The Easter Sunday Accords

[quote name='USMC123' date='06 April 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1270508783' post='2249664']
I swear... You're like the old man at the retirement home who is really opinionated and just shouts out random nonsense to back up his arguments, regardless of whether it makes sense or not.
[/quote]

Would that make you one of the nurses who has to change the bed pan, or one of the other residents who is forced to listen?(since you chose to respond) :)

Congrats on peace, for those that got it, next war should be interesting although this had it all. The bawing, the moral outrage, the terms, perpetual war it had it all but the NPO. Funny, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1270508249' post='2249651']
Those enablers are MHA & C&G, they dished out terms of a year to NPO and have repeated it. Except this time Gramlins are being allowed to hold IRON hostage by MHA & C&G who will attack anyone who helps IRON get out of the their perma war by Gramlins.

[b]Crimes by C&G and allies since the Karma war:[/b]
Draconian terms ☑
Banning of people from governments ☑
Holding an alliance in a permanent state of war. ☑
More draconian terms ☑
[/quote]

You forgot to add "overall smugness" to our list of crimes. We also recently forced Vanguard to disband. Not only that, but we stipulated that most of them had to join us once their alliance was gone. Talk about worse than the hegemony indeed.

[quote name='Thorgrum' date='05 April 2010 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1270509115' post='2249675']
Would that make you one of the nurses who has to change the bed pan, or one of the other residents who is forced to listen?(since you chose to respond) :)

Congrats on peace, for those that got it, next war should be interesting although this had it all. The bawing, the moral outrage, the terms, perpetual war it had it all but the NPO. Funny, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
[/quote]

Well, I was a dishwasher at one of these homes before taking rule of USMC Nation so....

[quote name='USMC123' date='06 April 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1270508783' post='2249664']
I swear... You're like the old man at the retirement home who is really opinionated and just shouts out random nonsense to back up his arguments, regardless of whether it makes sense or not.
[/quote]
Get off my lawn!

[img]http://safetybriefs.org/wp-content/uploads/old-man.jpg[/img]

[quote name='delendum' date='06 April 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1270509315' post='2249681']
You forgot to add "overall smugness" to our list of crimes. We also recently forced Vanguard to disband. Not only that, but we stipulated that most of them had to join us once their alliance was gone. Talk about worse than the hegemony indeed.
[/quote]
Yeah the curse of TDSM8 strikes again, MK will be next.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1270509399' post='2249684']
Get off my lawn!

[/quote]

Well played good sir. Well played.

[quote name='Alterego' date='06 April 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1270509399' post='2249684']
Get off my lawn!

Yeah the curse of TDSM8 strikes again, MK will be next.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if you'd really want that, think of us as a cyst in Bob's stomach: if it breaks, then all that smugness and lulz will spread and infect most alliances out there.

Conga rats to all involved.

Special shoutout to Carl from TOP, he was good fun on irc and was always pleasant to talk to, even though I was never within his range to attack him like I said I would, he was a good sport throughout the conflict, even when I was drunk and hated everyone (ask voytek) Kudos to you good sir :)

Edit: added more words

Edited by Shep309

[quote name='Omas Nams' date='05 April 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1270507706' post='2249643']
I don't want to get dragged into this but ... you cannot call it a hostage situation as that implied there is no way out. You have the ability to get out of the situation you are complaining about, if you don't want to take that option then so be it. But there is still the ability to get out of it.
[/quote]

They have the choice between remaining at war, or agreeing to become Gramlins slaves. To me, that would be a very easy choice to make.

I cant seem to bring myself to write 'congrats' here.....go figure

I am glad that at least a great portion of the crowd gathered around kicking a wounded beast has decided to move on though. Thats something I suppose.

Oh and before I forget, Poor showing Gre! Its sad to see that ramirezWedge has shown true colors...

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='05 April 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1270442167' post='2248562']
Hi. Surely you shouldn't be worrying about us already, you and SF just secured your political dominance for the foreseeable future. Enjoy your time at the top, it's good to be king.
[/quote]

None of us are really 'worried', but none of us are stupid or complacent either. I, for one, can't wait.

[quote name='Doitzel' date='05 April 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1270511644' post='2249736']
[citation needed]
[/quote]

Unconditional surrender. According to the Annonymous Non Government Gramlin, "[i]It means, IRON consents to do what ever we say, when ever we say.[/i]"

That's slavery.

Citation : [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83465&view=findpost&p=2248207"]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83465&view=findpost&p=2248207[/url]

[quote]Perhaps. I'd like to think the relative justice of the terms lie more in the numbers than in the fact we are paying reparations.

That said, paying reparations were a given and I'm not faulting your coalition on asking them. My point would rather be: let's not set bad precedents by which the next terms can be judged. If people are too quick to label these terms as "merciful", I wish them luck and hope they won't end up on the other end of the stick. We're being asked - in TOP - to pay 33,750 units of tech a month, ammounting to 60.1% of our current technology. [/quote]

No, you're being asked to send 142k technology -- 31.2% of the total technology on your alliance affiliation. That percentage is also high because you have other nations off your AA with tens of thousands of tech. So you're being asked for about 30% of your tech, or less than one third. Let's not twist the facts here, please. :)

Just wanted to make that clear if it wasn't already rebutted.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='05 April 2010 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1270512886' post='2249760']
Hooray for peace. Maybe now my environment will stop sucking.
[/quote]

I, for one, hope the GRL raises again due to something unforeseen, just to make people cry over their lost improvement slots.

