This Week in Pacifica

"So how is that war with Jarheads going? Still a pretty tough fight?" Oh the horror! What a maligning comment. Yes, it is obvious that with this one line I was attempting to make the NPO look horrible. Of course it was not just a simple question in order to see if it would still be claimed that this is a war worthy being equaled to the likes of real wars in the past. Wars that I took part in. Get real Litha, your attempts to smear me are quite alright but you went to far in previous posts by smearing STA.

How was my comment construed as an insult to the STA or you? I made no indication in my first post that I considered it to relate to you or the STA.

And shock among horror, I actually do have respect for Tyga. He has shown that he would stand by his alliance and wait for every man and woman to get out safe, rather than leave someone behind. I assumed that you would relate to that way of thinking.

And how is it not a real war? So only wars that involve big nations and nukes is now the only real wars?

Take shots? Do you mean the loose nukes comment? Sorry if that is such an inside joke that you know nothing of it but it was not a shot at bilrow. I asked him a question, that is all. Perhaps you should let him speak for himself Soldier. While taking a break, perhaps you could go back and read the Sir Paul Accords. I hear your leaders think its pretty important.

No, I did not refer to the nukes comment. And yes, I'm just a soldier, inside jokes are for those with more medals than I.

Worry not, it did not go unnoticed how you took jabs at my alliance trying to somehow spin my words to mean that STA wouldnt stand up for its members. Because obviously STA is not known for standing up against any odds for what it believes in. :rolleyes:

See my above comment. Yes, I am well aware that Tyga has shown extraordinary honour and bravery, and he has managed to instill such virtues in the alliance he created.

Actually your inability to respond to what I am posting without trying to insult me everytime is sad. My alluding to those signatures was leading to the point that your leaders spend more time in their private areas then they do with the little people which makes you quite the hypocrite for attacking doitzel in such a manner. If those leaders felt the way you do then perhaps their great quotes wouldnt consistantly come from those private back rooms?

I think you are misunderstanding me if you think I wish to insult you or smear your character. If you are seeing insults where none were intended, I can't convince you otherwise.

I in no way attempted to insult you, but more to comment on how I percieved actions and attitudes.

As for my leaders spending time in private areas. Do you think it reasonable to ask your leaders to have no private life? To have no time where they can just chill out? In the past I have been in multiple private channels, as I'm sure you have. Getting to know everyone in an alliance the size of ours is a lot of work, I think it is allowed to want some time for yourself. If I expected them to not take that time, then I would be the hypocrite you are suggesting I am.

Since I would then be expecting more of them than I would be prepared to give as an oridinary soldier. As for my opinion on Doitzels actions, as you've already said that people can speak for themselves, I expect you to wait for him to respond to my comments. I doubt he needs you to defend him.

Right, because I have a long history of trying to be popular. Are you going to say anything that actually pertains to me or are you just going to continue to try and paint me as someone that I am not? You continuously try and express how I am maligning your alliance yet time and time again in this back and forth discussion you attack me with falsehoods. That initial line really offended you didn't it. Perhaps I have struck a chord of truth with all this as you are really trying hard to bury me.

Yes, I am offended that you think the struggles of my younger comrades are worth less than those of our older comrades. As to me trying to bury you? I think not. I do not know you, nor do I wish to know you. You are not one of my comrades so your personal opinion of my actions matters not. No offense intended, I am sure you are a good person deep down.

As for falsehoods? I just say how I see things personally.

Thank you for the compliment.

You are welcome.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how is that war with Jarheads going? Still a pretty tough fight?

Approximately 1 out of every 12 of every nation on Planet Bob from 100 to 200 NS is a Jarhead.

That doesn't sound like too much; however if you look at say the Grämlins, who dominate the upper echelons of Planet Bob's nations - they have 1 in 7 of Planet Bob's top 100 nations, which is a much smaller sampling area.

Jarheads outnumber NPO in the 100-to-200 range by more than 3 to 1. They can triple-team all of NPO's smaller nations and still run out of slots to attack with.

I don't speak for Pacifica, but if I were in their shoes, I'd be taking this war very seriously indeed. Small nations are the future of every alliance. (Except The Grämlins. :D )

Jarheads outnumber NPO in the 100-to-200 range by more than 3 to 1. They can triple-team all of NPO's smaller nations and still run out of slots to attack with.

The difference - of course - is that any NPO nation that Jarheads attacks, can be instantly bankrolled to become easily 10 times the size of their aggressor. To any competent bank, this would really be no challenge at all.

