The Easter Sunday Accords

This is splendid news. Members of now former combatant alliances had previously been told that they cannot participate in transactions in the [url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Techdeals"][u][b]Tech Deals forums[/b][/u][/url] because their alliances were at war. As of now, they are eligible to do so.

Buyers and Sellers who have posted interest in tech deals will be rotated into new and existing transactions shortly.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='flak attack' date='05 April 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1270488821' post='2249285']
You forgot the part where the guy in the suit stabs the guy that's trying to get everyone to calm down and be reasonable.
[/quote]
lolwut? I didn't know that insulting your ally was trying to make them calm down. If you guys were trying to get peace, then why would NpO let TOP hit you?

Best war ever!

o/ TOP, IRON, DAWN, TORN and everyone else on "our side"

Props to GATO, Ronin, OSA, Genesis, I hope you all had as much fun as we did :wub:

special thanks to SirWilliam for his tireless efforts to achieve peace :)

( i really wanted to see that tap dance though :P )

here's hoping that gremlins come to their senses soon :mad:

[quote name='Walford' date='05 April 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1270490037' post='2249312']
This is splendid news. Members of now former combatant alliances had previously been told that they cannot participate in transactions in the [url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Techdeals"][u][b]Tech Deals forums[/b][/u][/url] because their alliances were at war. As of now, they are eligible to do so.

Buyers and Sellers who have posted interest in tech deals will be rotated into new and existing transactions shortly.
[/quote]
Good lord you're still around?

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='05 April 2010 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1270487480' post='2249254']
"GRE is holding up the peace process by preventing their friends from peacing out! Their friends should declare peace and leave GRE to their fate!"

... everybody but GRE peaces out ...

"GRE is preventing IRON from paying their reparations, shame on GRE!"
[/quote]

what's funny is that it works both ways.

the gremlins are left out? good. i hope iron stomps them they are nothing like the gremlins i once was in.

good luck to all parties; did sparta even do anything? this isn't meant to insult them, this is an honest question as i didnt pay attention to them.

IRON will be fine. Theres only like 5 active members in gRAMs anyway.

I'm looking forward to the day when alliance numbered 5, 9, 15, 18 (oh especially number 18), and 22 all get whats coming to them.

The clocks ticking guys. ;)

Edited by Consul of Monkeys

[quote name='Consul of Monkeys' date='05 April 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1270491898' post='2249352']

I'm looking forward to the day when alliance numbered 5, 9, 15, 18 (oh especially number 18), and 22 all get whats coming to them.

[/quote]
Not even a day after you surrender you're already throwing out threats. the NSO is strong in this one

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1270479245' post='2249097']
Just becsude they are cliches doesnt mean they do not reflect the truth of this situation. Dismissing them as nothing but cliches is the arguement of an "enabler of evil"©
[/quote]

Those quotes are subjective. NPO & allies thought they were good and those that stood against them evil. Just because you say someone/something is evil does not automatically make it so.

[quote name='wickedj' date='05 April 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1270492156' post='2249359']
Not even a day after you surrender you're already throwing out threats. the NSO is strong in this one
[/quote]

Have you learned nothing from this war? Threats only count if they are from gov't members. Average members can say anything they want and it doesn't matter.

To all of those questioning Sparta's reps. Whether you agree with them or not, "To the victor go the spoils of war". The terms have been agreed to by both sides and at this point it's all moot. Good luck to everyone rebuilding and hopefully we can all build back up and blow each other up again someday in the future :awesome:

I know who will be ready :smug:

[quote name='James I' date='05 April 2010 - 07:53 AM' timestamp='1270468365' post='2248979']
These are properly labelled the Easter Monday Accords though. <_<
[/quote]
It was still Sunday in the righteous timezone when this was announced. <_<

[quote name='bigwoody' date='05 April 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1270477906' post='2249071']
On Blackwater and OBR v. TORN, a de facto peace exists on that front and a de jure peace will be announced separately at a later time, as I understand.
[/quote]
That is my understanding as well.

