Poison Clan Announcement

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='12 March 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1268403583' post='2223345']
Good to see you are paying reps in the end, though one must suspect that you only raided them in the first place at the time that you did because you knew Echelon wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

And let this be another indication that raiding alliances is a bad idea ... you'd think that people would have learnt by now.
[/quote]

Jeez Bob so you can't take at face value what I said in line #1? I can assure you Twisted and I were/are contend for a bit of re-building, drama free, for at least a week since the last war we were in.....jeez. :blush:

As far as the bad idea part, I guess we can agree to disagree. :P

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well perhaps ... but I still think that was a motive for the individuals who raided.

We can agree to disagree, but you're wrong ;) ... raiding alliances has, in the last 6 months, led to large reparations and political problems for Athens, to a major global war and now to significant reparations for you, which will (if they are at all close to rebuilding SBA as the OP suggests) dwarf the value of what you stole. And that's not to mention the California incident during Karma.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='12 March 2010 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1268405480' post='2223360']
Well perhaps ... but I still think that was a motive for the individuals who raided.

We can agree to disagree, but you're wrong ;) ... raiding alliances has, in the last 6 months, led to large reparations and political problems for Athens, to a major global war and now to significant reparations for you, which will (if they are at all close to rebuilding SBA as the OP suggests) dwarf the value of what you stole. And that's not to mention the California incident during Karma.
[/quote]

There are many alliances that raid that you never hear about because they do their research before raiding, stick to their rules and then admit when they made a mistake before it ever gets out. Not all raiding alliances are stupid and abrasive. At least PC here has admitted to their mistake and are working to rectify it....though in my opinion it never should have gotten this far in the first place. It shouldn't take 10 days of negotiating to settle a tech raid incident. Someone get Bob Sanders in here to teach people how to handle incidents like this!

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Derwood1' date='12 March 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1268364483' post='2222858']
1. We have never really had to deal with Caffine1 much in the past. We are, however, aware that he is not supposed to be Gov in Echelon per terms from Karma War; we now understand why. Poison Clan will no longer take queries, talk to or in other way interact with Caffine1.
[/quote]

Its always nice when, out of a bad situation you can obtain knowledge and expirence that produces a positive outcome like this. How the above quoted concept and application is not engrained into every government on our planet is a mystery I, and I know several others of the peanut gallery still find puzzling.

Good luck to all parties and good show cleaning up the mess PC, hope you come out better for it.

[quote name='AirMe' date='12 March 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1268406616' post='2223365']
There are many alliances that raid that you never hear about because they do their research before raiding, stick to their rules and then admit when they made a mistake before it ever gets out. Not all raiding alliances are stupid and abrasive. At least PC here has admitted to their mistake and are working to rectify it....though in my opinion it never should have gotten this far in the first place. It shouldn't take 10 days of negotiating to settle a tech raid incident. Someone get Bob Sanders in here to teach people how to handle incidents like this!
[/quote]

I think he wasn't talking about normal raids but that raid established alliances wasn't very profitable for raiders in the last 6 months.

[quote name='Jacques Cousteau' date='12 March 2010 - 07:57 AM' timestamp='1268402539' post='2223338']
Hello there, next in the long line of unbelievably mediocre micro-alliance leaders. Nice to meet you.
[/quote]
This from an alliance that just screwed up 2 raids/wars in a row.

The only thing mediocre and micro is your respect for sovereign alliances.

[quote]The only thing mediocre and micro is your respect for sovereign alliances. [/quote]

Awww, and I was hoping for a penis joke to be placed there.

I have to say though that the amount of !@#$%*ing in this thread is extremely high for the OWF... which is saying a lot. People need to get over grudges on this game, when somebody is !@#$%*ing at somebody just because they were a regular member in an alliance 2 years ago, you just know things have been taken too far.

The only thing I disagree with is the whole "your alliance should update your wiki."

A wiki isn't necessary and some people refuse to have their wikis stating elaborative, or even brief, details.

Other than this, there are two things:
1. Good to hear SBA will be getting reps.
2. I see what you did thar.

