NPO Annoucement: 2nd Triannual Report of the 6th Year of Order

We did as it was the time and its standards.

You came, to change the standards of time. You didn't, as you are sheep, you do not have it in you to change or make anew, you are a reactionary, opportunistic grouping of what is, midgets in size.

Do not worry, what you couldn't do, or live up to, we will. As we are leaders, setters of standards and conduct. Shapers of time. And you are big collection of, what are individually, midgets in size.

The only ones that get any credit are the ex Voxians. They tried, out of anger, and netted some results. Without, mind you, armies to fallow but just words.

And with that, maybe we can now get back to topic.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Branimir' date='03 May 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1272940500' post='2285836']
We did as it was the time and its standards.

You came, to change the standards of time. You didn't, as you are sheep, you do not have it in you to change or make anew, you are a reactionary, opportunistic grouping of what is, midgets in size.

Do not worry, what you couldn't do, or live up to, we will. As we are leaders, setters of standards and conduct. Shapers of time. And you are big collection of, what are individually, midgets in size.

The only ones that get any credit are the ex Voxians. They tried, out of anger, and netted some results. Without, mind you, armies to fallow but just words.

And with that, maybe we can now get back to topic.
[/quote]

It's nice to hear that you guys don't hold a grudge against those that joined Vox.

I'd like to thank Penkala for his contributions to this thread. EDIT: Cortath stole my thunder, see post above.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='03 May 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1272939958' post='2285809']
So I'll again conclude by saying that the SuperGrievances "hegemony" is far, far more merciful and easier to live under than its Pacifican counterpart, but that is in no way a legitimate defence of any action we take, and we must continue to scrutinize our actions despite the fact that we will always be better than you were.
[/quote]
SuperGrievances is far, far more boring. Nobody likes to admit it, but Bob likes war, and with NPO out of power, the kind of outrage that leads to war has been in severely short supply. Look at the overall number of nations on the planet over the past year. Many rulers have just given up.

The funny thing is, you've made your point too well. NPO's foreign policy will be much more conservative now, to avoid getting stomped again. The drama will continue to be lacking, more CBs will be invented just to get some action, and life will remain fairly boring. Unless your objective is making SuperGrievances the new Big Bad, in which case I'll be happy to topple you.

Enjoy your Brave New World.

Edited by bakamitai

[quote name='Cortath' date='03 May 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1272941828' post='2285881']
I'd like to thank our newest propaganda officer for his fine work: Penkala. Keep it up man, you're doing us more good than this humble servant of Pacifica ever could.
[/quote]

[quote name='bakamitai' date='03 May 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1272941975' post='2285887']
I'd like to thank Penkala for his contributions to this thread. He has singlehandedly done more for NPO PR than all of the NPO posters in this thread.[/quote]

Great minds think alike, eh comrade?

Edited by Cortath

[quote name='bakamitai' date='03 May 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1272941975' post='2285887']
SuperGrievances is far, far more boring. Nobody likes to admit it,
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I don't know about you, but I've been saying it for months.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='03 May 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1272942529' post='2285901']
[color="#0000FF"]I don't know about you, but I've been saying it for months.[/color]
[/quote]

I don't think it'll surprise you when I say you have a bit more foresight than others.

[quote name='Cortath' date='03 May 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1272942579' post='2285902']
I don't think it'll surprise you when I say you have a bit more foresight than others.
[/quote]
I don't think there's a complimentary remark you can make to RV that will surprise him.

[quote name='Penkala' date='03 May 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1272936446' post='2285694']
Oh I get it now. This helps a little bit, Reb Reb. It is false, however. When TORN surrendered to Karma NPO talked crap about them. When others 'sat it out' NPO foamed at the mouth. Is your memory really that short Rebby?
[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='03 May 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1272936793' post='2285705']
Took me a few minutes:

Anyways, the conduct of some in the Immortals surrender thread was of course unacceptable. I believe it was dealt with though and don't really see the relevance.
[/quote]

For the record, TORN surrendered, canceled their treaty with NPO, and then disregarded the cancellation clause at the urging of Archon. THEN Mary said that. They were not allies at the time. [i]The situation is completely different.[/i] To be honest, I don't see much point in arguing with you beyond this, since you are probably too thick-skulled to see the difference in the two situations, and that kool-aid must taste pretty good.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='04 May 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1272940351' post='2285827']
Accepting this paragraph requires that you accept the belief that C&G and Superfriends did not conspire with \m/ to lure TOP and IRON into one of the most destructive wars in history, and are not currently providing under the table support to keep the war going on - for well over three months now.

