Ragnarok declaration of war

Tautology

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295503603' post='2585507']
Way to jump the opposite direction as your other already engaged bloc partners and allies Rok, I see you've been taking lessons from Polar on how to run a war.

Speaking of polar, lets do a little bit of history on this alliance that you have such an obcession for you are willing to betray your bloc and some old old allies for.

The following is a list of wars that involved Super Friends and Polar where Polar was on the opposite side, and in some cases even directly attacking Super Friends.

The following is a list of wars Where Polar has sided with SuperFriends.

That's right, its blank. These are the people you choose to piss away years of relationship for? These are the people you want to fight for? So be it, you've chosen your side.
[/quote]

I have to ask....... u mad?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to jump the opposite direction as your other already engaged bloc partners and allies Rok, I see you've been taking lessons from Polar on how to run a war.

Speaking of polar, lets do a little bit of history on this alliance that you have such an obcession for you are willing to betray your bloc and some old old allies for.

The following is a list of wars that involved Super Friends and Polar where Polar was on the opposite side, and in some cases even directly attacking Super Friends.

That's right, its blank. These are the people you choose to piss away years of relationship for? These are the people you want to fight for? So be it, you've chosen your side.
[/quote]
So, even though they held a direct treaty with them (which they cancelled and then re-signed btw), this is bad because they're fighting on the other side?

Gee, I sure hope you guys come to NpO's aid soon.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1295503706' post='2585524']
Well. I can't pretend that I'm not disappointed by this. RoK are one of my favorite alliances, true straight-shooters. That's an increasingly rare trait, and I respect them for it, and clearly that contributed to this decision.

That said, regardless of the circumstance, what confuses me is the amounts of time in history that you guys have just bent over backwards for Polaris. This reflects greatly on you and your moral fiber. But when has NpO reciprocated? When have they thrown away their position in the name of their friendship with you?

I can't think of a single instance. This isn't a mutual thing you have going on here, it's parasitic. NpO is using you, and my only regret is that you never realized it until it was too late. Have fun out there.
[/quote]

I do agree with this.

Well. I can't pretend that I'm not disappointed by this. RoK are one of my favorite alliances, true straight-shooters. That's an increasingly rare trait, and I respect them for it, and clearly that contributed to this decision.

That said, regardless of the circumstance, what confuses me is the amounts of time in history that you guys have just bent over backwards for Polaris. This reflects greatly on you and your moral fiber. But when has NpO reciprocated? When have they thrown away their position in the name of their friendship with you?

I can't think of a single instance. This isn't a mutual thing you have going on here, it's parasitic. NpO is using you, and my only regret is that you never realized it until it was too late. Have fun out there.
[/quote]

GOONS discussing parasitic behaviour... Classy.

Yet another alliance assisted by Polaris against the cries of derision from the peanut gallery that turns on those who helped. Parasite is a good term really.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1295502512' post='2585362']
I hope CSN and RIA are with RoK on this. Would be EPIC.
[/quote]

You're the kind of kid who asks for a million dollars or to own the whole toy store for Christmas, aren't ya? :P

Good luck RoK...

In this thread, Ragnarok turns its back on all of its allies and its bloc in order to support Polaris, up to and including attacking allies of allies. Really I can't even begin to imagine attacking my treaty partner's MDP partner, or attempting to sway the bloc I'm in into attacking their own allies against their will. Now that's one hell of a poor show.

I'm not sure whether I dislike Ragnarok for bailing or Polaris for talking them into it. Aw heck, I have room enough to dislike them both.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295503914' post='2585551']
I have to ask....... u mad?
[/quote]

At first? Yea, I won't lie. But that quickly faded to disappointment in less time than it took to wiki Polars war history. If Rok wants to go with Polar who's been attacking SuperFriends and their allies since before there was a SuperFriends, instead of the people who have bled beside them on the battle field for years unstintingly then that just tells me they aren't worth getting upset over.

But that doesn't mean I would let something like this pass without remark.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1295504093' post='2585567']
GOONS discussing parasitic behaviour... Classy.

Yet another alliance assisted by Polaris against the cries of derision from the peanut gallery that turns on those who helped. Parasite is a good term really.
[/quote]
Sharpening your Knife for RoK Grub.

God speed RoK im truly sorry to see this but applaud you for sticking by your word.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295504118' post='2585570']
In this thread, Ragnarok turns its back on all of its allies and its bloc in order to support Polaris, up to and including attacking allies of allies. [b]Really I can't even begin to imagine attacking my treaty partner's MDP partner[/b], or attempting to sway the bloc I'm in into attacking their own allies against their will. Now that's one hell of a poor show.

I'm not sure whether I dislike Ragnarok for bailing or Polaris for talking them into it. Aw heck, I have room enough to dislike them both.
[/quote]
Please try to be consistent then.

[/quote]

That's great, because we all know your thumb is on the pulse of rok. Have fun sleeping at night with that thought.

Well, well, RoK did it. This should be interesting.

[/quote]
Did someone forget the Karma war?

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295503605' post='2585508']
Not to ruin the moment, because it is great that they declared ... but they weren't going to initially. I didn't up and leave an alliance I co-founded and helped build on rumors, man. :P
[/quote]
But of course you did!

I think I will call you Van mhawk now. :)

In this thread, Ragnarok turns its back on all of its allies and its bloc in order to support Polaris, up to and including attacking allies of allies. Really I can't even begin to imagine attacking my treaty partner's MDP partner, or attempting to sway the bloc I'm in into attacking their own allies against their will. Now that's one hell of a poor show.

[/quote]
This is delicious.

[/quote]

Your judgment..it may be clouded.

:rolleyes:

[/quote]

VE put them in that position by doing the same thing, attacking an ally of an ally. Don't stick this just on RoK.

[/quote]

This part here can be said for any alliance allied to Polar. Think about it when was the last time they stuck their neck out for anyone not just Rok? I can't ever think of a time when they joined a war that wasn't forced upon them or they didn't have any real solid opposition. Yet for some reason they get alliances like STA, IAA, Rok, and plenty of other alliances to go out and jump in front of a train for them despite never doing the same for them nor ever budging in their stance to help their allies. The more Polar pushes the knife into the back of theses alliances the more they cling to Polar. :wacko:

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1295503572' post='2585502']
Oh my god! A Rok treaty partner not bad-mouthing their ally? Color me shocked!
[/quote]

Maybe the others are doing it, but if you see GOD doing it, send them my way so I can smack them. RoK is handling it's business, we're friends, not dictators of each other's alliance.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295503605' post='2585508']
Not to ruin the moment, because it is great that they declared ... but they weren't going to initially. I didn't up and leave an alliance I co-founded and helped build on rumors, man. :P
[/quote]

C'mon you up and leave more often then seasons ;) I dunno man, what I've been told is it was always 75% towards declaring. I'm sure you're tighter with those folks then I'll ever be, but I never heard anything that said they weren't for sure. Make sure you send them beers, cause the amount of crying they're going to cause in other circles is going to be legendary.

I do have to echo Typo though Hoo, why in the world are you so attached to them? They've never sided with us, and spent years trying to get GOD killed. I've never understood your love fair with them. Sure we've buried the hatchet and were trying to give them a hand, but you've always been a loyal ally to them when you could be.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1295504182' post='2585577']
So Polar declares on two of your direct allies in BiPolar and you do nothing, yet when your direct ally is spied upon you side against them. Excellent decision RoK. I'll be glad to see the back of you.
[/quote]
\m/ held no ill will toward Rok for that move and in fact we won that war without their assistance. This is a different situation.

In addition, \m/ didn't drop Rok when it resigned the Polar treaty.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1295504360' post='2585593']
You realize Polar did that multiple times last war, right?
[/quote]

Oh, I forgot that 2 wrongs make a right. Maaaaaaaaaah baaaaaaad!

Also, I never claimed that Polar didn't do that. But calling out RoK for declaring on an MDP partner of an ally when the whole war started because VE declared on an MDP partner of RoK is extremely ridiculous, I'm sure even you can see that.