Foreign Affairs Dispatch from the New Pacific Order

Malatose

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1281893714' post='2416784']
I remember Sparta being quite fine with it when it was in place, doing nothing. I dont think you thought this one all the way through, lol.
[/quote]
I did not make any statements regarding alliance policy on the historical matter, and prefer not to be quoted as such as that was not the intention, thanks. I'm just pointing out I have a hard time seeing what you are gaining with this cancellation. If you feel it is in the best interest of your alliance ties, so be it.

Edited by jeff barr

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1281890955' post='2416739']
Apparently, even if you hold a rather insignificant treaty which only holds a certain level of political symbolism, like a PIAT with NPO-- you are shunned. Doors are closed for you. Never mind who you are, good or bad, that link makes you unwanted. The moment its dropped your next best thing since Jesus.
[/quote]

Which is why GATO holds MDPs with IAA, ODN, Athens, VE, and LoSS right?

Get over yourselves.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1281896211' post='2416815']I did not make any statements regarding alliance policy on the historical matter, and prefer not to be quoted as such as that was not the intention, thanks. [/quote]
I am just putting things into perspective here for you. But ok, I can respect its your personal opinion even though I am just not sure then how that meshes with what your alliance did in that time period. I suppose you oppose that too, right? But that is a subject of another debate, dont feel compelled to answer.
[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1281896211' post='2416815']I'm just pointing out I have a hard time seeing what you are gaining with this cancellation. It certainly doesn't make it easier for you to spin and laud past misdeeds. If you feel it is in the best interest of your alliance ties, so be it.[/quote]
What spin? Our official alliance stand, set by the Emperor, is that our viceroy over GATO was a mistake on our part.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1281896294' post='2416818']
Which is why GATO holds MDPs with IAA, ODN, Athens, VE, and LoSS right?

Get over yourselves.
[/quote]
I am just repeating the message that your guy there is sending, unprovoked. If you disagree, then take that with him.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1281896700' post='2416823']
What spin? Our official alliance stand, set by the Emperor, is that our viceroy over GATO was a mistake on our part.
[/quote]
Gah you quoted me before I edited. That wasn't exactly what I wanted to say, but fair enough.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281895549' post='2416807']
First, Polaris did not canceled the treaty with NSO. Second, we tried to help NSO, in fact we declared war on GOD and fought also VE, Kronos, Tetris and others alliances for try to help them, Polaris(me included) made many efforts and tried to help them to achieve peace. NSO has the right to say that our help was worthless, but my conscience is clear, we tried and if we failed in help them in this specific issue patience. What you forgot is how many times we helped NSO and how many times we backed them. If you are trying to compare GATO behavior towards NSO in this incident with NpO behavior in Bi-Polar war, and if you think that GATO behavior is less worse of NpO-NSO one, I have just one thing to say: poor of you. I hope that your lack of judgment is because your are trying to defend GATO who is very close of IAA.

Also, I'll not reply other posts about bi-polar war in this thread, if you really want to argue about that, find someone else, I already discussed this many times with so many people and I'm tired of this subject.
[/quote]

well considering NSO stated several times they never wanted anyone's help, i would say you have no reason to get your panties in a twist over the cancellation between GATO and NSO. and of course you don't want to discuss Polaris leaving NSO on the battlefield alone after they came in to defend Polaris. but yes, continue to believe that GATO canceling on NSO when again, NSO has stated several times they never were going to bring any of their allies in, is somehow worse than that.

This is what I got:

NPO: Sorry it came to this GATO.
GATO: As are we.
CnG: lol, good job GATO long time coming!
GATO: We're really not happy about this.
NPO: Neither are we.
CnG: Well you still got us!