This has been a matter of some dispute.
[/quote]
Sure, in the same way that whether the Earth is spherical or flat is a matter of dispute.

Hint: It's not flat.

[quote name='Cortath' date='03 May 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1272942579' post='2285902']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]How quickly people are to forget this, however. My warnings during Karma seem to have fallen on deaf ears. Then again, people do only hear what they want to hear, and the truth can be rather difficult to swallow for some.

Oh, how I do look forward to the next war. We'll be losing that one. I'm quite sure of it.[/color]

SuperGrievances is far, far more boring. Nobody likes to admit it, but Bob likes war, and with NPO out of power, the kind of outrage that leads to war has been in severely short supply.
[/quote]

And it doesn't matter what we do; we will be the evil, 'just as bad as them' hegemony hypocrites simply just because.

So why even bother?

[quote name='bakamitai' date='04 May 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1272941975' post='2285887']
SuperGrievances is far, far more boring. Nobody likes to admit it, but Bob likes war, and with NPO out of power, the kind of outrage that leads to war has been in severely short supply. Look at the overall number of nations on the planet over the past year. Many rulers have just given up.[/quote]

To be fair, how many of those wars were ever undecided before they started? I wouldn't really call beating down some random alliance once a month interesting.

[quote name='Mixoux' date='03 May 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1272943594' post='2285942']
And it doesn't matter what we do; we will be the evil, 'just as bad as them' hegemony hypocrites simply just because.

So why even bother?
[/quote]

What you do always matters. Once you've crossed the "screw it" bridge and think things don't matter, that's when your foreign policy fails.

Two bits of irony I found a bit funny:

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='03 May 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1272939958' post='2285809']
However, large reparations are certainly not as widespread as they were under the Pacifican regime...[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='03 May 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1272939958' post='2285809']We are, quite simply, way less aggressive and destructive than you were.[/quote]

The fact that the two single largest tangible amounts of reparations to an alliance ever demanded, and the two most destructive wars in history have both been demanded/happened since NPO fell from the top spot.

Not going to argue here, but I found that amusing. :P

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='03 May 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1272939958' post='2285809']So I'll again conclude by saying that the SuperGrievances "hegemony" is far, far more merciful and easier to live under than its Pacifican counterpart, but that is in no way a legitimate defence of any action we take, and we must continue to scrutinize our actions [b]despite the fact that we will always be better than you were.[/b][/quote]That last part of your statement is one of the stupidest things you could have said. Who are you to say what might happen in the future?

[quote name='F15pilotX' date='03 May 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1272946044' post='2286019']The fact that the two single largest tangible amounts of reparations to an alliance ever demanded, and the two most destructive wars in history have both been demanded/happened since NPO fell from the top spot.

Not going to argue here, but I found that amusing. :P[/quote]
I think the reparations demanded of ONOS and the NPONOS Massacre still rank higher than anything that's happened as of recent. Mostly because the reparations of ONOS took what once was the strongest alliance on Maroon, a sanctioned alliance at that, and destroyed it permanently. I am aware that other sanctioned alliances have been destroyed in the past, but all have managed to come back in some way, shape or form. ONOS, on the other hand, went from being sanctioned to decimation. It's one thing to demand thousands of Tech and Financial Reparations from an alliance, but it was quite another for NPO to have demanded to give the control of the ONOS forum to the NPONOS Viceroy or else face further destruction. That was borderline illegal at the time, I'm sad that it wasn't outright against the rules to do such a thing as it is now.

So, please get off your high horse. You and the rest of you NPO Righteous posters. I bet you weren't even around for the NPONOS Incident, because I find it completely insane that you would make such remarks - you obviously can't have been around from that era. I've had too many friends put on PZI and EZI lists by NPO to ever even fathom the thought that anyone could do worse than what NPO did.

Do I hate NPO? No, this is a game, what's done is done. You can't change the past. Is NPO a successful alliance? Why yes, they were basically the victors of the game for years on end. They're making a comeback, and the fact that this thread celebrates the 6th Year of the Order is quite an achievement. For that, I congratulate you. But also, I would like to advise you guys to stick to the "Evil Empire" persona that was once adopted so vehemently by NPO posters of not-long-ago. It fit you guys better, no one played the villain as well as you did. So, stick to that. It's a lot more believable and certainly a lot more acknowledgeable of your position in the Cyberverse.