[quote name='Lukcia' date='05 April 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1270480215' post='2249115']
And also, I'm curious as to how you find this a victory when 5 alliances managed to hold off over 35 for all this time. ;) Does it not seem like outnumbering by about 7/8 to 1 didn't work? xD
[/quote]
[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1270482166' post='2249161']
The "victors" won on paper.. The actual war battle was won by "defeated". If the "victors" had continued to dance so to speak it would have continued to hurt them more then the "defeated" thus terms came out.

So yes, in all stand points outside of being extorted for tech 5 alliances did indeed hold off 35.
[/quote]
I fail to see how any of that invalidates all other circumstances and results in the interpretation that the victors were anything but.

[quote name='RustyNail' date='05 April 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1270483542' post='2249195']
For all intents and purposes, this war is over. Gre continues to prosecute their own personal agenda that evidence would say, the majority of the world is against. Should we not consider their war a whole new aggressive action against IRON and DAWN? Should the allies of IRON and DAWN that are capable not defend their treaty partners? Afterall, it's not the same war and none of Gre's allies or former comrades in arms support their actions so what would you all say to that course of action? I'm sure MHA would say they would defend Gre no matter that their actions are foolish at best but I really would like the opinion of the greater body to their thoughts on the matter.
[/quote]
I can't speak for others, but I'm fairly certain that if Grämlins were attacked it would draw considerable ire from their allies and friends. Whether anyone feels it's a separate war changes that very little.

[quote name='wickedj' date='05 April 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1270492156' post='2249359']
[/quote]
Rather the Xiphosis school of thought, see page two of this thread for reference.

[quote name='Consul of Monkeys' date='05 April 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1270491898' post='2249352']

[/quote]

Which ones were we again? I wrote it down on some piece of paper and lost it :(

Congratulations on Peace!
Great to hear :)

All of these wars going on, I almost forgot what peace was like :frantic:
... as did my population.... hmm wondering, will I ever get them back?
I was never involved in these wars, but with the GRL/Env I lost quite a few.

Edit: spell check

Edited by Gracy O Malley

[quote name='Consul of Monkeys' date='05 April 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1270491898' post='2249352']

[/quote]
5 - 5) World Task Force
9 - 9) Fark
15 - 15) Mushroom Kingdom
18 (oh especially number 18) - 18) RANDOM INSANITY ALLIANCE
22 - 22) Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations

That is an odd assortment of alliances to hold a grudge against.

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='05 April 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1270492746' post='2249374']

I can't speak for others, but I'm fairly certain that if Grämlins were attacked it would draw considerable ire from their allies and friends. Whether anyone feels it's a separate war changes that very little.
[/quote]

Oh I have no doubt it would draw their ire, I'm merely seeking thoughts and opinions. I think eventually everyone is going to want their reps and GRE keeping that from happening will get old. It's not smart politically or in a future security sense to pursue this course of action. Friends can turn to enemies at the blink of an eye around here and preventing alliances from getting tech is a good way to get blowed up :ehm:

This may be 'new and exciting to gRAMlins but to everyone else, it's just prolonging the boredom and preventing everyone from moving on.

How many nations are being held hostage to one ruler's whims? On both sides, how many are being held up from receiving their reps? Talk about your ego boost. Just something to think about.

[quote name='Consul of Monkeys' date='05 April 2010 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1270491898' post='2249352']

[/quote]
Remember what happened [i]the last time[/i] somebody tried to give us what was coming to us? :smug:

Thank Admin this cluster%^*# is finally over, congrats on the peace (extra kudos for some white peace, I won't say anything about the reps since there's enough of that) the only thing that'll be getting my complaints & grievances here (couldn't resist - X_X) is Gre - you've hit rock bottom (tbh, maybe gone beyond rock bottom) - my 2 cents

yah peace (classy move IRON: your allies are glad to have you ^_^)

Well, that was a whole lot of glowing green and fighting and dieing. I can't beleive I was in one of the last set of wars against Matt Miller and he still had 10K tech for his nukes. Those hurt like heck.

Good fight and very friendly too all the people I fought both IRON and TOP