NPO Annoucement: 2nd Triannual Report of the 6th Year of Order

[img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/433/imperialclerklogo.png[/img]

[size=8][b]2nd Triannual Report of the 6th Year of Order[/size][/b]

Delivered on Saturday, this 1st Day of May in the 2010th Year of Our Lord before the Assembled BODY REPUBLIC Six Years and 8 Months after the Day of Order.
-----
My Emperor, Imperial Officers, Councilors, and Fellow Members of the Body Republic:

As Imperial Clerk, it is my duty to issue the triannual report on the progress made achieving the goals set for in [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=67629&hl=]His Imperial Majesty's Most Gracious Speech to the Body Republic of the Order[/url]. The People's Government has laid out several ambitious objectives and Pacifica has risen to the occasion, working hard to spread Peace, Strength and Prosperity through our works. The second trimester of the sixth year of Order has seen many accomplishments and great changes for Pacifica, and this report organizes the progress the People have made on the measures put forth before the Body Republic.

[b]Rebuilding the Order into a shining City on a Hill[/b]

As the Order is finishing our year of winter, we have made many changes to ensure that our Empire adapts to our surroundings that we may overcome any challenge. Emperor Cortath, after dissolving the Imperial Advisory Council during his first trimester, has made additional structural changes to the meritocratic bureaucracy of the Order, bringing us to a New Pacifica that better serves the members of the Body Republic. The Imperial position of Counselor has been abolished and our former councilor and several Imperial Officers are now Retired Imperial Officers. Retired Imperial Officers hold no authority over the operational departments of the Order, and their purpose is to provide their wise and learned counsel to the Emperor and Imperial Officers, while Imperial Officers offer and contribute to the strategic vision of the New Pacific Order, and in their area, create the strategic goals, manage the personnel and implement that vision.

The following servants of Pacifica are now Retired Imperial Officers:

[list]Vladimir, Imperial Counselor, Retired
Hawk_11, Imperial Counselor, Retired
Umbrae Noctem, Imperial Counselor, Retired
Triyun, Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs, Retired
Sir Donald R. Deamon, Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs, Retired
Loucifer, Imperial Officer of Military Affairs, Retired[/list]
In addition to tearing down superfluous bureaucratic structure, we have, unfortunately, been dealing with raiders tearing down our member nations’ vital infrastructure. Between December 12, 2009 and March 9, 2010, 35 incidents were reported to the G15 headquarters. Of those, 27 went undefended. Of the 8 defended nations, the defenders hailed from VE (13 war slots), Sparta (10 war slots), FOK (4 war slots) and Athens (4 war slots). The other G15 alliances have sent zero defenders. The next triannual report will have a full summary of all G15 activities (and lack thereof) for the duration of our agreement.

[b]Timely Payment of Reparations[/b]

Bank Chairman Jasmines Jewels has been coordinating the distribution of the Kollectively Amalgamated Risk Management Asset (KARMA) investment vehicles to designated recipients. On behalf of the Chairman, I am pleased to report that the Order is expected to finish distribution before the end of May, fully three months before the deadline despite distribution interruptions during our distribution process due to hegemonic conflict.

We have also persevered despite continued and repeated “reinterpretations” of our agreement with the G15. Initially, members of the G15 had an interest in forgoing a portion of their K.A.R.M.A. investment vehicle in exchange for Pacifican goods and services. However, Londo Mollari, member of the G15 and holder of veto over G15 decisions, informed the Imperial Clerk that the totality of the K.A.R.M.A. investment payments must go to G15 nations and that if any alliance forsook part of their share, the other members of the G15 would be entitled to it.

It has come to my attention that the Alliances of Athens and Sparta have “reinterpreted” this past ruling and are now allowing portions of their share to be forwarded to non-G15 nations in the Mushroom Kingdom. Since the Greeks are vassal states of the Mushroom Kingdom, I fully understand that they have a desire to send treasure and tribute to Archon in exchange for his hard work in thinking for them; however, the Clerk finds the continued “reinterpretation” of the instrument of investment distracting and looks forward to retiring our end of the agreement.

