Instrument of Surrender for the New Pacific Order

sethb

What an amazing day. I never thought it would come. The defeat of the New Pacific Order! I remember the times when people declared that Pacifica had won the [OOC] game. [/OOC] Let this serve as a warning to future tyrants that nothing is forever, and they can and will fall.

I also think that we should take a moment to remember the sacrifices of those who made this possible. FAN, Vox, destroyed Karma nations, and everyone else who has had a hand in this.

Finally, I think that this war has taught us some important lessons. Although I think that these terms are reasonable, if tough, the previous ones offered were appalling. Let us strive to prevent ourselves from replacing what we have just conquered.

Hail to the New World Order.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congradulations to the members of the New Pacific Order on the peace you have achieved, the war you fought was both testingly difficult and rewarding I am sure. While as long as your alliance continues to exist there will never be a true victory, I do wish Karma the best. You have shown the world that the New Pacific Order is not unbeatable. You just have to be smarter, faster, stronger, and a hell of a lot more people to do it. Sadly I believe that in signing this document you have sealed your fate at the hands of Pacifica, you will all surely know Pacifica's Revenge before the spring of 2011, may admin have mercy on your souls because Lady Pacifica will not.

\o/ Peace.

The question of forgiveness is a tricky one, is it earned through fire, the act of destruction purifying ones soul and cleansing it of past misdeeds. Or is it earned by a change in behavior? Some here say they will never forgive, some say everyone must forgive, somewhere in the middle is probably the truth. There has been a downpayment on forgiveness the rest is yet to be paid. With real change will come real forgiveness, not through spin or rhetoric.

I'm about 11 pages late to the party and I don't plan to go back and read the tread but I do have a few things to say.

1. Congratulations on getting peace NPO.

2. Congratulations to Karma for dropping the two weeks of war requirement.

3. Thank you to everyone from Vox on up who did their part to end the political and military one sidedness most of us suffered under.

4. Most importantly: With the conclusion of the Karma War the NPO deserves to be given a clean slate. All those crimes that the war was fought over are paid for (or are being paid for) and the NPO should be judged solely by what it does from this point on.

Raga, I normally agree with you, but not all the way here.

I do agree that NPO's past crimes are payed for in terms of reps/economical payment. However, that's like saying that affirmative action ends racial prejudices (although I actually dislike affirmative action, but that is not a topic for this thread. Just an example). Negative sentiment that some people hold towards the NPO is not now automatically set to zero, nor should it be. Although NPO says they've learned a lesson, and I am inclined to give them the benefit of a doubt, that does not mean that those who were in some way harmed by the NPO's former harsh/imperialist tactics should forget the past. Forgive and forget is an admirable goal in life, but not in politics, especially in CN politics.

Example: Some GATO nations can't stand the NPO, some are really apathetic, and some actually like them. When it comes down to it though, the overall historical sentiment between GATO and the NPO has no reason to be altered from negative to lovey dovey. GATO and NPO are not enemies, and we have a PIAT, but it would be a lie to say that we are/ever will be best of friends. Why? Forgive and forget does not work here, and there are also very real restrictions still on GATO set by the NPO. Example: Chris_Kaos and GATO members that were expelled by the viceroy can still never return to GATO under current conditions. This was not GATO's war (thankfully) and we have nothing to do with it, and yes, the NPO has "payed." However, that does not change things completely.

I like you. Sadly, you don't seem to know your own alliance.

I like you too. But as a long standing and ranking member of the NPO I beg to differ. Though few may indeed hold a more crude opinion set, I'm pretty sure the fact they elected me a councilor of the order speaks to their agreement. An alliance founded on the idea of constant revolution has great capacity for change.

When was the Emperor in peace mode. I believe he was ZI'd. and fought hard. Given I am in a squad with him and saw him every update fighting. But hey. A guy on the OUTSIDE would know better. Ignorance is bliss.

I meant the alliance as a whole.

You know, the alliance he leads. Too bad you cowards didn't follow his example.

I wish to take a moment to thank all our allies who helped us come to aid our brothers in OV, and all our allies allies who came to there aid.

Congratulations to those who remained with NPO thought such difficult circumstances, now let us see that vaunted Pacifican bank in work.

Onward to the next great war, it will have a lot to live up to.

o/ Viridia

o/ Karma

o/ Peace

o/ The next great war

o/ Pacifica.

Congrats on finally leaving the battlefield. I'm not sure how much longer TPF, 64 Digits and Avalon will continue on, I assume our own terms are being handed down now.

