The Easter Sunday Accords

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AirMe' date='05 April 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1270481610' post='2249149']
Alterego, his point is that, Gremlins do not have the nations or the resources to destroy IRON.
[/quote]
They can still try and with everyone on their side ready to defend them it just means no peace for an already devastated IRON for as long as Gramlins have the backing of their friends in this.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='05 April 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1270480803' post='2249133']
That's amusing with all the calls for the victors to end the war already. The victors in this conflict could have kept up this conflict indefinitely if they so desired, so the defeated here didn't really "hold off" anything.
[/quote]

The "victors" won on paper.. The actual war battle was won by "defeated". If the "victors" had continued to dance so to speak it would have continued to hurt them more then the "defeated" thus terms came out. Though 700,000 tech in less then a year is still extortion if you ask me, and I can't remember on time in less then a year tC ever collected that much tech. But its okay now cause it's C&G doing it, and CN has mega Inflation apparently.

So yes, in all stand points outside of being extorted for tech 5 alliances did indeed hold off 35.

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1270482121' post='2249160']
They can still try and with everyone on their side ready to defend them it just means no peace for an already devastated IRON for as long as Gramlins have the backing of their friends in this.
[/quote]

No one is backing Gremlins....they are the only one from this side still on the field of battle....

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1270482121' post='2249160']
[/quote]

I hope you realize Gramlins only has one military treaty left. We've already left the war.

[quote name='AirMe' date='05 April 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1270482188' post='2249163']
No one is backing Gremlins....they are the only one from this side still on the field of battle....
[/quote]
Your side is denying IRON any assistance with the threat of force and enabling Gramlins keep this going for as long as they like.

[quote name='fallin' date='05 April 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1270482373' post='2249165']
I hope you realize Gramlins only has one military treaty left. We've already left the war.
[/quote]
At least 3 or 4 alliances from your side entered the war using paperless treaties.

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1270482483' post='2249168']
Your side is denying IRON any assistance with the threat of force and enabling Gramlins keep this going for as long as they like.
[/quote]

There is nothing against people changing AA to fight with IRON against Gremlins. If you are that outraged go help your brothers in IRON out.

I have no doubt that given time, IRON will grind Gremlins down and win.

[quote name='Lukcia' date='05 April 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1270480215' post='2249115']
o/ Peace in our Time.

And also, I'm curious as to how you find this a victory when 5 alliances managed to hold off over 35 for all this time. ;) Does it not seem like outnumbering by about 7/8 to 1 didn't work? xD

(I'm not counting the tiny 0.05 score alliances.)
[/quote]
How do you figure it's "holding off" when you're just getting punched over and over in the face again? That's like saying a grown man fighting a teenage kid, both of whom stay in the fight but the adult male beats the snot out of the little kid for the entire duration of it after one sucker punch is a fight where the teenage child is "holding his own"

Sorry brah, they got curbstomped.

[quote name='AirMe' date='05 April 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1270482700' post='2249173']
There is nothing against people changing AA to fight with IRON against Gremlins. If you are that outraged go help your brothers in IRON out.

I have no doubt that given time, IRON will grind Gremlins down and win.
[/quote]
I would put money on anyone doing that being sanctioned and beaten off the planet as a rogue.

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1270482483' post='2249168']
[/quote]

Alter this situation is only bad when NPO, and friends do it to FAN. As long as its their "side" doing it, it is okay. The side of power has changed, not the actual moral standards that Karma "based" itself on.

Edited by CloudGT4

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1270482799' post='2249175']
I would put money on anyone doing that being sanctioned and beaten off the planet as a rogue.
[/quote]

And you would have me screaming in outrage over it. It happens in every war. People in alliances uninvolved will hop over to an alliance who is fighting to get a piece. It isn't unprecedented and people don't really care.

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1270482166' post='2249161']
The "victors" won on paper.. The actual war battle was won by "defeated". If the "victors" had continued to dance so to speak it would have continued to hurt them more then the "defeated" thus terms came out. Though 700,000 tech in less then a year is still extortion if you ask me, and I can't remember on time in less then a year tC ever collected that much tech. But its okay now cause it's C&G doing it, and CN has mega Inflation apparently.

So yes, in all stand points outside of being extorted for tech 5 alliances did indeed hold off 35.
[/quote]

You have to understand how CN has changed. Today nations have a lot more aid slots than they did back when NPO was in control. So these reps are very lenient considering it will be much easier for these alliances to pay their reps. It was much harder to send out aid a couple years ago.

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1270482483' post='2249168']
[/quote]

Firstly, Gramlins fought with us. They lost infra for us. It would be an absolute form of disrespect to the nations of the said alliance for us to attack them. We might not agree with them politically, but Admin help us if we ever attack the people that came to our defense in our time of need.

Alterego, I can understand that you have your opinion and I have mine.

However, some opinions are more supportable by truth and fact than others.

The truth is, Gramlins, given their current stats isn't going to "destroy" IRON. Without any form of allied back-up, I question the overall wisdom of Gramlins continuing to engage in war with IRON. At current moment, IRON has a score of 16.21 while Gramlins has a score of 14.18 (Statistics cited from today's ASR. Much love to Gopher). Considering IRON has 4 times as many nations as Gramlins, I'd wager that Gramlins will be hurt more than IRON in this extended campaign.

The truth is, MHA government has already spoken to our allies about their actions and ultimately, it is within the internal jurisdiction and sovereignty of Gramlins bout whether they'd like to continue the war or not. The Gramlins are our brothers. They are not our puppets.

And with that, I hope you can see it from my point of view.

