The Easter Sunday Accords

[quote name='fallin' date='05 April 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1270483596' post='2249197']
That may be so, but its far from "destroying" IRON as has been claimed. This IRON vs Gramlins war isn't stacked up against IRON the way the old curbstomps were. Most definitely not a scenario where the winning side had upwards of 3-4 times the total NS of the losing side. I don't personally expect IRON to be stomped by Gramlins.
[/quote]

Look how the NS levels are stacking, our nations cant effectively grow, they can cut us off at certain NS levels, which significantly magnifies the harshness of the terms. The nations that are most capable of funding the reps will be exactly the ones Gre can easily destroy.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jasmines Jewels' date='05 April 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1270481323' post='2249142']
Onwards to the next conflict. TheAUT vs Penkala or Letum vs Denial. I'm running out of popcorn.
[/quote]
TheAUT vs Penkala is pretty much the stupidest fight ever. Letum vs Denial is just ever growing walls of text being sent back and forth so that it quickly becomes tl;dr. I'm sure there's something better than that!

[quote name='RustyNail' date='05 April 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1270483542' post='2249195']
Allow me to fan the flames a little:

For all intents and purposes, this war is over. Gre continues to prosecute their own personal agenda that evidence would say, the majority of the world is against. Should we not consider their war a whole new aggressive action against IRON and DAWN?
[/quote]

A good argument could be made for both positions. I think the real question is, would anyone fault them if they did cite it as a whole new aggressive action, whether or not it actually is?

I wouldn't.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='o ya baby' date='05 April 2010 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1270482714' post='2249174']
How do you figure it's "holding off" when you're just getting punched over and over in the face again? That's like saying a grown man fighting a teenage kid, both of whom stay in the fight but the adult male beats the snot out of the little kid for the entire duration of it after one sucker punch is a fight where the teenage child is "holding his own"

Sorry brah, they got curbstomped.
[/quote]

Here's how it really went down:

A classy upstanding man was walking down the street in a business suit on his way to donate money at a charity event. He crossed over into an ally when he saw a man in a blue shirt confronting some little punk thieves who had robbed a helpless lady earlier that day. Meanwhile a large group of thugs was closing in and began yelling insults and throwing rocks at the man. One of the thugs pulled out a switchblade and said "I'm gonna to kill you esse." The man had two choices, he could either run away and abandon the man in the blue shirt or he could stay and fight. The man stopped for a second to contemplate his options and then suddenly charged after the group of thugs. The thugs were stunned and one after the other they were knocked to the ground. Before the man could even finish with the group of thugs a large mob came at him with knives and bats. The man fought his hardest and out of the corner of his eyes he saw the man in the blue shirt grab a baseball bat and come toward him. The man was relieved and thought he might actually survive the fight, then out of no where the man in the blue shirt swung the bat at his face knocking him to the ground. The man in the blue shirt stood over him and said "Sorry, I know you tried to help me, but these guys went to the same school as me." As the man slowly attempted to get to his feet he saw his Dutch friend who he had known since he was a child. His Dutch friend had lately fallen into the wrong crowd, but surely he still cared for the man and would yell at the thugs to get them to leave. Instead his Dutch friend judo kicked him the head knocking him out. The group of thugs continued to beat on the man for a few more hours and when they decided they had had enough they robbed him of his wallet and his car keys.

[quote name='RustyNail' date='05 April 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1270483542' post='2249195']
Allow me to fan the flames a little:

For all intents and purposes, this war is over. Gre continues to prosecute their own personal agenda that evidence would say, the majority of the world is against. Should we not consider their war a whole new aggressive action against IRON and DAWN? Should the allies of IRON and DAWN that are capable not defend their treaty partners? Afterall, it's not the same war and none of Gre's allies or former comrades in arms support their actions so what would you all say to that course of action? I'm sure MHA would say they would defend Gre no matter that their actions are foolish at best but I really would like the opinion of the greater body to their thoughts on the matter.

Just curious.
[/quote]

I don't think the case can be made for calling it a new war since no new declarations have been made. At most, it could be considered a new chapter in the same book.

As for the speculation on the contest between IRON and Gre, there is no way Gre will be able to pressure IRON anymore. They are good fighters and tacticians, but even with their NS advantage, they lack the man power. IRON has enough people to rotate in and out. Gre got a big boost when they absorbed their protectorate but the Filipinos were poor fighters and not prepared at all. Under direction of Gre they will probably do better but over all I expect a stalemate.

