Trashcat's Corner: The Meatshields Have Become Self-Aware

Stumpy Jung Il

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good summary of the week's events. And contrary to some, I thought the length of the JB interview was fine. He had some interesting things to say, it would've been a disservice to him to cut it short just because a few people have the concentration levels of a fish.

it gets tiring to hear people who have no idea about GATO talk about its treaty choices.

>_<

We should have a chat sometime then :P

A very nice issue of Trashcats corner, bravo.

Edited by Griff

Good job as always, Stumpy.

In swoops ChairmanHal who proved he can post the most off topic material imagineable in one thread. This off topic banter was only worsened when VanHoo and Hal got into a pissing match of the ages which ended with Hoo calling Hal a “nobody.” Rarely have I seen an argument get so personal, at least lately, and I was pleased to see some real trolling on my boards. Seriously, nothing beats a derailed thread that turns into a string of personal attacks. The thread proved to be troll central, so if you are looking for a good thread this is the one this week. Afterall, Trashcat Hungers.

To be fair, I had previously posted *on* topic in that thread, so it's not like I walked into the biker bar and started shooting. Indeed, my initial jab was supposed to be a one-off "poke with a stick" at KaitlinK, which I hoped would get some reaction or other from her (as the leader of a SF alliance) and the thread would continue.

As in any biker bar however, it's best not to talk to the women directly. Yes I know that sounds sexist, but let's be honest here, the OWF is many things, politically correct isn't one of them, at least in a RL sense. Josh the Great does more to offend RL political correctness with his series of avatars in 24 hours than I could ever hope to do short of issuing a Valhalla proclamation on behalf of chefjoe that it will no longer be recruiting women, since they do not have adequate time to be a Planet Bob ruler and be in the kitchen making sandwiches, birthing babies, and hustling to get the men folk a beer. <_<

Some punches got thrown, the knives came out (ok, yes officer, the handgun was mine) and it proceeded to get ugly. No one's proudest moment on the OWF, certainly not mine or Hoo's.

Someday, what happened can be placed in the context of the times and it will make more sense as to why things got so heated so quickly. For now, I'll acknowledge the "mention" in your weekly column and await the next set of announcements like everyone else. Unlike Mogar or Vox however, I won't have to rely on spies or chatty membership at key alliances for my "foreknowledge".

FYI: This 'nobody' is happy at Valhalla, helping to get their recruiting squared away (http://cnvalhalla.org/), playing second-in-command for one of Valhalla's military units, and in general enjoying life without all the drama. I've held leadership and proven myself. I don't need the stamp of approval from others who have as an agenda item "discredit him!".

This particular article is 100x better than any TWiP. I prefer synopsis and summaries of what's going on, to speculation and conjecture, which is what TWiP gives us.

I don't particuarly agree 100% with the slant taken, but at least its readable. :)

Nicely done, sir.

Disclaimer: The following publication has nothing to do with hunger, vague statements, Poison Clan, old jokes, or Electron Sponge. All TPF members, and bigwoody, should avoid this thread at all costs.

Oh thank god! Because that wasn't getting old at all (aside from the entertainment value).

I like this alot. Sign me up for your newsletter or evil pamphlet.