NPO Annoucement: 2nd Triannual Report of the 6th Year of Order

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='01 May 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1272770233' post='2283388']
Entertaining as always. I look forward to seeing you out of terms, and hope that you do not repeat your past mistakes.

Wasn't that the way it was from the beginning?
[/quote]

That is the point of the OP. That is how it was SUPPOSED to be from the beginning, Londo has requested otherwise, it seems.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='01 May 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1272750267' post='2283028']
Since the Greeks are vassal states of the Mushroom Kingdom, I fully understand that they have a desire to send treasure and tribute to Archon in exchange for his hard work in thinking for them;[/quote]

Too cute. I wasn't going to bring it up, but there are a few reasons that we decided to divert part of our share of NPO reparations to Mushroom Kingdom. The first was that MK sent Athens a pretty good chunk of rebuilding aid after the noCB war when we needed it rather badly, even in the midst of rebuilding themselves and paying the NPO 82k tech in reps. The second is that I wanted MK's membership to get some of that tech back that they sent to NPO after the noCB war. I know we enjoyed getting ours back, and I wanted MK to partake in that joy as well. MK also didn't really get much in the way of reps from TPF to rebuild even though they'd done excellent work against them, and there were actually a number of alliances that decided to donate some tech to MK. All of them had their own reasons. I've told you ours.

[quote name='Branimir' date='01 May 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1272757029' post='2283179']
You need to hurry and squeeze in for your little cut.

There is only like, one or at max two runs to go, of NPO's "+1k tech" nations sending "reps".
It is a opportunity of a lifetime, as I do not intend to send tech ever again after this 7k I already send.

For example, that is half of what your puppet state, Athens, had to send as an alliance when they were subjugated under [b]draconian and horrendous[/b] terms of NPO led coalition (8k of that went to NPO, I suppose I singlehandedly re-payed for that [b]draconian and horrendous[/b] crime for which I heard so much !@#$%*ing from that puppet group).
[/quote]
What did someone say about whining earlier in this thread?

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='02 May 2010 - 02:50 AM' timestamp='1272783018' post='2283609']
What did someone say about whining earlier in this thread?
[/quote]

This thread is now about complaining about war reparations. Have any from the Unjust War or earlier we throw in, or maybe a NAAC disbandment take you'd like to try to make relevant? <_<

Technically diverting tech to MK is a treaty violation, no matter what the rationale is. Is it worth mentioning? Perhaps. The next 25 pages? Nope.

Congrats to NPO for pointing out that they won GW VII/Second Unjust War/etc. hands down. Some of us already figured it out, but a reminder was probably in order.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='02 May 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1272796415' post='2283683']
Technically diverting tech to MK is a treaty violation, no matter what the rationale is.
[/quote]

Tell us all mighty Hal, how it is a treaty violation.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' date='02 May 2010 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1272803002' post='2283710']
Tell us all mighty Hal, how it is a treaty violation.
[/quote]
It's not. The relevant section of the surrender document is very poorly worded, and gives a lot of ambiguity.

[quote name='sethb' date='19 July 2009 - 11:29 PM' post='1704250'][u][b]Part B - War Reparations[/u]

I.[/b] Reparations of 350,000 tech and $10,000,000,000 will be assessed upon the New Pacific Order. All reparations of the 350,000 technology must be paid by nations with greater than or equal to 1000.00 technology upon the signing of these terms. Money reps, or money reps which are converted to tech, may be sent from any nation. Reparations shall be sent as 50 tech packets or as $3,000,000 aid packets only. Up to $3,000,000,000 of the money reps is convertable to tech at the standard rate of $3,000,000 for 100 tech, at the discretion of the New Pacific Order. The remaining $7,000,000,000 in money reparations may also be converted to tech at the mutual consent of both the New Pacific Order and the alliance receiving the reparations packages. The reparations are to be paid starting August 1st of 2009.

[b]II.[/b] To facilitate the speedy payment of reparations, a minimum of 1/12 of the total reparations assessed must be disbursed each month (29,150 tech and 831 million dollars. NPO nations are forbidden to accept aid offers containing technology for the duration of surrender terms. Accepting external aid offers of any kind, or sending external aid offers to any nation other than an approved reparations target, is forbidden for the duration of terms.
[/quote]
It leaves the decision of what is an approved reparations target out of the terms. Interestingly this could allow Karma to force NPO to violate the terms by just not approving any reparation targets.

Quality report as usual.

