This Week in Pacifica

Shah I think your misunderstanding their wording. For starters we don't know who is responsible for these actions and just becuase Vox alerted Jarheads it doesn't mean they encourage or support the attacks on our forums. Vox annoys me as much as the next guy but there is no evidence to support this acusation.

Thank you for clearing up the great Shahentaman's misconceptions, Authur.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will nit pick all I wish. See bolded.

Hopefully this can teach you some of the English skills that you missed out on. Maybe then you'll be able to take on the "traitors" more competently.

:o OHNOES!... Dont rap me knuckles wid da ruler agin teacha... Ooooowwwie!

Weze has us'a English teacha in our midst :P

Edited by ChileRelleno

Santa's illegitimate love child with a local tribal shaman, I assume.

No, its Schattenmann's Circus name :awesome: , but your opinion is not bad either :D

Shah I think your misunderstanding their wording. For starters we don't know who is responsible for these actions and just becuase Vox alerted Jarheads it doesn't mean they encourage or support the attacks on our forums. Vox annoys me as much as the next guy but there is no evidence to support this acusation.

1. I did not accuse Vox of OOC attacks.

2. As for Jarhead's connection, it was implied by Schattenmann, not me. One must ask him on what basis he approximated ceasing the attacks on Jarheads would somehow be related to cease of attacks on the public IRON forums? He has been in communication with them before.

3. Vox doesnt annoys me, it entertains me, as for accusation, when there isnt one, there isnt the need for evidence.

Onwards with the circus, sorry if I disturbed your entertainment!

Edited by shahenshah

:o OHNOES!... Dont rap me knuckles wid da ruler agin teacha... Ooooowwwie!

Weze has us'a English teacha in our midst :P

grammar-nazi.jpg

Cool post dude. It really contributes to the discussion about Pacifica that is going on right now. I would appreciate it if you toned down the trolling of mag, however.

Your view that there is only "one Order" is a pretty loud one.

There is only one home. For me its NPO.

Sure, you can say "oh I meant this is my home", but the "take that as you will" sort of puts the last nail in the coffin, so to speak.

I written it like that because I knew I will get some criticism on it from some-- in time of writing it, I had no intention to go argue about it in the BR-- they should know already what I mean by that.

In public, here though, I will make the record straight.

You can still read into it whatever you like.

Your members crying about Ivan copying the red and black.... Ivan made the red and black,

Guy named Franco's Spain made the blue and black.

Members crying about NSO flag, honestly that really isn't an issue I did not see anybody crying about it in great length.

he bleeds the colours more than any other member, if not all the members collectively, yet people regard him as a traitor?

Well there are a lot of people bleeding the black and blue, who the most, who knows its subjective.

Again, Ivan is not called a traitor in our ranks.

I do thank Moo for his post earlier on, it's good to see that at least the man on top knows what's up, but it's a shame that so many in the BR and among the staff have lost touch.

"So many" is an overstatement of serious proportions. You got "so many" from 4 screen shots?

Arent you afraid you have been lead on to believe something based on very little?

Just a thought,...

No, its Schattenmann's Circus name :awesome: , but your opinion is not bad either :D

2. As for Jarhead's connection, it was implied by Shantamantaman, not me.

3. ??? This is a fun thread isnt it? Why so serious xD if they took me seriously, not my problem, I always considered this thread lightly, as the OP intended, now if some people cant 'get a grip' with that, not my problem.

"lol I was only joking why'd you guys get all serious and smash my argument into tiny little pieces"

3. ??? This is a fun thread isnt it? Why so serious xD if they took me seriously, not my problem, I always considered this thread lightly, as the OP intended, now if some people cant 'get a grip' with that, not my problem.

You speak with a serious tone, issuing threats to others on behalf of yourself and you taking the position of issuing threats for your alliance as well. This all implies you are taking it quite seriously; do not blame the people who are responding to your intentional blatant idiocy, as you imply it was, for thinking it is serious. I'll say it again, you're issuing threats, mate.

Cool post dude. It really contributes to the discussion about Pacifica that is going on right now. I would appreciate it if you toned down the trolling of mag, however.

Oh, of course not. I thoroughly enjoy TWiP. That doesn't mean I'm required to be straight to the point, or even relevant. Public expectation says so, but my conscience knows not a bound in this thread. There's more than me in this thread here.

Edited by Heyman

Yes you did. Very explicitly.

The implication was invented by you.

Oh yeah! I always go out and accuse strangers of criminal activities with no evidence for some light fun!

Nice comic and great issue as always. You should have made everyone wait like I suggested, Schattenman. :P

Vox;s allies resorting to cyber terrorism and OOC attacks, arent you guys advising Jarheads? lol, thier bad luck and understandable, since IC actions achieved nothing but entertainment for the bored BOB and being counter-productive to the power-grab goals of Vox.

Your implied threat is duly noted, We understand your frustration and limitations of IC actions. I guess more the frustrations, more better the comics! more the entertainment! Onwards with the weekly circus.

Excuse me, I can't seem to see where you fit into all of this. Please calm down, and quiet up. I'm trying to pay attention to people who actually know what they're talking about to some degree.

