This Week in Pacifica

Frankly, what is relevent is what the Body Republic thinks. Before you made your post/thread about how Ivan gets a pass, the members were eating up the calls for war, ZI, etc. Then, yes, when you got around to a response, they all suddenly changed their minds and love Ivan again.

Which is the truth? Hurrrr, let me think.

A very excellent point Shantamantan. Perhaps NPO will claim both are true, as their philosophies and recent actions seem to allow for the existence of contradictory ideas within the same individual. The rest of us would probably describe that as a mental illness brought about either through stress or intoxication with any one of a number of psychotropics.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My beloved Schatt -

Much better prose than last time. While the content is mildly educational, the fact that it is written sans foaming hyperbole makes it eminently readable. That said, not sure it means much, your point (that you have spies in the Orders and everywhere else) was made about 4 issues ago. Grab something off of the secret TPF forums, and then I'll be impressed.

OBM

My beloved Schatt -

Much better prose than last time. While the content is mildly educational, the fact that it is written sans foaming hyperbole makes it eminently readable. That said, not sure it means much, your point (that you have spies in the Orders and everywhere else) was made about 4 issues ago. Grab something off of the secret TPF forums, and then I'll be impressed.

OBM

I'll be impressed when there's something worth posting from there.

Imagine if they merged and created The Tattler in Pacifica, oh my!

It could easily happen. We're drawing water out of the same well, after all.

Every week when I read This Week in Pacifica it keeps getting better and better, and hope the next edition will have more content. It is a great read but I think it is to short, but nevertheless I'm joyfully waiting to see the next version.

Edited by xoindotnler

I understand your point, I just dont think anyone should be able to tell me that I cant leave an alliance should I choose, I dont join an alliance to be a prisoner.
Ah, yes, but when those Order nations are oppressed, when those Order nations are kept from joining the alliance that they desire, it becomes a humanitarian concern for Planet Bob.

Laws are laws. People who join alliances are able to review the laws before they join and agree to abide by them. If you don't think through the consequences before you join, then the fault is yours, not the alliance's. I happen to know that Mogar's current alliance has the same definition of desertion in its charter...hypocrisy much?

Six wars or six thousand wars, the NPO has been in a state of war for well over a year now, meaning that by Moo's latest decision, everyone who has left during the Vox and FAN conflicts are traitorous scum.

Purposely ignoring the facts about graduated stages of hostility and the requirements imposed on members during each stage, just comes across as purposeless and idiotic trolling. But I understand that you have to go with your strengths, CSM.

Do those change based on the requirements of the moment like the definition of Francoism? If so, then I'm afraid it would be too difficult to keep up and we'll just let you keep that secret to yourselves.

See comment directed at CSM.

Ah, but then the propaganda wouldn't be so one-sided! :P

True enough.

I enjoy each episode of TWIP, but not for the journalistic content. Rather, it is the plethora of mindless responses spewed by the audience that I find entertaining and which cause me to remember the quote from Albert Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

This episode also brings to mind the title of one of the Immortal Bard's plays. Much Ado About Nothing

My beloved Schatt -

OBM

TPF had secret forums?!? :o Layers upon layers. :lol:

Please stop trying to impress each other with your verbal wit. This is a discussion thread, not a pose-off, and you're dooming it to run in circles the way discussion is going right now.

However, if we MUST posture and flounce and flaunt, I get to go first.

On the topic of member retention rules in war time in the NPO:

Those of you crying foul at their law regarding not leaving during war time really do seem to have a pretty weak argument. Good on them for calling desertion during war time treason. It should be that way. Quite a few alliances have that rule, and rightfully so. One cannot reap the benefits of a strong alliance during peace time, and then move to greener pastures when the alliance may need you.

As for those of you making negative comments regarding their classification of the Jarheads war, I dare say that it's up to NPO to decide whether or not they are in a state of war. Only NPO can know their needs, expectations, and membership activity levels well enough to decide how to approach the situation.

Honestly, there are 150 things you can find to pick on NPO about. The two above should not be amongst them.

Why my dear Jerdge, the same way that every TWiP is supposed to foster aversion to the NPO.

Err.... Right?

*jerdge searches back and forth through his papers*

Ehm, could you repeat please? :blink:

On an unrelated note, with your consent I will call you "my dear Shantamantan" from now on ;).

On the topic of member retention rules in war time in the NPO:

Those of you crying foul at their law regarding not leaving during war time really do seem to have a pretty weak argument. Good on them for calling desertion during war time treason. It should be that way. Quite a few alliances have that rule, and rightfully so. One cannot reap the benefits of a strong alliance during peace time, and then move to greener pastures when the alliance may need you.

As for those of you making negative comments regarding their classification of the Jarheads war, I dare say that it's up to NPO to decide whether or not they are in a state of war. Only NPO can know their needs, expectations, and membership activity levels well enough to decide how to approach the situation.

Honestly, there are 150 things you can find to pick on NPO about. The two above should not be amongst them.

The defense of "It's up to them" doesn't fly here. Just because it's their decision doesn't automatically make that decision justified. This is not just anger at people who are leaving, it is fear that the NSO is going to steal members from them. Typical Pacifican paranoia.