Edited by fallin

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1270482907' post='2249177']
Alter this situation is only bad when NPO, and friends do it to FAN. As long as its their "side" doing it, it is okay. The side of power has changed, not the actual moral standards that Karma "based" itself on.
[/quote]

You were in love with this "side" and hated that "side" not more than a month ago.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='05 April 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1270482954' post='2249180']
You have to understand how CN has changed. Today nations have a lot more aid slots than they did back when NPO was in control. So these reps are very lenient considering it will be much easier for these alliances to pay their reps. It was much harder to send out aid a couple years ago.
[/quote]

yet it was only 8 months ago NPO had power. You mean to tell me we ( as in planet bob) didn't have WRC's and nooks already back then? The inflation excuse is getting wore out, and really doesn't hold enough water to excuse 700,000 tech in less then one years time.

[quote name='fallin' date='05 April 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1270483086' post='2249181']
Firstly, Gramlins fought with us. They lost infra for us. It would be an absolute form of disrespect to the nations of the said alliance for us to attack them. We might not agree with them politically, but Admin help us if we ever attack the people that came to our defense in our time of need.

Alterego, I can understand that you have your opinion and I have mine.

However, some opinions are more supportable by truth and fact than others.

The truth is, Gramlins, given their current stats isn't going to "destroy" IRON. Without any form of allied back-up, I question the overall wisdom of Gramlins continuing to engage in war with IRON. At current moment, IRON has a score of 16.21 while Gramlins has a score of 14.18 . Considering IRON has 4 times as many nations as Gramlins, I'd wager that Gramlins will be hurt more than IRON in this extended campaign.

The truth is, MHA government has already spoken to our allies about their actions and ultimately, it is within the internal jurisdiction and sovereignty of Gramlins bout whether they'd like to continue the war or not. The Gramlins are our brothers. They are not our puppets.

And with that, I hope you can see it from my point of view.
[/quote]

Yes, because IRON is certainly in shape to take on an alliance with the best top tier in the game currently. I guess it won't hurt IRON to have all their nations held below a certain NS level.

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1270483285' post='2249187']
yet it was only 8 months ago NPO had power. You mean to tell me we ( as in planet bob) didn't have WRC's and nooks already back then? The inflation excuse is getting wore out, and really doesn't hold enough water to excuse 700,000 tech in less then one years time.
[/quote]

That was the point of my post...

[quote name='o ya baby' date='05 April 2010 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1270482714' post='2249174']
How do you figure it's "holding off" when you're just getting punched over and over in the face again? That's like saying a grown man fighting a teenage kid, both of whom stay in the fight but the adult male beats the snot out of the little kid for the entire duration of it after one sucker punch is a fight where the teenage child is "holding his own"

Sorry brah, they got curbstomped.
[/quote]
I know exactly what you mean, but it's a bit like having 5 men attacking the teenager, and the teenager managing to continue taking a beating for many hours and still able to somewhat walk away, albeit very bloodied and worse for wear. It's just how I see things.

[quote name='Ramirus Maximus' date='29 January 2010 - 11:13 AM' timestamp='1264745590' post='2139526']
Ladies and Gentlemen of Bob,

It is time for the Harmlin to enter this fray. IRON and their minions have brought untoward aggression against our friends and the Harmlins shall see our way in to protect them. We are prepared to stand and fight among our many friends as they stand and fight for theirs.

With that said, Harmlins have their towels ready and hereby declare war on IRON.

Signed for MHA:
Jadoo1989 - Triumvir
Draden - Triumvir
Pudge1975 - Triumvir

Signed for GRE:
RamirusMaximus - Judicator
Synth_FG - Executor
Matthew PK - Acting Praetor
[/quote]

Ramirus, your CB has expired, let the war expire too.

Allow me to fan the flames a little:

For all intents and purposes, this war is over. Gre continues to prosecute their own personal agenda that evidence would say, the majority of the world is against. Should we not consider their war a whole new aggressive action against IRON and DAWN? Should the allies of IRON and DAWN that are capable not defend their treaty partners? Afterall, it's not the same war and none of Gre's allies or former comrades in arms support their actions so what would you all say to that course of action? I'm sure MHA would say they would defend Gre no matter that their actions are foolish at best but I really would like the opinion of the greater body to their thoughts on the matter.

Just curious.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='05 April 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1270483341' post='2249188']
Yes, because IRON is certainly in shape to take on an alliance with the best top tier in the game currently. I guess it won't hurt IRON to have all their nations held below a certain NS level.
[/quote]

That may be so, but its far from "destroying" IRON as has been claimed. This IRON vs Gramlins war isn't stacked up against IRON the way the old curbstomps were. Most definitely not a scenario where the winning side had upwards of 3-4 times the total NS of the losing side. I don't personally expect IRON to be stomped by Gramlins.

[quote name='RustyNail' date='05 April 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1270483542' post='2249195']
Allow me to fan the flames a little:

For all intents and purposes, this war is over. Gre continues to prosecute their own personal agenda that evidence would say, the majority of the world is against. Should we not consider their war a whole new aggressive action against IRON and DAWN? Should the allies of IRON and DAWN that are capable not defend their treaty partners? Afterall, it's not the same war and none of Gre's allies or former comrades in arms support their actions so what would you all say to that course of action? I'm sure MHA would say they would defend Gre no matter that their actions are foolish at best but I really would like the opinion of the greater body to their thoughts on the matter.

Just curious.
[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. The war is over, so GRE is in my view starting a new war. So if IRON's treaty partners rushed to her aid, would they be bad?

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1270484136' post='2249200']
I was wondering the same thing. The war is over, so GRE is in my view starting a new war. So if IRON's treaty partners rushed to her aid, would they be bad?
[/quote]

No, but that's just my opinion.