Approximately 1 out of every 12 of every nation on Planet Bob from 100 to 200 NS is a Jarhead.

That doesn't sound like too much; however if you look at say the Grämlins, who dominate the upper echelons of Planet Bob's nations - they have 1 in 7 of Planet Bob's top 100 nations, which is a much smaller sampling area.

I don't speak for Pacifica, but if I were in their shoes, I'd be taking this war very seriously indeed. Small nations are the future of every alliance. (Except The Grämlins. :D )

My dear mother was fond of a particular saying that she liked ot throw in my face: "You should have thought of that first!"

If I remember correctly, your alliance also declared war on the jarheads. How many small nations do you add to such? How about GGA? Wasnt there yet another alliance that joined too.

Are you guys doing so little that you wouldnt bother to add yourselves into that equation of yours?

So what if the jarheads triple team every nation able to fight them? They do not have the support structure to back it up. With all of the monetary support the combined alliances can offer to those that are fighting this really doesnt seem like that big of a deal.

If I remember correctly, your alliance also declared war on the jarheads. How many small nations do you add to such? How about GGA? Wasnt there yet another alliance that joined too.

Yes, we did.

We joined in because we agreed with the cause, and can be of assistance.

The number of nations we have on our AA in the aforementioned range is 3. That's not the primary means by which we can be of assistance though, and you can probably work out for yourself with the help of a treaty list what I mean. :)

What you seem to be claiming is that Pacifica should be able to win this war (due to their superior banking capability), and so they shouldn't fight it?

That seems to me to be peculiar. Allowing Jarheads to grow into an area where banks (which according to you is Pacifica's primary strategic advantage at this point) are less effective for winning wars and then letting them attack, mantaining an advantage in numbers, is not what I would describe as good strategy.

Edited by Haflinger

I would not for a moment consider that I know your mind, or your motives. All I got from your reply was that out of two people that quoted that one line, it was I that you responded to.

If your original comment truly was made because of innocent concern for our welfare, then why do you only object to one person misunderstanding your words?

Surely you would rather clarify your point and avert more people misunderstanding your intentions and words. If it was not your intent to malign the current conflict, then what was the purpose of posting that statement?

With your point on how upset you were with the treatment you recieved, I would think that adds weight to my personal interpretation of your words.

But as you correctly pointed out, I do not know your thoughts.

Edit: As Imperial Officers are also comrades Doitzel, they are important too. Every man and woman in the NPO is important, since Pacifica is greater than just one man or woman. From the Emperor to the Body Republic, each of us are part of the whole. One could not exist without the other.

You would have known that, if you had come down from your lofty perch and sat with your comrades.

Maybe in the past, but you only value government now, All I ever saw was membership getting the blame for everything that went wrong. Heck even your allies are nothing to you, you call them the same things their enemies do when they are not looking, there was even open talk at times about attacking them beyond just simple joking, because your not dumb, you know whats building up.

Maybe in the past, but you only value government now, All I ever saw was membership getting the blame for everything that went wrong. Heck even your allies are nothing to you, you call them the same things their enemies do when they are not looking, there was even open talk at times about attacking them beyond just simple joking, because your not dumb, you know whats building up.

Speak for yourself. Do not presume that you speak for me, I am more than capable of representing myself.

Speak for yourself. Do not presume that you speak for me, I am more than capable of representing myself.

I am speaking for myself, I'm pointing out what you can't do, and that is because you nor your comrades can really speak for anything other then pacifica. You have stuff to loose, you can only be political.

Edited by StalinsRevenge

Yes, we did.

We joined in because we agreed with the cause, and can be of assistance.

The number of nations we have on our AA in the aforementioned range is 3. That's not the primary means by which we can be of assistance though, and you can probably work out for yourself with the help of a treaty list what I mean. :)

What you seem to be claiming is that Pacifica should be able to win this war (due to their superior banking capability), and so they shouldn't fight it?

That seems to me to be peculiar. Allowing Jarheads to grow into an area where banks (which according to you is Pacifica's primary strategic advantage at this point) are less effective for winning wars and then letting them attack, mantaining an advantage in numbers, is not what I would describe as good strategy.

When did I say they shouldn't fight them? They are going to do whatever they want, but to claim its worthy of Open Warfare rather then just say a police action or mop up is pushing it a bit much in my estimation. We all know what can't happen though while they are officially in a state of warfare. Which is why I said before that the jarheads will never receive peace.