[quote name='Some-Guy' date='05 April 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1270466394' post='2248956']Son, while there's breath in these here lungs, you'll never see TOP march with the NPO ever again.[/quote]
Yes, because the level of evil we inflicted on you, can not even compare to what you have experienced since you dropped us, from your "friends" and others, right? And also, its not like NPO was there with a friendly face even before a unshaped conglomeration of nations morphed into the AA you carry now,....nothing like that.

Dont worry cupcake, nobody in BR is itching to have anything to do with you, as well. Actually, they mostly do not care, as I do not, but the level of dislike contained in your post just baffled me to respond. Really, now? All I can say is L.O.L.

Also to address the premise how a rematch of these alliances plus NPO is the next major thing coming--- lol. Not only its not realistic considering that alliances which got their whooping now and in the "karma war" are just now looking to survive and keep in one piece and are no match to "get" anybody (I am sure that if NPO even farted in a elevator with some of you after our terms we would get gang banged and there is nothing we could really do) but also, the big scene now completely belongs to other players and its just the nature of things that the next big thing must come from them. It will be something, nobody of us can really guess right now.

[quote name='AirMe' date='05 April 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1270479192' post='2249095']
Given the month + of negotiations that went into these reps, yes these are VERY reasonable given the amount of back and forth that went into these. These are something that both sides truly work to. Where as in the past it was take these terms or we disband you. At no point was it ever said to TTItD that "these are your terms, take these or you will never see any ever again." Which is a line that was uttered A LOT prior to Karma. You cannot compare how negotiations have gone down from Karma on to the way negotiations were handled prior.
[/quote]
We got the terms we could, still quite harsh as a whole. My point stands, you're just choosing to ignore it.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='05 April 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1270505467' post='2249604']
Oooohhh. Now I get what you were talking about on IRC.

Also, I have to admit I'm getting quite a kick out of everyone commenting on my first post while immediately (conveniently?) ignoring the second. I'd love to see how these people spoke during the noCB war, and don't worry folks - should you come against us again and happen to win, I'm quite expecting you to lay down Hegemony-esque terms.
[/quote]
Actually assuming the next war finds you and I on opposite sides (far from certain given some of the potential fault lines my think tank projects), and myself victorious...

Some of us actually believe in what we say about breaking the cycle of revenge reps, and have the guts to walk the walk when the time comes.

Until then, we will see what the fates have in store for the world.

[quote name='Branimir' date='05 April 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1270513423' post='2249768']
Yes, because the level of evil we inflicted on you, can not even compare to what you have experienced since you dropped us, from your "friends" and others, right? And also, its not like NPO was there with a friendly face even before a unshaped conglomeration of nations morphed into the AA you carry now,....nothing like that.

Dont worry cupcake, nobody in BR is itching to have anything to do with you, as well. Actually, they mostly do not care, as I do not, but the level of dislike contained in your post just baffled me to respond. Really, now? All I can say is L.O.L.

Also to address the premise how a rematch of these alliances plus NPO is the next major thing coming--- lol. Not only its not realistic considering that alliances which got their whooping now and in the "karma war" are just now looking to survive and keep in one piece and are no match to "get" anybody (I am sure that if NPO even farted in a elevator with some of you after our terms we would get gang banged and there is nothing we could really do) but also, the big scene now completely belongs to other players and its just the nature of things that the next big thing must come from them. It will be something, nobody of us can really guess right now.
[/quote]

I am holding you to these words my friend. Because if the stupid rumors I hear about the NPO and their plans come true I am holding you personally responsible. :nuke::ehm:

[quote name='AirMe' date='06 April 2010 - 02:29 AM' timestamp='1270513743' post='2249775']
I am holding you to these words my friend. Because if the stupid rumors I hear about the NPO and their plans come true I am holding you personally responsible. :nuke::ehm:
[/quote]

Lol, just use your head for a second. How are we suppose to "get" anyone, while we have really, just a handful of friends which are all beaten up (courtesy of this and previous war, lol) and there is still enough haters out there that if we even looked at them the wrong way would bring the avalanche of gazillion of alliances on us.

Using the NPO as the bogeyman to be the glue for a lot of your ties, is quite an empty propaganda rhetoric.

[quote name='Branimir' date='05 April 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1270514068' post='2249784']
Lol, just use your head for a second. How are we suppose to "get" anyone, while we have really, just a handful of friends which are all beaten up (courtesy of this and previous war, lol) and there is still enough haters out there that if we even looked at them the wrong way would bring the avalanche of gazillion of alliances on us.

Using the NPO as the bogeyman to be the glue for a lot of your ties, is quite an empty propaganda rhetoric.
[/quote]

You and I both know that logic and reason have no place in this world.