Famous CN Quotes

Marty McFly

Our only regret is that we can not rip from your rotting corpse more putrid limbs than what you already possess. The cowardice that seeps from your growing ranks festers like an open wound on the flesh of our planet. We gladly join this battle to cull the weak from the herd. The scars we gain through victory in this war will proudly be displayed as badges of honor among our true friends.

Onward, =LOST= warriors, to victory!

Seriously underated DoW.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Are you Polar too stupid to read" is, unfortunately for my fellow Bob, now chiselled into the immortal stone of CN folklore. (Particularly with that Google thing ... that's pretty awesome.) That will win this competition for years to come. "GOONS ascend via the unjust path" is another one that will be remembered forever, although the broader context of the rant that was in is pretty much forgotten.

Obviously I like the ones in my sig (here and on other boards), and also the one I had in there last:

"Just because he's a hypocrite doesn't mean he's wrong" by Trinite. I wouldn't think those are much quoted though – I sig things which make a good point (or a political one) and which people aren't talking a lot about anyway.

For more modern times, we've been pretty short of memorable snippet quotes. Karma gave us "We will not impose draconian terms" (repeatedly quoted in an attempt to discredit it), the exponential rise in uses of the word 'hegemony', and "rolling the hard six", but nothing which will endure. "I have outlawed the terrorist organisation Vox Populi; the bombing will begin in five minutes" may come back to haunt the NPO but it's not widespread at the moment.

I cannot believe that no-one has mentioned this yet, specifically:

Who built your alliance? I did! Who rallied the world to arms in the greatest single effort this goddamn place has ever seen? I did! I am the true and righteous hero of CN! Without me there is only darkness and evil, I am everything we supposedly wanted to save about this game. I am CN!

Man's territory ??? Men will clean up what the fools have done !

^That one^

Awesome topic btw :lol1:

So many nations have nuclear warfare programs running; if every nuke in the world was launched at once, it would surely obliterate our planet. The global radiation would skyrocket to over 500% and all of our environments would be trapped at one star or lower. For the sake of peace and prosperity, a sanction on nuclear warfare must be placed. When a bomb is dropped, it is as though you have attacked everyone else, even your allies.

First thing's first, however, we need to discourage players from dropping the bomb, telling them to use it in a last resort ditch effort. When there are enough nations willing to join, all the team senators may enforce the elimination of at least five nukes with the other nations at their backs. From then we can work our way to a nuclear-free society. Rogue nations would be sanctioned and perma-TIed by the rest of the community.

If we do not do this now, our world will surely whither. Many people would die from exposure, the green fields in our national parks would shrivel, and even those at the equator would need to wear coats at night. We must defend the world we live in from ourselves and work our way to a world without mass destruction caused by overactive atoms.

I would have to say this post by mpol during GWIII in a certain thread was pretty epic.

ModEdit: I would have to say linking to posts full of rule violations is pretty phail.

Edited by Sword of Estel

"Please TOP, don't betray The Grämlins"

Sadly I can't find the topic that contained the sentence.

"This is *Important leader person* Every *Insert alliance members notation* below the rank of *über mofta* is not allowed to post in this topic" Not the correct rank nor person (Sec. Gen. Templar of ODN?). It has at least been repeated many, many times in CN and still is used.

My memory sucks today.

Best ones taken already of course. Whether something like "Posting this will get me warned." (I'm sure everyone remembers what that should say) is considered a quote is questionable, but certainly memorable (and along the lines of "sad but necessary" and "brilliant political move").

"This is *Important leader person* Every *Insert alliance members notation* below the rank of *über mofta* is not allowed to post in this topic" Not the correct rank nor person (Sec. Gen. Templar of ODN?). It has at least been repeated many, many times in CN and still is used.

Templar was a Senator, another reason why this was funny. At least if he had been SecGen he could have argued he had the authority to do so.

Why was it necessary to post an announcement that you were NOT canceling a treaty?

I have a question for you. Why is it necessary for you to post a retirement thread every month?

You obviously haven't read your Vladimir. You seem to have some misconceptions about what freedom means. I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with bravery.

I dunno if they qualify as famous, but they were funny as $%&@.