This Week in Pacifica

Vox now resorts to cyber terrorism and OOC attacks, understandable, since IC actions achieved nothing but entertainment for the bored BOB and being counter-productive to the power-grab goals of Vox.

I'll ignore the OOC attacks comment, because there are plenty of topics where we've argued that issue and I've made my opinion quite clear, but Cyber Terrorism? Your kidding me, right?

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was brought up in implication, the humanitarian issue of oppressed Pacificans, being your concern as well, or at least of all Bobians.

Only natural step forward is my invitation to do something about it or stop wasting forum space.

TBB mixes me with the wrong alliance, and you put words in my mouth, what's up with that? Not liking what I have to say? meh.

I have not brought up any issues of "oppressed Pacificans" because frankly I couldn't give a rat's $@! about them. It's actually the same argument you use; if they don't like it, there's the door. If they truly feel oppressed but are too afraid of leaving, then I wouldn't want them standing next to me anyways, so in the end we all win: you keep your members, they don't rock the boat, and I can trust 100% of my alliance mates.

The only issue that I brought up is how the Pacific Order turns it's back to it's own brothers; Ivan Moldavi, and Polaris, have both suffered the same fate by the ignorant who have forgotten their own history while standing on the rooftops, foaming at the mouth, and making broad declarations about people being made targets.

Vox now resorts to cyber terrorism and OOC attacks, understandable, since IC actions achieved nothing but entertainment for the bored BOB and being counter-productive to the power-grab goals of Vox.

I'm sorry shah but is IRON now accusing Vox of shutting down their forums? Pulling the vox trigger doesn't work every time you know.

Your implied threat is duly noted, We understand your frustration and limitations of IC actions. I guess more the frustrations, more better the comics! more the entertainment!

1. You obviously have no idea what he's talking about.

2. Did you really just accuse us of threatening you with cyberterrorism?

Edited by Chief Savage Man

Vox;s allies resorting to cyber terrorism and OOC attacks, arent you guys advising Jarheads? lol, thier bad luck and understandable, since IC actions achieved nothing but entertainment for the bored BOB and being counter-productive to the power-grab goals of Vox.

Your implied threat is duly noted, We understand your frustration and limitations of IC actions. I guess more the frustrations, more better the comics! more the entertainment! Onwards with the weekly circus.

I dont believe Vox has stated they're advising jarheads, nor do I believe Vox would ever tell anyone to DDoS someone else, as I recall, devil dogs did the same to NPO, but because NPO didnt make a thread whining about it, and continually whined about it in every thread they could, the DDoSing stopped relatively quickly, the fact you're showing them it's bothering them is basically giving them reason to continue.

Probably when IRON surrenders to stop the assault on their communications array.

OOC: Actually, it'll probably end in some sort of legal action if the two affected ISPs have their way. ISPs that lose lots of money from such attacks love sticking it to script kiddies. ;)

Well, it was brought up in implication, the humanitarian issue of oppressed Pacificans, being your concern as well, or at least of all Bobians.

Only natural step forward is my invitation to do something about it or stop wasting forum space.

Everyone in the Order then at least, knows that.

Any more of this nit picking?

o/ Branimir

LOL, seem's the Bobians can't decide if the Pacificans are oppressing the inhabitants of Bob or themselves. These attitudes towards NPO are hilarious, if they can't find some mythical evidence of NPO oppressing the masses they make up evidence of NPO oppressing themselves, what a crazy crazy world our Bob is.

o/ NSO

o/ NPO

Vox;s allies resorting to cyber terrorism and OOC attacks, arent you guys advising Jarheads? lol, thier bad luck and understandable, since IC actions achieved nothing but entertainment for the bored BOB and being counter-productive to the power-grab goals of Vox.

Your implied threat is duly noted, We understand your frustration and limitations of IC actions. I guess more the frustrations, more better the comics! more the entertainment! Onwards with the weekly circus.

Cyber Terrorism? Hardly. They do not use any means of cyber-terrorism, at least not akin to what CN has seen in the past, such as the old /b/ raids and the like. I have also never seen any OOC attacks from Vox or their allies. They are not terrorists, they are simply doing what they believe is the best course of action for their intentions, which was a war against Pacifica and subsequent statements of 'facts' which could be misconstrued in any way, shape, or form. Their interpretation of 'facts' has led them to post what they believe, and their hatred for whoever and whatever.

They are not cyber-terrorists.

Irregardless[b/] of the overall situation, the Open Warfare sign was lit... I make no allowances.

They deserted during a time of Open Warfare, nit pick it all you wish... Have fun.

I will nit pick all I wish. See bolded.

Hopefully this can teach you some of the English skills that you missed out on. Maybe then you'll be able to take on the "traitors" more competently.

Excuse me, Vox's allies? Did you not say that Jarheads committed the attacks on your communications array? To my knowledge, Jarheads and Vox are in no way affiliated.

o/ Branimir

LOL, seem's the Bobians can't decide if the Pacificans are oppressing the inhabitants of Bob or themselves. These attitudes towards NPO are hilarious, if they can't find some mythical evidence of NPO oppressing the masses they make up evidence of NPO oppressing themselves, what a crazy crazy world our Bob is.

o/ NSO

o/ NPO

Is an oppressor only limited to one servile group? After all, the main servants of The Pacific are its peons.

