Instrument of Surrender for the New Pacific Order

sethb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Planet Bob can now wake up to see the sun shine again. Remember this night always. Remember this night as the Cyberverse is reborn with a new hope and purpose. We rise from the jackboot of slavery to the hope of free men.

May Pacifica learn from this, and realize that freedom is good. May Karma bask in the glory that they freed us from the chains of eternal fear and bondage. Hail!

They are hardly "Draconian". Draconian would be secret terms, banning leadership, viceroys, indefinite loss of nukes, etc. All things the NPO has no problem with. This isn't even close to harsh.

Don't waste your breath Random. :P

They are hardly "Draconian". Draconian would be secret terms, banning leadership, viceroys, indefinite loss of nukes, etc. All things the NPO has no problem with. This isn't even close to harsh.

If they were secret, you wouldn't know about them, would you :P

(Some OOC content follows, but I don't think it's enough to worry about)

Congratulations to all parties, particularly Karma alliances.

Nearer the beginning of the war, I openly advocated that the disbandment of the New Pacific Order should be the primary objective of Karma. Ahile I do not regret advocating this, I now see that it is, in all respects, unnecessary now. The New Pacific Order fought an honorable war - perhaps the first in their history - and for that, I hail them.

Furthermore, these terms act in a manner which is neither too lenient - as I feared they might be - or in a manner which is too harsh. I particularly like the clauses which would seem to indicate peace for the Federation of Armed Nations, as well as the reparations amounts - so long as they are distributed appropriately by the victorious coalition to the alliances that need it the most (specifically Ordoe Verde).

Alas, the attack on Ordoe Verde was, in this war, compared to the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914. And now, I am more than certain these terms will be compared to the Treaty of Versailles, with what many will undoubtedly perceive as harsh reparation demands, as well as admittance of guilt regarding the cause of the war, and, of course, the loss of Pacifican 'colonies', as it were.

But we must not loose sight of the truth: unlike the Treaty of Versailles, which unfairly persecuted Germany for a war caused by Serbia or Austria-Hungary, depending on one's outlook, these terms of surrender fairly punish an alliance which cause the war, and which, in its past, has caused worse harm to better alliances.

Congratulations again to all parties. Peace be upon you, and God's mercy and blessings.

Considering it was TORN who apparently started this...

"

V. The New Pacific Order will immediately and permanently cease all claims over alliance affiliations other than 'New Pacific Order', 'NPO Cadet' and 'NPO Applicant', and will end all hostilities with alliances affiliations from previous conflicts."

What else did NPO claim?

:ph34r:

We claimed absolutely nothing other than those three. Karma was unable to provide any example where we had previously done so, but in the end it was not worth arguing over. We ended our hostilities with all past alliances months ago.

For close to 100 days the dog days of war have been running. Bombs, missiles, blood and destruction have been commonplace on the streets of our beloved cities and much of the Cyberverse. It is time for all this to end so we can begin to rebuild and move on.

My thanks to the membership of the New Pacific Order, who outperformed themselves in commitment and dedication. We all fought hard in the war; now we must fight hard in peace. They have fought with a dedication nonpareil in the history of this alliance; never have I seen Pacificans pull together against such odds.

"They shall turn their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into sickles: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they be exercised any more to war." Never has this been more fitting as it is now. Now, the real work begins. We all fought hard in the war; now we must fight hard in peace. Nations who bled during the war must now bleed tech and money during the peace, to both rebuild their comrades and pay off the reparations.

And we will. For whatever you think of Pacifica, she will prevail. She will rebuild and she will recover. Of that there is no doubt.

P.S. Bandnerd, you were perhaps my most fun opponent; you were great.

Agreed and let's hope this really is a first step, no matter how awkward, towards the end of what usually are the most pernicious punishments, that by definition are hidden from public view in said secret terms.

Congrats to all who have agreed on this peace.

Congratulations to both sides, especially NPO for taking on so many enemies at once and walking away from it.

o/ Peace

o/ No GRL

o/ The End of the Karma War

EDIT: Also, no Karma civil war? :(

Edited by ty345

I took a stab at which one was most likely to ignite your moral outrage.

As for the other aspect of Term VII, who said anything about isolation? The New Pacific Order is still capable of signing treaties whilst under surrender terms. How many of Pacifica's former opponents were granted that opportunity? I certainly recall being in an alliance that was restricted in the form of treaties it could sign by Pacifican hands.

Petty talk. You missed your stabbing attempt - terribly, I might add. Also, 'outrage' is wonderfully put, actually, it isn't at all. Look - I can do it to!

Outrage would be me posting pages, I made a one liner comment. I admire the verbiage you execute, please do continue. Perhaps I am also 'manically angry', right? ;)

I do not care about the past, I believe my former alliance was completely destroyed because of the NPO, you're background is meaningless with someone dealing with the same situations. I am not 'outraged', I am merely saying they should have the ability to align themselves to whomever they please, it's a basic right. "NPO DID IT".

"WHY DID YOU CHEAT ON ME EJ?"

"BILL CLINTON DID IT HUN, I THOUGHT IT WAS OK"

I comprehend canceling their treaties, but I believe they should be able to sign with whom they please, I hope to see Karma not rejecting any future treaties they wish to sign. I just don't agree with it. You have your opinion and I have mine, plain and simple - should leave it at that.

Well done with victory, cheers.

Edited by Ejayrazz

If we normalize 10 billion into tech that works out to about to 166,667 tech, adding in the 350,000 tech required, makes 516,667 tech, or 148% of the NPO's techworth.

Thus, the New Pacific Order is paying the largest reperation bill in the history of Planet Bob, both proportionally and in absolute terms.

Clearly, all previous reperations in the game were not draconian, since Karma fought with honor and does not issue draconian terms.

I would say the reps are huge, not harsh or draconian. Pure hypothetical here: If I were NPO, I would simply be thankful I wasn't perma-warred into disbandment.

:ph34r:

We claimed absolutely nothing other than those three. Karma was unable to provide any example where we had previously done so, but in the end it was not worth arguing over. We ended our hostilities with all past alliances months ago.

For close to 100 days the dog days of war have been running. Bombs, missiles, blood and destruction have been commonplace on the streets of our beloved cities and much of the Cyberverse. It is time for all this to end so we can begin to rebuild and move on.

My thanks to the membership of the New Pacific Order, who outperformed themselves in commitment and dedication. We all fought hard in the war; now we must fight hard in peace. They have fought with a dedication nonpareil in the history of this alliance; never have I seen Pacificans pull together against such odds.

"They shall turn their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into sickles: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they be exercised any more to war." Never has this been more fitting as it is now. Now, the real work begins. We all fought hard in the war; now we must fight hard in peace. Nations who bled during the war must now bleed tech and money during the peace, to both rebuild their comrades and pay off the reparations.

And we will. For whatever you think of Pacifica, she will prevail. She will rebuild and she will recover. Of that there is no doubt.

P.S. Bandnerd, you were perhaps my most fun opponent; you were great.

An outstanding message from the Emperor. I look forward to Pacifica's rise to reclaim its rightful spot as the top alliance.

Keep telling yourself that :)

Uh, seriously they did. They are the one's that came to NPO with the info about OV supposedly spying. That is essentially the start of it all.

If we normalize 10 billion into tech that works out to about to 166,667 tech, adding in the 350,000 tech required, makes 516,667 tech, or 148% of the NPO's techworth.

Thus, the New Pacific Order is paying the largest reperation bill in the history of Planet Bob, both proportionally and in absolute terms.

Clearly, all previous reperations in the game were not draconian, since Karma fought with honor and does not issue draconian terms.

And the propaganda beings...