[quote name='Penkala' date='04 May 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1272935946' post='2285668']
The fact remains that TOP was looking to manufacture a war to bring CnG up against Citadel. Delta can confirm the incident I'm talking about, I'm sure. As can Xiphosis.
[/quote]
Prove it. Until you do, this is a load of !@#$%^&* as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='Mansa Musa' date='04 May 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1272946890' post='2286048']
So, please get off your high horse. You and the rest of you NPO Righteous posters. I bet you weren't even around for the NPONOS Incident, because I find it completely insane that you would make such remarks - you obviously can't have been around from that era. I've had too many friends put on PZI and EZI lists by NPO to ever even fathom the thought that anyone could do worse than what NPO did.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, I was around. I was briefly part of the ONOS occupation staff. Intelligence mainly. Keeping a list of all ONOS members, and making notes of who tried to leave. I ensured that those foolish enough to try such a thing were promptly dealt with. And as for your friends place on PZI lists, yes, I was the one who put them on the list. Once ordered that is. Oh, my list was a remarkable piece of work. Hundreds of enemies of the Pacifican state listed, and watched. Some we would go after, some we would just watch. And then wait. I'd have to say that list was one of the crowning achievements of my career. Really, you could never find a more remarkable list than the one I compiled and maintained.[/color]

Mansa, sad to say, but the NPO that destroyed ONOS... well it's been a few years. If you wanted them to stay that way, you should have joined them and kept them that way, or at least tried to.

Other sanctioned alliances have been completely destroyed since ONOS. GOONS, CDS, GOLD, \m/, Atlantis spring to mind. VE were also disbanded, but it seems pretty clear now that they disbanded under false pretences and never really stayed apart.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='03 May 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1272947337' post='2286064']
Other sanctioned alliances have been completely destroyed since ONOS. GOONS, CDS, GOLD, \m/, Atlantis spring to mind. VE were also disbanded, but it seems pretty clear now that they disbanded under false pretences and never really stayed apart.
[/quote]
GOONS and \m/ are currently still in existence. Notice my use of the words "permanently destroyed". As for CDS, I can not say I am familiar with their circumstances.

If you think the alliances currently named GOONS and \m/ have anything to do with their namesakes disbanded after the Unjust War other than name... well, lol.

GOONS technically doesn't have the same name, as well. In fact, the last time I checked, they were at war with a nation from Neutral Shoving. It's been a while though, maybe they made peace.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='03 May 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1272947552' post='2286072']
If you think the alliances currently named GOONS and \m/ have anything to do with their namesakes disbanded after the Unjust War other than name... well, lol.

GOONS technically doesn't have the same name, as well. In fact, the last time I checked, they were at war with a nation from Neutral Shoving. It's been a while though, maybe they made peace.
[/quote]
I am aware that alliances change over time, especially after they go under and then reform years later. However, please refer to this particular sentence in my first post.
[quote]I am aware that other sanctioned alliances have been destroyed in the past, but [b]all have managed to come back in some way, shape or form[/b].[/quote]

[quote name='F15pilotX' date='03 May 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1272946044' post='2286019']
Two bits of irony I found a bit funny:

The fact that the two single largest tangible amounts of reparations to an alliance ever demanded, and the two most destructive wars in history have both been demanded/happened since NPO fell from the top spot.

Not going to argue here, but I found that amusing. :P

That last part of your statement is one of the stupidest things you could have said. Who are you to say what might happen in the future?
[/quote]

You know, that largest reparations bit is a nice talking point, but is rather misleading. With the hyperinflation of money and tech as time goes on in the Cyberverse, it's only natural that nominal values of reparations would grow, however that doesn't mean that reparations are any more harsh than they were before. If you had a number based on percentage of tech owned, that would mean more.

The inanity of the "two most destructive wars" business should be apparent to everyone.

And lastly, reparations aren't just about money, NPO implemented numerous other terms that alliances would have rather paid tens of thousands of technology than adhere to.

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='04 May 2010 - 06:44 AM' timestamp='1272948251' post='2286086']
You know, that largest reparations bit is a nice talking point, but is rather misleading. [/quote]
No it isnt. It is very factual. But you can downplay it however much you want.

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='04 May 2010 - 06:44 AM' timestamp='1272948251' post='2286086']If you had a number based on percentage of tech owned, that would mean more.[/quote]
We had to pay more then we owned at the end of the war,....not a math guy but I think that is over,...100%

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='04 May 2010 - 06:44 AM' timestamp='1272948251' post='2286086']And lastly, reparations aren't just about money[/quote]

No, its also about time. You can send as much as you can at one point. So if the sum is astronomical enough, you can take out alliances for a year out of it.

I do not care what you think, am not to change your opinion I have a good grip on what that is, I just stated all this to the objective viewer.

Night all.

Edited by Branimir