[quote name='Otherworld' date='12 March 2010 - 10:29 AM' timestamp='1268408093' post='2223379']
Awww, and I was hoping for a penis joke to be placed there.
[/quote]

Lol'd

Edited by Ejayrazz

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='12 March 2010 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1268405480' post='2223360']

[/quote]

Imagine Bob without raiders wouldn't it be boring? I mean even more boring then it already is for the average nation? :)

Edited by Derwood1

[quote]I think he wasn't talking about normal raids but that raid established alliances wasn't very profitable for raiders in the last 6 months.[/quote]
This is correct. I don't like raiding of unaligned either, primarily for a different reason (it's institutionalised theft), but I know making that point in every thread doesn't really get anywhere, most people don't believe in morals. But raiding an alliance has been shown to be amorally a poor decision as well recently.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='12 March 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1268408750' post='2223387']
This is correct. I don't like raiding of unaligned either, primarily for a different reason (it's institutionalised theft), but I know making that point in every thread doesn't really get anywhere, most people don't believe in morals. But raiding an alliance has been shown to be amorally a poor decision as well recently.
[/quote]

My apologies then.

[quote name='Derwood1' date='13 March 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1268408746' post='2223386']
Imagine Bob without raiders wouldn't it be boring? I mean even more boring then it already is for the average nation? :)
[/quote]
If you are bored there is plenty to do besides raiding.

You can try diplomacy and meet loads of interesting people.
You can recruit for your alliance.
You could collect statistics and gatherer intelligence from analysing them.
Or do behavioural research on the various players of this world.
Or perhaps you could make and sell art to fund your national growth
Or start a newspaper and report on world events
Or become a political pundit and perhaps work your way into alliance leadership
And there is always mentoring newer members of your alliance in the finer points of running there nations for optimal growth.

If you think there is only raiding to do then you are missing out on all the other things that make planet Bob so interesting.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='13 March 2010 - 03:04 AM' timestamp='1268410163' post='2223404']

And there is always mentoring newer members of your alliance in the finer points of running there nations for optimal growth.

If you think there is only raiding to do then you are missing out on all the other things that make planet Bob so interesting.
[/quote]

Wait, I'm confused. You're saying that different people find different things fun?????

Edited by Voytek

Yes, if only there was a parallel universe of sorts, where you could wage war endlessly without consequences, and where you'd know everyone wants to fight as well... The nations could be burned down, but then they would all be reborn again, so their rulers would loose only 4 weeks or so of building their nation... Maybe Gods would grant the strongest nation from each reborn-cycle a gift or favor to ask...

If only such a world would exist...

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='12 March 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1268410771' post='2223409']
Or if you're really into raiding, why don't all the raiding alliances get together and agree to raid each other? After all, it's only because you're bored...
[/quote]

But then where would all the new drama start from then? :(

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='12 March 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1268410163' post='2223404']

[/quote]

I doubt PC or anyone thinks raiding is the only thing to do. It's just what they find fun. Some alliances like war, PC happens to be one of them. Trying to convince them that war is bad is as futile as them trying to convince you that war isn't actually all that terrible.

And as someone who's gotten to know them recently, they do actually do other things (surprising isn't it?). "You can try diplomacy" is pretty funny to me because we've actually found our diplomatic interaction with PC to be pretty pleasant.

Glad to hear the cooler heads in PC prevailed and you are doing the right thing by paying them their reps. For the record in my conversation I never once asked any reps be payed to us, only SBA. So long as SBA is happy with the end outcome I'll throw you a hail o/

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' date='12 March 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1268412468' post='2223421']
"You can try diplomacy" is pretty funny to me because we've actually found our diplomatic interaction with PC to be pretty pleasant.
[/quote]

And I can agree with that from experience. Diplomacy is always the first option PC tries... they just need someone willing to reciprocate.

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='12 March 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1268412142' post='2223419']
But then where would all the new drama start from then? :(
[/quote]
NPO is back on the rise, that will be full of epic lulz from some. We all know it's coming. :unsure:

Edited by Ejayrazz