[b]Rebuild the New Pacific Order into a top-tier sanctioned alliance[/b]

The Order, at the time of our last report on January 1, 2010, had but 8 million strength and was the eighth ranked alliance. Today, we are now the fourth ranked alliance and flirting with 9 million strength, an incredible accomplishment for an alliance exporting 20.5 billion Francos worth of currency and technology.

[img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1996/statsrt.png[/img]
[i]The Order, fourth only to MHA, GPA, and Polaris[/i]

Due to an interesting quirk of policy, the Order is infrastructure heavy. Whereas most alliances have 50 to 55 percent of their national strength in infrastructure, the Order has about 80 percent of its national strength in infrastructure and nearly none in military. The Imperial Officer of Economic Affairs has indicated a June initiative to help correct this imbalance through importation of technology and procurement of military hardware.

[img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1636/devratio.png[/img]
[i]NPO is looking to right-size with additional military and technology purchases[/i]

Barring hegemonic conflict involving the Order, economic projections indicate that the Order will join the top-tier by the August Revolution.

[b]Working with Red Team alliances for Economic Security[/b]

As we reach the end of our agreement with the G15, the Order has decided that trade with those external to the Order has been greatly beneficial and as such we hope to continue exchanges beyond our borders. Currently, technology has been named as a commodity in limited supply, while currency is something we have in abundance. For those with an imbalance in the opposite direction, when we exit terms, please feel free to make the journey to the [url=http://pacificorder.net/forum/index.php?showforum=260]Red Square Technology Market[/url] that economic agreements may be made when Pacificans once again import technology. While most of our trading partners are red team nations (and the Order looks forward to becoming a full signatory of the Red Dawn Economic Pact) we are certainly willing to trade technology regardless of color.

An additional resource that is becoming scarce is that of Uranium. Uranium futures, particularly June contracts, are trading at an all-time high at the Francograd Commodities Exchange (FCX). Economic officials are scrambling for parties looking to have temporary trades of Uranium with Pacifican nations. Those interested can also visit [url=http://pacificorder.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=105505]Red Square Trading Post[/url] to speak with FCX officials when we have exited our terms.

[b]The creation and dissemination of Pacifican Culture, Art, Literature, and Media[/b]

With the retirement and exodus of notable Pacificans, taking up the mantle of responsibility and duty are a new generation of Pacificans who will serve the Order during this new age. After Z’ha’dam’s exodus from the Order, Media Affairs has been without Imperial Officer oversight, and Brennan stepped up as Director of the department, moving media forward in a way only daily beatings can. PNN international and a revitalized graphics department have been hallmarks of his term and the Emperor was pleased to appoint Brennan as the newest Imperial Officer of the Order. He takes this mantle of responsibility freely, but not lightly.

In addition, the Imperial Clerk’s Office has doubled its staff by hiring an apprentice who will help insure the continued quality of the Tabloid Tribune, Triannual Report, and other important Imperial Clerk documents. The Clerk’s Office welcomes apprentice scribe Zblueblur0.

[b]Grow our community and ensure the personal and professional development of all our members[/b]

Despite continued Kollectively Amalgamated Risk Management Asset (KARMA) investment vehicles being distributed to the G15 (and others) along with Cortath’s controversial demilitarization policies, the Department of Internal Affairs reports 303 nations have applied to join the Order and 71 nations have passed the full Academy during the last trimester. Despite a shrinking cyberverse, recruiters and academy personnel expect even higher recruitment during for the final trimester of the 6th year of Order.

[b]Preparations for the Future[/b]

There have been some statements regarding [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83752]attacking Pacifica[/url]. While BPI officials have determined that this particular threat is not credible, the Order takes all threats seriously and is making preparations to ensure its safety for the duration of our terms and the time immediately afterward. The Emperor requests that all Pacificans stay extra vigilant from now until we have fully rearmed, and to follow all preparation instructions exactly. We are nearing the end of our winter. It will soon be springtime for Pacifica.

I pray that the blessing of Almighty Admin may rest upon your counsels.

