Poison Clan Announcement

[quote name='Augusta Antonia' date='12 March 2010 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1268376665' post='2223198']
RDD is nowhere near big enough to attack Athens and never has been. To DoW on Athens would not be a very strategic move, but in your blind hatred you fail to either 1. Realize that fact or 2. Acknowledge that fact. And dude...creepy obsession is creepy. May I suggest getting a hobby?
[/quote]

It wasnt very strategic in NOCB for Athens to DoW NPO...but we did. Also, when you DoWd RIA in Karma, Athens and RDD was essentially the same size..in fact, you were much more top heavy. So, strategically, it would have been just as sound a move as DoWing RIA...none of that matters to this topic however. This is about your "interest" in seeing an alliance "do the right thing"...and the fact that doing the right thing is only important if it is not you who has to do the doing. The history speaks for itself.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='12 March 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1268377139' post='2223201']
It wasnt very strategic in NOCB for Athens to DoW NPO...but we did. Also, when you DoWd RIA in Karma, Athens and RDD was essentially the same size..in fact, you were much more top heavy. So, strategically, it would have been just as sound a move as DoWing RIA...none of that matters to this topic however. This is about your "interest" in seeing an alliance "do the right thing"...and the fact that doing the right thing is only important if it is not you who has to do the doing. The history speaks for itself.
[/quote]

Again, RDD was assigned their target in KARMA. And actually, my original post was about the cheerleading being done as if PC stepped up to begin with rather than waiting until many people condemned them. At least you tried to make your spin sound reasonable. Oh well.

[quote name='Augusta Antonia' date='12 March 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1268377459' post='2223204']
Again, RDD was assigned their target in KARMA. And actually, my original post was about the cheerleading being done as if PC stepped up to begin with rather than waiting until many people condemned them. At least you tried to make your spin sound reasonable. Oh well.
[/quote]

Had anyone you ever associated with, done the right thing, you would understand why PC was cheered. They are great friends, fantastic allies, and all around good people. Something that so many characters espousing against them...lack.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='12 March 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1268377611' post='2223207']
Had anyone you ever associated with, done the right thing, you would understand why PC was cheered. They are great friends, fantastic allies, and all around good people. Something that so many characters espousing against them...lack.
[/quote]

Keep trying...and forget the tissue...seems like you need Chapstick

Nice to see you guys taking some real responsibility for your wrong doings. :)

One question, and this is coming from someone who dislikes Echelon, Was it really necessary to try and cover up your members ignorance by insulting Echelon? When you are wrong, you are just wrong... and you guys have obviously shown you realize it via this topic.

[quote name='Don Fernando' date='11 March 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1268369759' post='2223002']
Thank you for your reflection, however, someone posted my opinion already...more or less:

And...

Read Above.

40 pages of mind numbing BS, childish finger pointing, and idiocy did NOTHING to help the situation. Neither did having "members" / "ambassadors" / "diplomats" (hey, whatever you want to TRY and write them as, they are not ACTIVE GOVERNMENT) act as your MOFA, or pretend like he is for 3 days...I'm glad to have less of a headache over something that should have been settled more amicably.

P.S. No, I'm not sad that Echelon decided to ban specific members of our alliance from your chat room, but grow up and grow a pair. Also, let you leaders lead, and your members be members.

P.P.S. "It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.”
[/quote]

Maybe if you actually tried reading the previous thread or even just the OP you might have noticed this part:

[quote name='Ruggerdawg' date='09 March 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1268177040' post='2219802']

[b]On March 1, when SBA informed Echelon that they were being raided by PC, an Echelon member visited the SBA wiki and noticed several inaccuracies (most notably the Lol pie change). Is Echelon expected to leave the mistake up so that other alliances could attack? There is no dispute of this, the change was a matter of public record (anybody can see edits on a wiki). When Poison Clan was approached, we approached them with the knowledge that when they checked, this was the version of the wiki they had seen.[/b]
[/quote]

They readily admitted that they changed the wiki to prevent further attacks and that PC had seen the one with the merger notice in it.
I realize it was a lot of reading to do, but sometimes if you actually muddle through a WoT you actually find out some information.

