Instrument of Surrender for the New Pacific Order

sethb

The reps are worse than I had hoped but better than I had expected. The 1000 tech term and the bar on sending tech and money at the same time are kind of stupid, it makes it fairly obvious that Karma wants to twist the fork a little bit.

Congratulations to MHA on getting out of their treaty with the NPO.

And lol at how the terms require the NPO to send all of its tech and more.

Edited by Duncan King

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are hardly "Draconian". Draconian would be secret terms, banning leadership, viceroys, indefinite loss of nukes, etc. All things the NPO has no problem with. This isn't even close to harsh.

These terms are draconian terms, RI.

They're the bed we have to sleep in, simple as that.

Edited by James Dahl

o/ NPO u guys fought a great fight. look how many alliances it took to take you down XD

o/ karma it was a pleasure fighting NPO with you guys!

and yes this picture has been posted already but it does fit this thread very well \/

kissing.jpg

Congratulations and hearty thanks to everyone that has been on this front of the war. It has been an experience.

Thanks to Pacifica for the good fight. You guys were awesome on the front and always respectable in your communications on the battlefield.

Thanks Admin that The Phoenix Federation can now surrender and get this over with. They have been in it far too long. :(

Thanks to all those that put their time and energy in this war, All the Karma Officials, Liquid, Archon.

Thankyou Londo, for putting up with us all and with Pacifica to bring this to a conclusion.

Good to see, and I am glad that the PM clause was removed. I have a few issues with it; but this is better than I had hoped, and I don't feel like arguing. :)

Edited by iamthey

I hope Karma can actually keep it together now and be responsible world leaders. The NPO may not have been perfect, I'm not a fan of them, but the world was stable in at least one sense of the word. Many are now fearing exactly how the next few months will pan out. I wish Karma the best of luck in forming a responsible multipolar world. You also need a new name.

They are hardly "Draconian". Draconian would be secret terms, banning leadership, viceroys, indefinite loss of nukes, etc. All things the NPO has no problem with. This isn't even close to harsh.

This, a thousand times this.

They arent !@#$%^&* terms. They are equivalent to the crime.

Chron is satisfied.

bb.jpg

^ My proof

So um yeah. I thought one of the big things of this war was that NPO charged some alliances over 80% of the tech they had at surrendering time. Thats pretty sad.

Oh well good luck rebuilding to all of Bob

If we normalize 10 billion into tech that works out to about to 166,667 tech, adding in the 350,000 tech required, makes 516,667 tech, or 148% of the NPO's techworth.

Thus, the New Pacific Order is paying the largest reperation bill in the history of Planet Bob, both proportionally and in absolute terms.

Clearly, all previous reperations in the game were not draconian, since Karma fought with honor and does not issue draconian terms.

(Some OOC content follows, but I don't think it's enough to worry about)

Congratulations to all parties, particularly Karma alliances.

Nearer the beginning of the war, I openly advocated that the disbandment of the New Pacific Order should be the primary objective of Karma. Ahile I do not regret advocating this, I now see that it is, in all respects, unnecessary now. The New Pacific Order fought an honorable war - perhaps the first in their history - and for that, I hail them.

Furthermore, these terms act in a manner which is neither too lenient - as I feared they might be - or in a manner which is too harsh. I particularly like the clauses which would seem to indicate peace for the Federation of Armed Nations, as well as the reparations amounts - so long as they are distributed appropriately by the victorious coalition to the alliances that need it the most (specifically Ordoe Verde).

Alas, the attack on Ordoe Verde was, in this war, compared to the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914. And now, I am more than certain these terms will be compared to the Treaty of Versailles, with what many will undoubtedly perceive as harsh reparation demands, as well as admittance of guilt regarding the cause of the war, and, of course, the loss of Pacifican 'colonies', as it were.

But we must not loose sight of the truth: unlike the Treaty of Versailles, which unfairly persecuted Germany for a war caused by Serbia or Austria-Hungary, depending on one's outlook, these terms of surrender fairly punish an alliance which cause the war, and which, in its past, has caused worse harm to better alliances.

Congratulations again to all parties. Peace be upon you, and God's mercy and blessings.

Well done on the terms. They are brutal and absolutely deserved.

Sucks to be NPO right now. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

It is a new day for Cybernations. No longer does CN = NPO.

IMO these terms are nowhere near harsh enough for what Pacifia has done.

So what do they need to be 20x as much as NPO has charged every alliance one bob? I beleive last time I checked it was 10x but I wouldn't be surprised if my math was wrong :P