It will be interesting to see what Pacifican NS looks like 20-25 days after terms are complete.

Most interestingly will be where the NPO turns to for its first treaties.

Overall it will be good for the [s]game[/s] world of CN to have the NPO back. Up to what...we shall see.

Congrats on the soon to be completion of terms.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='02 May 2010 - 08:50 AM' timestamp='1272783018' post='2283609']What did someone say about whining earlier in this thread?[/quote]
While of course, I knew that some would be on auto response here.

If I was more savvy, I bet I could make a program that could make these mindless responses including the key words: "whining", "huuuurrrrr", "fffff", "crying", etc. It shouldn't be too difficult, no matter the context, subject or the theme.

Anyway, Mker would be wise to take my well aimed advise and to get his share of tech. As, I explained why in comparison to others, after this there will be no more mass tech shipping here-- at least not from my nation. Its a opportunity of a life time, as such.

huuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr whining huuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr

Edited by Branimir

[quote]It has come to my attention that the Alliances of Athens and Sparta have “reinterpreted” this past ruling and are now allowing portions of their share to be forwarded to non-G15 nations in the Mushroom Kingdom. Since the Greeks are vassal states of the Mushroom Kingdom, I fully understand that they have a desire to send treasure and tribute to Archon in exchange for his hard work in thinking for them; however, the Clerk finds the continued “reinterpretation” of the instrument of investment distracting and looks forward to retiring our end of the agreement.[/quote]
I'm guessing you all don't much like Athens, Sparta, or Mushroom Kingdom. Thanks for all that tech BTW. It is pretty slick.

[quote name='Detlev' date='02 May 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1272811213' post='2283751']
I'm guessing you all don't much like Athens, Sparta, or Mushroom Kingdom. Thanks for all that tech BTW. It is pretty slick.
[/quote]

Well if you think about it, they're really just giving it back to you. I'd be willing to bet they'll get it back sometime down the road anyhow.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='02 May 2010 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1272810766' post='2283746']
Yeah, diverting reparations to MK is perfectly legitimate as per the terms, and you have purposely misinterpreted something Londo said previously to make it seem as if he's changed his stance.
[/quote]

To think that Londo's stance on anything has been consistent over time would require you to ingest some drug that reacts to lunacy. I believe that NPO requires the right to complain about the harshest terms ever given because one can only take so much bull-crap from the opposition before insanity onsets. Think about it this way, if NPO forgoes lamenting over this stuff now, the G15 may have to suffer when Moo coups Cortath. Moo would force war later upon the G15 later, stemming from the onset of Mad Cow Disease. The end result of this war could cause Londo to go insane from the long lasting radiative side effects, which may actually bring him closer to being normal after all.

Congrats Pacifica on approaching the end...finally.

You have persevered with class and grace...

Looking forward to seeing you all thrive in June and August and many years after...

Congrats again...

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='02 May 2010 - 07:47 AM' timestamp='1272782840' post='2283604']
Too cute. I wasn't going to bring it up, but there are a few reasons that we decided to divert part of our share of NPO reparations to Mushroom Kingdom. The first was that MK sent Athens a pretty good chunk of rebuilding aid after the noCB war when we needed it rather badly, even in the midst of rebuilding themselves and paying the NPO 82k tech in reps. The second is that I wanted MK's membership to get some of that tech back that they sent to NPO after the noCB war. I know we enjoyed getting ours back, and I wanted MK to partake in that joy as well. MK also didn't really get much in the way of reps from TPF to rebuild even though they'd done excellent work against them, and there were actually a number of alliances that decided to donate some tech to MK. All of them had their own reasons. I've told you ours.
[/quote]

You guys seem scared. And I think you should be scared. Be afraid Londo, be [i]very [/i]afraid.

Good job on this issue Sir Paul; I love how you complain about everything especially making jokes to alliances who are holding you to the highest reparations amount in the history of Planet Bob. My statement makes sense, don't for once think it doesn't!

Edit: Anyone notice how all of Londo's "why always me" arguments center around a war that happened two years ago and has since been compensated for?

Edited by The AUT

great read as always Sir Paul. May admin show a great light upon NPO in the coming months as your rebuild takes place. You have all handled your terms much more gracefully than I think I could have considering all those attacks on your sovereign soil that went undefended!!! Very poor show by the G15, and just goes to show you that when your down and beat up because of terms, those whom are sworn by surrender terms to defend you must have honor in order to do so.

I wish NPO the best in your rebuild it was amazing to watch.

o/ NPO