Famous CN Quotes

Marty McFly

The first novel took 500 pages to tell a story that easily could have been told in 250 or so pages, and the writing style made me want to dropkick kittens and then crack open their skulls and eat their tiny brains.

Oh man, CZ, I forgot I said that. I stand by it, though. >_>

Edited by Mary the Fantabulous

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say this post by mpol during GWIII in a certain thread was pretty epic.

ModEdit: Link removed.

Actually I would call that one of the worst posts I've read in my CN career, along with the rest of the trash in that thread. People were calling him trash and a terrible person and such because he used his friends death... to try to gain a minimal advantage in an Internet nation game. He was better off not playing them game, but the posts in that thread still make me cringe a bit.

That one is always a classic. And people wonder why everyone said Gre was next on the chopping block.

did you MK really too stupid to read? You might note that the MK nuke banner he's quoting and his post both have the phrase "x ... so proud of" and that he would have no reason to say that as the thread saw them sign the coalition nuclear policy.

I would have to say this post by mpol during GWIII in a certain thread was pretty epic.

ModEdit: Removal of link to post that should be re-posted here.

That entire thread is fantastic. Few things give me more pleasure than watching a mad scramble to the top of a non-existent moral high ground.

/me reminds himself to attack the next dead person's nation he's made aware of, if only to bathe in the tears

Gotta love FAN's response to the War of the Coalition.

Probably not famous, but it's one of my favorites:

Gotta hand it to you though, folks, you've given FAN the best birthday present ever.

We have front row seats to the end of the world, and all our enemies are tearin' into each other in one awesome battle royale. Our tickets even say "No last man standing", which is sweet.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...st&p=823900

Edited by Legend of the Skies

Sometimes I get the urge to join GGA so that I could show them things like LC swapping and SDIs, and then be celebrated as a prophet, but I think I'd most likely be burned as a heretic instead.

Oh well, at least I'd have that sweet "level 9 plane" badge.

Awesome quote. I'll find more later.

I thought that "Please TOP, dont betray the grämlins" started in #citade(or was it #nsa:<)l, when some player(vox IIRC) came to the irc and started telling people the facts on how he thought CN would develop in the future, and his thoughts were that NPO would want to kill grämlins, and TOP should not let that happen, there i saw it first.

Is it famous? No, but it still makes me laugh.

I know it's not famous, but I found the following quote at least as funny as the others quoted.

The date on that link is:

TEHRAN, Iran, Jan. 13, 2004

I have also heard that German troops are massing near the Polish border.

Hope nothing bad happens....

Edited by Kaiser

I thought of a couple, both of them having to do with Polar, and they were the first ones that came to mind after the Bob Sanders one.

One year later, after all the wars and mischief and arguments, the New Polar Order still stands. Those who have attempted to bring about our destruction have been destroyed themselves. Our Order is one of the preeminent powers on the planet and will be until Comrade Admin destroys our world in fiery vengeful retribution. In closing, we're still here and %@#* all of you who thought you could kill us.
I am Polar, see my scars and behold my commitment

And they, along with that alliance you're so proud of, will soon be in the dustbin of history.
That one is always a classic. And people wonder why everyone said Gre was next on the chopping block.

In the quote, the "they" Bakunin refers to is almost certainly the 1000 nukes that Archon was talking about.

Dear FAN,

When did you decide that it was a good idea to try to overthrow NPO without calling us first? Maybe if you'd been a bit more circumspect and a bit less gloryseeking you could have come to your excellent friends the GOONS and we could have betrayed our Pacifican overlords together. I mean, if we went, it wouldn't have been just us; we have a bunch of satellite alliances we could have brought to the fight, like Genmay. I mean, the invincible warriors of FAN could cripple the top ranks of the NPO without any serious effort, but without the critical low-end support your larger nations are going to get surrounded and obliterated by the mindless Pacifican herd. Since you've closed all your communications channels, we haven't been able to co-ordinate a synchronized betrayal, so the only option have left is to continue toiling as the NPO's wretched servants. Now we're going to have to wait for Polar or GGA to come up in the rankings before we have another opportunity to launch a surprise coup again.

Yours in Christ,

The GOONS

P.S. With much love: http://cngoons.googlepages.com/jihadibear.gif

Another one that's cute.

If I recall correctly, "Please TOP don't betray the Gramlins" came from a thread with the "Songwriter" (I can't remember his ruler name). It was his second thread I believe, after his song thread (I can't remember what song he did as well, but it had something to do with the coming war and some side really stomping the other side badly. I think his song was for Q). He was banned shortly after if I remember correctly, for using his friend's nation. I think his alliance (I also can't remember that goddamn, I think it was a former BLEU alliance, GDA and Echelon both seem to ring bells) was the one who found out about that and reported it.