Look, you cannot blame Pacificans for being ticked at those who left during an Alliance-wide war. Why don't you ask how the average Polar felt when people abandoned it when war was coming? The feeling is not good. As for those who argue that Jarheads was so far out of target range that nobody would miss people, that is nothing but a red herring. There is a lot that a big fatty can do to help the small-fry in a war like this. I gave $3 million and 2K in troops to one of my small-fry nations to help in the current effort.

As for the argument that Corinan made that "They are way out of range" is pure nonsense. Look, I came in late 2007 and never had the privilege of working with Ivan. But I do know that without Ivan, the Orders as we now know them would not exist. However, as much as I believe can be learned from him, if I was in Corinan's shoes, I would NEVER have abandoned my brothers in wartime. I do not care that he is sending oodles of money and tech, the very fact that he turned his back on his brothers in a time of war should speak volumes. In this case, I would be more apt to agree with ChileRilleno's assessment.

He has uttered one of the Many Names of Schattenmann. These are Words of Power. Be cautious in the presence of such a dread wizard, friend.

I shall fear his might wrath and shall sleep with a bowl of Alphabet soup by my bedside tonight, for they say only that can keep the Shantanmantan away.

the only connection you could make is that Schatt(Not on Behalf of Vox I might add) spammed the Jarheards members pre war to hit peace mode ot be prepared for war.

To be perfectly honest, if Jarheads are really DevilDogs (and I haven't looked into the evidence either way) then it's not some tragedy that they got attacked.

It was just fun to know I was possibly screwing up IRON and NPO's plans by spamming them.

Your failed attempts to send the entire alliance into peace mode does not means affiliation did not exist in any way shape or form. However, I will repeat, Shantanmantan's veiled threat is duly noted.

If I make a threat you'll know it.

I honestly believe that the war will end when IRON surrenders or withdraws to stop the attacks on their comms array. And I think that will be a sobering day.

I can handle myself perfectly fine, thank you. Don't you worry about me.

It's true--somebody screwed up Dopp's masking and he was able to read all the flames in his resignation thread, then tell everyone exactly what he thought about that. I lol'ed

And if your mind was set on leaving NPO for friends in NSO?

If their reasoning was "we're in a war that you'll never be needed to fight in". . .

. . . you would buy into it and stay in Pacifica?

Chile, you seem like you have strong opinions, but people like you have a fatal flaw. You fail to see the other side. To the people who want to leave, the reasons they are being given to stay hold as much water as a sieve (because they are weak).

Face it. The motivation behind the "lock-in" is political. NSO is feared, thus, NSO's growth must be hampered.

I strive to see the other side... In order to understand or debate something/someone, one must try to know either side as well as the other.

I would simply wait until the alert level fell to one more appropriate in which to tender my resignation.

Just as some I know have done, they were ready to leave, the flag went up, and they simply said, "Guess I'm not leaving till this blows over."

They have respect, integrity and discipline.

Look, you cannot blame Pacificans for being ticked at those who left during an Alliance-wide war. Why don't you ask how the average Polar felt when people abandoned it when war was coming? The feeling is not good. As for those who argue that Jarheads was so far out of target range that nobody would miss people, that is nothing but a red herring. There is a lot that a big fatty can do to help the small-fry in a war like this. I gave $3 million and 2K in troops to one of my small-fry nations to help in the current effort.

As for the argument that Corinan made that "They are way out of range" is pure nonsense. Look, I came in late 2007 and never had the privilege of working with Ivan. But I do know that without Ivan, the Orders as we now know them would not exist. However, as much as I believe can be learned from him, if I was in Corinan's shoes, I would NEVER have abandoned my brothers in wartime. I do not care that he is sending oodles of money and tech, the very fact that he turned his back on his brothers in a time of war should speak volumes. In this case, I would be more apt to agree with ChileRilleno's assessment.

There are plenty of other large nations who can pick up Corinan's slack. He did not turn his back on his brothers (well not this time anyway). Enacting a policy that you or Chile would suggest is beyond authoritarian and just downright maniacal.

There's a huge difference between Pacifica's position during this war and Polar's position during the Coalition war, I feel you actually have a reason to be upset at those who abandoned Polar while you were down and out, Pacifica is nowhere near down and out during this beat down of n00bs, nor are 95% of Pacifica's nations ever going to be in range of these targets.

To be perfectly honest, if Jarheads are really DevilDogs (and I haven't looked into the evidence either way) then it's not some tragedy that they got attacked.

It was just fun to know I was possibly screwing up IRON and NPO's plans by spamming them.

Schatt, had you messaged them for anything other than the lulz I would have been concerned with what changed about you.

Edited by Mogar

The NPO has quite a lot of large nations. The loss of a handful of large nations is negligible on my opinion. If members no longer wish to remain in an alliance, well, then there is no sense in keeping them there.

OOC: To add a RL example to this, generals in general (no pun intended), always preferred volunteers over draftees. Draftees did not want to be there, and were not good for morale.

We have done that, how?

Did not Moo just say something in regards to that? "You need to make up your mind guys. One week you are appalled and aghast that we close and move threads at times. This week a thread that allows our members to speak their minds demonstrates that the alliance as a whole hates the NSO and considers Ivan a threat. I would have thought that it indicates that we do allow people to freely express their opinions."-Moo

I would say that, at least amongst the BR, that would be turning away from Ivan.

Edited by Margrave