The MVP
Thank me now
Sith Acolyte

Edited by The MVP

The motto of all alliance politics on Bob seems to be "tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis." If the PIAT was unlikely to develop into a tighter arrangement - due to shifts in global politics, or changes within the alliances concerned - then it is probably for the best that it pass into history. Such things are always sad, though. My best wishes to both alliances, particularly our friends and allies in GATO.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281883500' post='2416661']
People say it about every alliance of Planet Bob, the difference is the reason why they say that... I was comfortable with the reasons for the polar hate in bi-polar war, I hope you are(not) comfortable with the reasons for the GATO disdain in this one.
[/quote]

I am very comfortable with why Pacifica canceled on us. I'm very comfortable with the decisions made concerning NSO. I am not comfortable with how things turned out and the mess that would later surround the cancellation. Both sides got hurt in the process and the fact is we will more than likely never be able to recover that. Once, I went to some NSOers privately and many NSO allies and explained every fact in detail then we all agreed it was just a crappy turn of events for all of us. If you'd like to do the same I'm in your channel most of the time. I'd love to discuss things with you.

[quote name='Xerxer' timestamp='1281884469' post='2416668']
Congratulations to you GATO, on this glorious turn of events.

:wub: Omni
[/quote]

I wub you more!!! :wub: Xerxer

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281895549' post='2416807']
First, Polaris did not canceled the treaty with NSO. Second, we tried to help NSO, in fact we declared war on GOD and fought also VE, Kronos, Tetris and others alliances for try to help them, Polaris(me included) made many efforts and tried to help them to achieve peace. NSO has the right to say that our help was worthless, but my conscience is clear, we tried and if we failed in help them in this specific issue patience. What you forgot is how many times we helped NSO and how many times we backed them. If you are trying to compare GATO behavior towards NSO in this incident with NpO behavior in Bi-Polar war, and if you think that GATO behavior is less worse of NpO-NSO one, I have just one thing to say: poor of you. I hope that your lack of judgment is because your are trying to defend GATO who is very close of IAA.

Also, I'll not reply other posts about bi-polar war in this thread, if you really want to argue about that, find someone else, I already discussed this many times with so many people and I'm tired of this subject.
[/quote]

Just as you are forgetting how many times we helped NSO too. Considering our original plan was never to simply leave NSO out to dry while we sat back and laughed like many in the peanut gallery tries to make it out to be then I think what you're trying to say is mute. Both of our alliances made tough decisions that people who are looking from the outside second guess. I just don't see how you can't catch the hypocrisy in what you're saying. Like I said previously if you'd like to discuss this issue with me I'm available. :)

[quote]Antonio Salovega VI, on 15 August 2010 - 12:40 PM, said:
The adjustment would be in the Sith and NPO perspective. GATO’s announcement was a diplomatic masterstroke. By cancelling the treaty it telegraphed the imminent start of the war and sent their "former" allies, the Sith, scrambling for peace mode. The Sith should be especially grateful to GATO for the heads up and both the Sith and NPO should be high-fiving GATO while negotiating a higher level treaty.[/quote]

As much as i appreciate the enthusiasm and support, you are giving us far more credit than we deserve. :P

o/ VE

love you guys

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1281854136' post='2416472']
[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/CN%20Graphics/AS6Options.png[/IMG]

How typical for NPO to slam a door in need of a slight adjustment. It appears that GATO's options just increased exponentially.

Antonio Salovega VI
Guazabara'guani
Republic of Qinqe
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I really doubt there were too many alliances turning GATO away over a PIAT. An MDP maybe, but not a PIAT. Plus, there is also the simply fact that their going to RoK asking for them to hold up on the DoW for a few days so they could cancel with the grace period and avoid bad PR, well, let's just say there are quite a few alliances who don't think much better of them for that.

You see, as soon as Omni found out about the war the first thing he did was plead with RoK. No, not for the NSO. For GATO. He really wanted an out, and wanted to be able to cancel the MDP with the period expiring. Would make GATO look good, and no one would ever assume it had anything to do with the war (a devious plan I know). Well, that didn't happen, so he had to get creative, and after telling the NSO he really wishes he were with us for this, he then finds a technicality (and a very, very good one mind you, I can't help but commend the effort) and in a few brief moments moves GATO faster than it had ever gone before. Yes, GATO, the alliance that famously takes two weeks to prepare for war managed to weasel out and void a treaty in a matter of minutes. And in the same announcement takes a snipe at Hoo for "not hearing me out." Despite the fact he never really tried to mediate. He just wanted to be able to cancel a treaty without looking bad. Anyway, since I only found out this delightful little addendum to the magnificent tale of Omni, I apologize if it appears that I cannot contend my excitement. I just had to share!