[quote name='Gorard' date='12 March 2010 - 06:07 AM' timestamp='1268392383' post='2223289']
It should never have taken this long to resolve this issue, poor show Poison Clan.
[/quote]

I admire PC for getting this resolved at all especially dealing with Echelon's shenanigans. Best of luck to SBA. I hope they prosper with a real protector.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='12 March 2010 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1268397222' post='2223309']
I'm disappointed that we can't talk about this for a few more weeks. I'd freed up my calendar and everything.
[/quote]

As long as people are dumb enough to raid people carry alliance affiliations bigger than one nation then this will happen again. Drama and more will come from it.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='12 March 2010 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1268397222' post='2223309']
I'm disappointed that we can't talk about this for a few more weeks. I'd freed up my calendar and everything.
[/quote]
Don't worry, something else inane is bound to happen.

Checking nation bios for protection status? Not all nation carry "XXXX Protectorate Agreement". This policy is going to get you in more trouble down the road because smaller nations / newer players tend to ignore their bios even when told to update them. You need to do better research or don't raid at all.

[u][b]Reflections...[/b][/u]
1. Those terms were junk and should be considered void by any respectable alliance leader.
2. Raids go bad, you shouldn't do it. When will you learn your lesson?
3. Wiki - If you want to know the real deal about an alliance you better talk to them or get up-to-date treaty info from their forums.
4. SBA - disbanded or not, its bad of you guys raiding an alliance.

[u][b]Resolution...[/b][/u]
1. You are heartless since you attacked them, then blame their protector for improper protection.
2. Reparations = Enough to get back what they had and some extra funds for income losses they would have had since the war started.
3. Trust - who can trust an alliance that goes about raiding? Sure if they edited the wiki it might be bad, but did you ever think that they were set to merge then later decided not to and didn't re-edit the wiki? No, you first go cynical and try to make it like Caffine/Echelon are up to no good. The no good started when you declared these wars.
4. This is ludicrous! Slap them in the face. Say, your friends didn't stop us from slapping you around. Want us to protect you? :lol1:

[quote name='Fernando12' date='12 March 2010 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1268400994' post='2223331']
Checking nation bios for protection status? Not all nation carry "XXXX Protectorate Agreement". This policy is going to get you in more trouble down the road because smaller nations / newer players tend to ignore their bios even when told to update them. You need to do better research or don't raid at all.

[u][b]Reflections...[/b][/u]
1. Those terms were junk and should be considered void by any respectable alliance leader.
2. Raids go bad, you shouldn't do it. When will you learn your lesson?
3. Wiki - If you want to know the real deal about an alliance you better talk to them or get up-to-date treaty info from their forums.
4. SBA - disbanded or not, its bad of you guys raiding an alliance.

[u][b]Resolution...[/b][/u]
1. You are heartless since you attacked them, then blame their protector for improper protection.
2. Reparations = Enough to get back what they had and some extra funds for income losses they would have had since the war started.
3. Trust - who can trust an alliance that goes about raiding? Sure if they edited the wiki it might be bad, but did you ever think that they were set to merge then later decided not to and didn't re-edit the wiki? No, you first go cynical and try to make it like Caffine/Echelon are up to no good. The no good started when you declared these wars.
4. This is ludicrous! Slap them in the face. Say, your friends didn't stop us from slapping you around. Want us to protect you? :lol1:
[/quote]

Hello there, next in the long line of unbelievably mediocre micro-alliance leaders. Nice to meet you.

How many is this that have gone bad now for Poison Clan? There was the California thing during Karma, then the one that got Polars undies in a bunch, then this one. That's at least 3 within the last year that I'm aware of.

I can't help but like PC a little more for this.

Good to see you are paying reps in the end, though one must suspect that you only raided them in the first place at the time that you did because you knew Echelon wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

And let this be another indication that raiding alliances is a bad idea ... you'd think that people would have learnt by now.

[quote name='mdnss69' date='12 March 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1268397564' post='2223311']
Pay them reps and move on. End of. The rest, especially Echelon bashing is not winning you brownie points with anyone except for the few and loony.
[/quote]

Yeah, PC, stop trying to win brownie points, we all know that's all you care about!

Good to see PC doing the right thing eventually. Though they'll probably punch someone randomly in the street to make them feel powerful again.

o/ SBA I saw the vacant position for my Nation's Leader advertised on their forums, but they've probably payed enough for it.

[/quote]

Yeah, one thing CN is good about is stopping a pointless debate once the matter is settled.

For example, during the FoA issue, the instant we got them peace and gave them a protectorate, everyone considered the matter closed and went about their busin-... Oh wait a minute.

Come to think of it you probably don't have anything to worry about :awesome: