Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1295317426' post='2579439']
Disbandment for the NpO is the only option. Make it so guys.
[/quote]

See, it's junk like that that are going to make you seem to people like the bad guys.

Anyhow . . .

o/ war!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='empirica' timestamp='1295317407' post='2579438']
It's more like common knowledge by now that PB collectively has been looking for a good reason to roll Polar for some time.
[/quote]

I'd say it's alleged (and unsubstantiated at that), more so than being common knowledge.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295317567' post='2579456']
I'd think of no other reason why I'd want to roll an alliance who when given a legitimate shot to finally take down the side that has been a problem for awhile only to have switch sides to save their own skins and take us out to the slaughter would ever [i]think[/i] about wanting Polaris rolled.

No idea at all.

Also hi empi :)
[/quote]
I think both sides have more than enough reason to want to war each other, though not necessarily over this crap. Just stating that what I'm seeing stated now doesn't particularly match what I've noticed in public over a period of some months. Also hai.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1295317328' post='2579431']
Above and beyond that, he took the info, discussed said information, and nowhere in the conversation, admonished his source for giving the info. Id call it quite the difference.
[/quote]

That's literally what SethB did.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295317657' post='2579464']
I'd say it's alleged (and unsubstantiated at that), more so than being common knowledge.
[/quote]
I'm on IRC once a week at best and routinely hear from people who have no reason to lie that it is so. Coupled with public postings, it makes an impression. Sometimes a negative one, you know those are the ones that stick.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295316781' post='2579384']
And the real reason for this attack is that these folks have been gunning for Polar for ages, and they took what they can get. Speaking of, how, exactly, did Lennox get VE's warchest info after only being in the alliance for just a couple days? Is VE just that lax, or was it a set up?
[/quote]
This seems to translate into "it's not possible for someone you want to attack to give you a reason to attack them."

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295317260' post='2579424']
U mad? Seriously though, lets not go down that path. As for a CB, I am all for free speech. I don't know where you think I have ever rolled anyone for talking crap. My actions? I am in the peanut gallery here making commentary and engaging in some political debate.
[/quote]

Please do lets go down this path. Or would you like to avoid it due to the fact that People will start pointing out how much the "karma" side really is just NPO 2.o.. exactly what you so "harshly" fought against to change in CN.

Anyways, I an't arguing with you in defense of Polar. Too bad you guys made some of the worst decisions possible in the past little p. Cause the ones that would have stuck with and backed you up, won't know. "Karma" is a ***** an't it.

None the less I still hold my ground that it would be epic and funny to see PB folded into a little box of nothing.

Also, setting someone up by sending a spy to offer spy work to someone you want to roll.. is far more dirtier tricks then Q ever pulled.. Q just kicked butt and demanded high reps for it.. They never set anyone up to get a reason.

Edited by PMoses

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1295317068' post='2579405']
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't VE both PB and SF? How could he hope to cause a war between the two.
[/quote]
Just some very close ties, not officially, but it seems as though their bloc ties took precedence today.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295317507' post='2579448']
But yet you still avoid Pez's question as to how this alleged Lennox obtained such information.
[/quote]

How the hell would I know? Why not ask him?

[quote name='Shodemofi' timestamp='1295317550' post='2579455']
Oh come on, you can't think we're that stupid can you? Maybe you weren't the brains behind the operation, but I can't believe there are very many people who believe that your side started this war over what's contained in the OP.
[/quote]

I think if the past years of relative peace and boredom have proven anything its that we are quite happy to let people live in peace if they do not provoke us unduly, and even then they have to work hard at it. The six million dollar war took direct aid to a rogue after being told point blank it would mean war, this war took an active spy. Mean while we ignore just about every provocation short of direct attack on us. The WCE logs showed a coalition channel of people trying to figure out how to roll us and we didn't act on that.

You may not like to admit it, but you have to work pretty hard at it to get a DoW out of us.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295317790' post='2579479']
This seems to translate into "it's not possible for someone you want to attack to give you a reason to attack them."
[/quote]

Considering the sensitive nature of warchests, I'd think it's a perfectly valid response ... And I know VE keeps a tight lip on their econ information.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295317891' post='2579499']
I know. Nothing like when you guys betrayed him in NSO why would he ever want to do that to such a clown?
[/quote]
No idea what you are talking about, I don't pay attention to Planet Bob politics or nonsense anymore. I have come to the conclusion that there are three types of people here; clowns, weasels, and people who don't give a damn. Would you consider yourself to be the former or the second? :)

[quote name='PMoses' timestamp='1295317849' post='2579489']
Please do lets go down this path. Or would you like to avoid it due to the fact that People will start pointing out how much the "karma" side really is just NPO 2.o.. exactly what you so "harshly" fought against to change in CN.

Anyways, I an't arguing with you in defense of Polar. Too bad you guys made some of the worst decisions possible in the past little p. Cause the ones that would have stuck with and backed you up, won't know. "Karma" is a ***** an't it.

None the less I still hold my ground that it would be epic and funny to see PB folded into a little box of nothing.
[/quote]

I refuse to take your bait because this DoW is about the here and now and not about the 2+ years ago.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1295317997' post='2579511']
No idea what you are talking about, I don't pay attention to Planet Bob politics or nonsense anymore. I have come to the conclusion that there are three types of people here; clowns, weasels, and people who don't give a damn. Would you consider yourself to be the former or the second? :)
[/quote]

I've actually elected to give as much a damn as the people your alliance has betrayed last war.

That's right, I'm joining the GPA.

[quote name='PMoses' timestamp='1295317849' post='2579489']

Also, setting someone up by sending a spy to offer spy work to someone you want to roll.. is far more dirtier tricks then Q ever pulled.. Q just kicked butt and demanded high reps for it.. They never set anyone up to get a reason.
[/quote]

Holy hell you have no idea what you're talking about. :facepalm:

(And I doubt were even around back then.)

[quote name='abdur' timestamp='1295318167' post='2579535']
I really look forward to seeing this refuted.
[/quote]

You've missed several posts it seems.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295316781' post='2579384']
And the real reason for this attack is that these folks have been gunning for Polar for ages, and they took what they can get. Speaking of, how, exactly, did Lennox get VE's warchest info after only being in the alliance for just a couple days? Is VE just that lax, or was it a set up?
[/quote]

Do something about it.