This war was extremely costly on many fronts. I have personally lost many friends as they left the planet for the great unknown, no doubt common across the cyberverse for many, especially on this side of the conflict. Nations that stayed have been wrecked and left in smoking heaps, never to regain what they once were. Alliances have died. The highest reps in CN history to an individual alliance and by a wide margin at that, have been handed down....twice, first to IRON and now to NPO (several others got very harsh terms as well).

Also, and very commendably, white peace was given out as parts of the loose coalition of freedom fighters, pixel savers, opportunists and vengence seekers that comprised Karma seemed to hold very different views on acceptable terms of surrender in this "new world order" that was advertised but not wholly delivered upon as the propaganda for this war swept across the planet many months ago.

Probably the saddest aspect of this war, Bob lost well over 4,000 nations since this whole thing started, many of them long time players. There were also at least two alliance disbandments directly related to this conflict if I recall correctly.

Congradulations to the members of the New Pacific Order on the peace you have achieved, the war you fought was both testingly difficult and rewarding I am sure. While as long as your alliance continues to exist there will never be a true victory, I do wish Karma the best. You have shown the world that the New Pacific Order is not unbeatable. You just have to be smarter, faster, stronger, and a hell of a lot more people to do it. Sadly I believe that in signing this document you have sealed your fate at the hands of Pacifica, you will all surely know Pacifica's Revenge before the spring of 2011, may admin have mercy on your souls because Lady Pacifica will not.

Sadly, your uneducated fear mongering is going to convince many.

To those who stood beside us and fought bravely, you have my thanks!

Karma, well played and thanks for the fun war.

Good luck to everybody in the future.

Besides, you already fought hard in peace this whole war lol.

Blinded by hate much? Emperor Moo hid in peace mode?!? I guess he went hippy all the way to Z.I. then. A first for CN!

I guess it is hard to see the truth when you have your head buried up your own hatred-filled $@!.

Awfully big talk from somebody who had nothing to do with this. We know you loathe our existence. Is all this anger boiling over because someone did to us what you never could? You should be happy. We got spanked.

edit: added second quote.

Edited by MudBug

Can't fault them for using a tactic if their foes let them. If this war taught the world anything it's that very few people can do a proper stagger.

-Bama

Sadly, your uneducated fear mongering is going to convince many.

I don't know if I would use the words uneducated or fear mongering to describe my situation. Pacifica's slate has been wipped clean before and we both know how that turned out for your enemy on the battle field. Pacifica is the virus that has infected so many today. It was nice to see that Karma offered a temperary relief to the problem, but the world is still sick with this pleague and will quickly turn again as Pacifica hunts down and destroies the memebrs of Karma.

Raga, I normally agree with you, but not all the way here.

I do agree that NPO's past crimes are payed for in terms of reps/economical payment. However, that's like saying that affirmative action ends racial prejudices (although I actually dislike affirmative action, but that is not a topic for this thread. Just an example). Negative sentiment that some people hold towards the NPO is not now automatically set to zero, nor should it be. Although NPO says they've learned a lesson, and I am inclined to give them the benefit of a doubt, that does not mean that those who were in some way harmed by the NPO's former harsh/imperialist tactics should forget the past. Forgive and forget is an admirable goal in life, but not in politics, especially in CN politics.

Example: Some GATO nations can't stand the NPO, some are really apathetic, and some actually like them. When it comes down to it though, the overall historical sentiment between GATO and the NPO has no reason to be altered from negative to lovey dovey. GATO and NPO are not enemies, and we have a PIAT, but it would be a lie to say that we are/ever will be best of friends. Why? Forgive and forget does not work here, and there are also very real restrictions still on GATO set by the NPO. Example: Chris_Kaos and GATO members that were expelled by the viceroy can still never return to GATO under current conditions. This was not GATO's war (thankfully) and we have nothing to do with it, and yes, the NPO has "payed." However, that does not change things completely.

You're right, of course.

All I really hope for from the CN community is that they give the NPO the benefit of the doubt and don't let the past unduly influence the future. Maybe even just that is being overly idealistic though...

I posted such a hard line message for two reasons:

1. I don't wish what happened to GATO, that is being bashed in the head over and over with history, to happen to anyone. Going a bit extreme at the very least gets people thinking and talking.

2. I said I would give the NPO a clean slate when the war ended and I fully intend to do it.

Pretty sure it is impossible for an alliance to go from around 23Million NS to about 5Million without a lot of people losing a lot of their nation.

Edited by kriegsdrachen

Well, at least the terms make it fairly hard to argue the outcome later on. I'm far too tired to argue the perceived level of draconian-ness of these terms, so just don't. I'm happy to see this come to pass though, since I've never been a fan of beatdowns.

Speaking of which, peace is being worked on with TPF. There are...issues...that need to be worked out.