledge?

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1295504906' post='2585649']
So instead of talking to RoK, a mutual ally and trying to get this sorted out, VE declared on an MDP partner of RoK. It doesn't matter which way you spin it, VE was FORCED to start this war by declaring on an MDP partner of one of their allies. RoK, however, is bound by treaties to defend Polar.
[/quote]

It wasn't a couple of unauthorized wars, it was their second in command managing a spy on us, there really isn't much to discuss, unless Polar wanted to open with a 500k tech offer.

Also, Polar is an ally of Rok in name only, they've never supported Rok, and have frequently brought harm to Rok's allies. These are not actions that gain one leniency when they do it yet again.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1295504933' post='2585650']
You realized that I have stated, and will again, that \m/ had a legitimate CB that they could have used, right? I told Bob Janova that it was stupid and I've held the position that how Impero dealt with Caliph was wrong. But thank you for speaking for me.
[/quote]
So it's pretty much 1 for Polar and 2 for VE then?

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1295504906' post='2585649']
[/quote]
Wait, you think VE literally never talked to RoK about this beforehand xfd.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295505017' post='2585656']
It wasn't a couple of unauthorized wars, it was their second in command managing a spy on us, there really isn't much to discuss, unless Polar wanted to open with a 500k tech offer.

Also, Polar is an ally of Rok in name only, they've never supported Rok, and have frequently brought harm to Rok's allies. These are not actions that gain one leniency when they do it yet again.
[/quote]
VE, on the other hand, has been treating RoK with [i]utmost respect[/i] since VE got its shiny new friends.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1295504694' post='2585634']
That, or Polar is a bit more honorable than you might think. Regardless of what you might think, her allies seem to think so. I guess at the end of the day, that's a lot more important.
[/quote]

Yeah well your allies show it again and again in public. I've never seen Polar do that even once. Actions speak louder than words but with how your allies throw themselves as a shield in front of you despite the lack of action or support from NpO ever I'd have to say that you guys should have won best diplomatic team for 2010 in the CN Awards because they are doing great work pulling the wool over your allies eyes.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295505017' post='2585656']
[/quote]

Your exaggerations only dupe those who share your alternative motives.

But yes..it might take 500k to sow VE's rear because man did RoK just rip it a new one.