Now, as for this PIAT, I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but considering the NSO was an MDP partner of the NPO, and the PIAT calls for intelligence sharing, wouldn't GATO have been obligated to tell the NPO? I'm just wondering.[/color]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281903938' post='2416918']
I'm curious about this GATO help as well.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Me too. I really do not mean this as a slight, but GATO really is no Polaris. If someone really wanted to hit us I don't think an angry GATO would deter them. Although to be fair, once GATO finished prepping after two weeks the attackers probably would be regretting that they ever dared mess with GATO.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

RV what you're saying is a complete lie, and you all know the things I done for NSO. The only thing NSO ever tried to give in return was to whine about how we were never on their side or some crap like that. Since I only brought up the cancellation thing to try and greater inform D34th. I don't want to go over the same trite arguments again. It will only turn into a NO U argument over and over again.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1281893296' post='2416779']
You canceled a piat with an ally that "has the distinction of having the longest-running public treaty with the New Pacific Order."? A PIAT? Well, whatever.

For future reference, I fail to see how you are going to legitimately be able to argue that your viceroyship "helped" gato and CN now that you aren't allies. A viceroy is such a timeless blunder, I would have thought you would have held onto that PIAT until one of you got wiped off the face of the Bob just save your sorry @#$% some direly needed PR. Perhaps it's not relevant. GATO viceroyship was indeed a long time ago, but I doubt the cyberverse will let you get away with that excuse. I'm just sayin'

Meh NPO

o/ GATO

Jeff Bar
Spartan God
Adding strange sig cause the cool kids are doing it.

EDIT: sig :smug:
[/quote]

Err, what are you even trying to say? As it happens, we have a very good dialogue with a lot of GATO members and I don't see that changing. Not all of us are stuck in the past my friend.

Wentworth
Ruler of Inertia
Baby Maker Extraordinaire
Pacifican Scum

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281904883' post='2416938']
RV what you're saying is a complete lie, and you all know the things I done for NSO. The only thing NSO ever tried to give in return was to whine about how we were never on their side or some crap like that. Since I only brought up the cancellation thing to try and greater inform D34th. I don't want to go over the same trite arguments again. It will only turn into a NO U argument over and over again.
[/quote]
I still can't figure out what you are on about. What did GATO do for NSO? I just want to know. Just saying that RV "knows" and is lying isn't the same as actually answering the question.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1281898452' post='2416842']
Worthless when it was made and this decision finaly reflects that fact.

If the GATO treaty is brown, flush it down :ehm:
[/quote]

Please don't start saying that! It will spread like cancer.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1281901726' post='2416890']
The motto of all alliance politics on Bob seems to be "tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis." If the PIAT was unlikely to develop into a tighter arrangement - due to shifts in global politics, or changes within the alliances concerned - then it is probably for the best that it pass into history. Such things are always sad, though. My best wishes to both alliances, particularly our friends and allies in GATO.
[/quote]

ODN we get it, you love GATO. I do too, well some of the members. Maybe we should get together and write a MADP.

[/quote]

Oh I'd love to hear this, when did you do this?

Kevin
Sith Marauder of War
James Empire
True Sith

Edited by kevin32891

[/quote]

Like my brothers posting before me, I am curious as well; what have you done for NSO?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281903576' post='2416912']
Just as you are forgetting how many times we helped NSO too. Considering our original plan was never to simply leave NSO out to dry while we sat back and laughed like many in the peanut gallery tries to make it out to be then I think what you're trying to say is [s]mute[/s] [b]moot[/b]. Both of our alliances made tough decisions that people who are looking from the outside second guess. I just don't see how you can't catch the hypocrisy in what you're saying. Like I said previously if you'd like to discuss this issue with me I'm available. :)
[/quote]

If he's trying to say it, it's not very quiet ;)