Sir Paul
Imperial Clerk
New Pacific Order
Imperator Populusque Pacificus
-----
EDIT:

OOC: Normally, these reports are vetted by the various departments on the day the report comes out and posted just before update on the appointed day. However, I unexpectantly spend a majority of May 1, 2010 in an Oakland Emergency Room and had to post before final quality check. Upon re-reading, I (and others) noticed two errors. I apologize and will make the edits below since the above is already public record.

First, a tip of the hat to SirWilliam, who found a link going to the first post instead of the 8th of the appropriate thread. [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83752&st=0&p=2248383&#entry2248383]Here[/url] is the appropriate link.

Second, I reported that Sparta redirected their share of NPO reparations. On my second reading, that struck me as odd, since not taking a full cut of reparations would be out of character for Sparta. It was RoK, not Sparta. Tip of the hat to flak attack for also noticing.

Edited by Sir Paul

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hail Pacifica!

Ever forward. [img]http://pacificorder.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/hail.png[/img]

Edited by Bilrow

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='01 May 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1272750267' post='2283028']
Since the Greeks are vassal states of the Mushroom Kingdom, I fully understand that they have a desire to send treasure and tribute to Archon in exchange for his hard work in thinking for them;
[/quote]

This passage was my favorite.

[quote name='MNNorthStars' date='01 May 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1272751102' post='2283049']
Another excellent read, although the whining is getting a bit stale.
[/quote]

Whining? LOL. There wasn't a shred of whining in that entire post.

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='01 May 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1272750267' post='2283028']
There have been some statements regarding [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83752&st=0&p=2248383&#entry2248383]attacking Pacifica[/url].
[/quote]

Fixed the erroneous/misleading link for you. The Easter Sunday Accords had nothing to do with Pacifica or attacking Pacifica. I'm assuming instead you were referring to a single post in the middle of the first page.

Otherwise, looking good. The Mushroom Kingdom appreciates the reallocation of reparations and continuation of fine relations between our two alliances.

*edited for clarity

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='MNNorthStars' date='01 May 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1272751102' post='2283049']
[/quote]

This is the first I have heard of reparations being forwarded to Mushroom Kingdom from Athens and Sparta. That is the only thing that could remotely be interpreted as a whine. How can something new be stale?

[quote name='James I' date='02 May 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1272752583' post='2283083']Excellent news on the Sparta re-allocation. First I've heard of it though. :([/quote]
You need to hurry and squeeze in for your little cut.

There is only like, one or at max two runs to go, of NPO's "+1k tech" nations sending "reps".
It is a opportunity of a lifetime, as I do not intend to send tech ever again after this 7k I already send.

For example, that is half of what your puppet state, Athens, had to send as an alliance when they were subjugated under [b]draconian and horrendous[/b] terms of NPO led coalition (8k of that went to NPO, I suppose I singlehandedly re-payed for that [b]draconian and horrendous[/b] crime for which I heard so much !@#$%*ing from that puppet group).

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='01 May 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1272750267' post='2283028']Since the Greeks are vassal states of the Mushroom Kingdom, I fully understand that they have a desire to send treasure and tribute to Archon in exchange for his hard work in thinking for them; however, the Clerk finds the continued "reinterpretation" of the instrument of investment distracting and looks forward to retiring our end of the agreement.[/quote]

I found this to be a well executed slam on Athens. Even more so, I find myself looking on you guys much more favorably these days. A sign of the times I suppose...

Entertaining as always. I look forward to seeing you out of terms, and hope that you do not repeat your past mistakes.

However, Londo Mollari, member of the G15 and holder of veto over G15 decisions, informed the Imperial Clerk that the totality of the K.A.R.M.A. investment payments must go to G15 nations and that if any alliance forsook part of their share, the other members of the G15 would be entitled to it.
[/quote]

Wasn't that the way it was from the beginning?

[quote name='MNNorthStars' date='01 May 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1272751102' post='2283049']
[/quote]

If you think that making one political caricature about the reps we are [i]still[/i] paying is stale whining, then I think you need a bit of a reality check. Or, at the very least, a good look at history. You won't have to go far to start.