Now that several IRON fronts have cleared, their morale will improve giving them room to focus on their remaining opponent. Conversely, being left on the battlefield is probably a detriment to the morale and strategic position of Gre. The best bet, imo, is for Gre to offer modest terms. The longer the conflict goes, the closer it will turn to white peace.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='05 April 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1270484932' post='2249217']

A classy upstanding man was walking down the street in a business suit on his way to donate money at a charity event. He crossed over into an ally when he saw a man in a blue shirt confronting some little punk thieves who had robbed a helpless lady earlier that day. Meanwhile a large group of thugs was closing in and began yelling insults and throwing rocks at the man. One of the thugs pulled out a switchblade and said "I'm gonna to kill you esse." The man had two choices, he could either run away and abandon the man in the blue shirt or he could stay and fight. The man stopped for a second to contemplate his options and then suddenly charged after the group of thugs. The thugs were stunned and one after the other they were knocked to the ground. Before the man could even finish with the group of thugs a large mob came at him with knives and bats. The man fought his hardest and out of the corner of his eyes he saw the man in the blue shirt grab a baseball bat and come toward him. The man was relieved and thought he might actually survive the fight, then out of no where the man in the blue shirt swung the bat at his face knocking him to the ground. The man in the blue shirt stood over him and said "Sorry, I know you tried to help me, but these guys went to the same school as me." As the man slowly attempted to get to his feet he saw his Dutch friend who he had known since he was a child. His Dutch friend had lately fallen into the wrong crowd, but surely he still cared for the man and would yell at the thugs to get them to leave. Instead his Dutch friend judo kicked him the head knocking him out. The group of thugs continued to beat on the man for a few more hours and when they decided they had had enough they robbed him of his wallet and his car keys.
[/quote]
Possibly the funniest thing I have ever read, and not only for the delusions.

Vladimir... Um... Would you happen to have some free time at hands? We will be releasing new issue of Don't Panic soon, and this is [s]simply great![/s] evil propaganda. I'm not 100% sure, but IMO our editors would [s]be thrilled[/s] allow to run some [s]cool articles written from other point of view[/s] propaganda about this past war/it's ending. Could be good way to [s]rebuild good relations [/s] know the enemy.

As to "is this a new war"?

Not quite. The merit of this war was the TOP and IRON v CnG front. But as MHA's involvement with GGA, NADC, Echelon and MCXA was still part of the same front, Gremlins fighting IRON after others back out - is still the same war (even more so).
[b]If[/b] an alliance would join in - it might start a new war. But alliances that agreed not to rejoin this conflict - are still bound not to do so. Should they re-enter... well, then new war / old war will be semantics differentiation only.

To continue Vladimir's metaphor - the businessman's friend (I passed other pick for this out of respect for IRON) now can't get back home, because one of the guys from the alley is standing with a bat between him and his car. But should other concerned citizens go out of the Community Club see this picture and start attacking the bloke with bat - well the fella in blue shirt (because I guess it was supposed to be MHA?) is [s]in the bar across the street, having taco[/s] in the pawn-shop, cashing in a golden-tooth.

[ooc: it's sort of like WWII as Russia and Japan never signed peace.]

[quote name='Lukcia' date='05 April 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1270483446' post='2249192']
I know exactly what you mean, but it's a bit like having 5 men attacking the teenager, and the teenager managing to continue taking a beating for many hours and still able to somewhat walk away, albeit very bloodied and worse for wear. It's just how I see things.
[/quote]
All these analogies are useless and stupid (as our friend Stukov helped demonstrate).

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1270482166' post='2249161']
The "victors" won on paper.. The actual war battle was won by "defeated". If the "victors" had continued to dance so to speak it would have continued to hurt them more then the "defeated" thus terms came out. Though 700,000 tech in less then a year is still extortion if you ask me, and I can't remember on time in less then a year tC ever collected that much tech. But its okay now cause it's C&G doing it, and CN has mega Inflation apparently.

So yes, in all stand points outside of being extorted for tech 5 alliances did indeed hold off 35.
[/quote]
"We won except for getting crushed."

"GRE is holding up the peace process by preventing their friends from peacing out! Their friends should declare peace and leave GRE to their fate!"

... everybody but GRE peaces out ...

"GRE is preventing IRON from paying their reparations, shame on GRE!"

Congratulations on reaching peace. Although i would have preferred to see a white peace all around this was clearly not an option considering how polarized the two sides were.

Good luck to all involved.

A special shoutout goes to FARK as an alliance, it was great battling you, you knew your stuff well and still were fun to talk to. Spanky and Persephone especially :P
IAA were also very polite, and Voodoo a friendly person to talk to.
My thanks goes to Sir William, he worked very hard to and reasonably to get the peace we have today.

But above all, kudos to our friends and allies in IRON, TOP, TSO and TORN, one couldn't ask for better partners, and I am sure we will continue talking to each other :P

Well, the CnG conflict is over, now let's work on defeating Grämlins and make them realize that they would have been better off taking our money and tech instead of getting theirs slowly destroyed by us instead.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='05 April 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1270484932' post='2249217']

[/quote]
You forgot the part where the guy in the suit stabs the guy that's trying to get everyone to calm down and be reasonable.