Seems that Schattenman is the only one here who can effectively use mockery as a tool to drive a point home.

Edited by MaGneT

I think what people are questioning is the very fact that the sign was lit. It's not as if NPO was in any danger from all the 100 NS nations, especially taking into account that Jarheads is at war with around half a dozen alliances as well.

I publicly, within our forums, inquired just that, incredulous that it warranted such.

But while I may pose questions and disagree sometimes, I follow the letter/spirit of the Order's traditions.

As I said before, "...in my black and white view...."

As for all the cowpies about how Pacificans voices/thoughts are stifled, shoot, I speak my mind regularly and my comrades know that no one will change my mind once set without some dagblasted good reasoning.

I'm sorry shah but is IRON now accusing Vox of shutting down their forums? Pulling the vox trigger doesn't work every time you know.

Please, spare me the word games, where did I accuse Vox? I edited my post before I realized runescape-like crowd in CN and Youtube are different entities. and Vox are different entities :P.

You need to make up your mind guys. One week you are appalled and aghast that we close and move threads at times. This week a thread that allows our members to speak their minds demonstrates that the alliance as a whole hates the NSO and considers Ivan a threat. I would have thought that it indicates that we do allow people to freely express their opinions.

There is no such thing as free speech in the Orders' system of government. All speech that occurs occurs with the implicit consent of the Emperor. When you allowed this hate speech against the Imperator Emeritus to occur, you gave your implicit consent to it being uttered.

When threads are posted that are inconvenient for the NPO government, those threads are for the most part locked and/or archived. A thread calling into question the integrity of the Imperator Emeritus of both Orders might be one that should be considered inconvenient in any group of sane, non-schizophrenic Order leaders being that that is a direct affront to the rank and station of Emperor. As any junior Order member should know, that sort of thing isn't and can't be tolerated.

Long story short, this wouldn't have happened had your government not encouraged it to. You're quick to shut things down that will end up giving you a headache unless there's a perceived benefit to you allowing it to continue. Why wasn't this nipped in the bud with typical Pacifican ruthless efficiency? Are you really that afraid of that long shadow Ivan casts?

Please, spare me the word games, where did I accuse Vox? I edited my post before I realized runescape-like crowd in CN and Youtube are different entities. and Vox are different entities :P.

forgive me then... my reply was made to your unedited post

edit: which said "vox" instead of "vox's allies"

Edited by Deruvian

How about debate?

About what? People did not know some of our protocols. We informed them.

Some people raised their opinions about our protocols, but our protocols are not up to debate.

You are free to have an opinion about them whatever you please.

It's hardly nit picking. It's a very relevant issue that you made a claim about and that he found an error with. A pretty significant error that invalidates what you said.

I believe its actually a simple case of nit picking. I made a clam in relations to BR, but did not draw a picture.

I now did.

Actually I believe that it was Magnet who brought up a humanitarian issue of it, not hizzy

Correction made, thread moving to fast.

Not liking what I have to say?

Case of mixed identities I now understand that you did not bring up the issue towards which I referred.

The only issue that I brought up is how the Pacific Order turns it's back to it's own brothers; Ivan Moldavi

We have done that, how?

Long story short, this wouldn't have happened had your government not encouraged it to. You're quick to shut things down that will end up giving you a headache unless there's a perceived benefit to you allowing it to continue. Why wasn't this nipped in the bud with typical Pacifican ruthless efficiency? Are you really that afraid of that long shadow Ivan casts?

It was locked, and rather fast I must say.

You explicitly stated that Vox was resorting to cyber terrorism, while the topic of discussion was the DDoS attacks. It doesn't take a genius to make the connection.

Excuse me, Vox's allies? Did you not say that Jarheads committed the attacks on your communications array? To my knowledge, Jarheads and Vox are in no way affiliated.

Arent Vox advising Jarheads?

I pointed to Shantamantan's post where he clearly links OOC attacks with Jarhead attacks.

As for all the cowpies about how Pacificans voices/thoughts are stifled, shoot, I speak my mind regularly and my comrades know that no one will change my mind once set without some dagblasted good reasoning.

And if your mind was set on leaving NPO for friends in NSO?

If their reasoning was "we're in a war that you'll never be needed to fight in". . .

. . . you would buy into it and stay in Pacifica?

Chile, you seem like you have strong opinions, but people like you have a fatal flaw. You fail to see the other side. To the people who want to leave, the reasons they are being given to stay hold as much water as a sieve (because they are weak).

Face it. The motivation behind the "lock-in" is political. NSO is feared, thus, NSO's growth must be hampered.

"Vox's allies. . . cyberterrorism. . . " as quoted in my previous post.

Also, I don't know of this "YouTube" or "RuneScape" that you speak of. (OOC: please stay IC)

Cyber Terrorism? Hardly. They do not use any means of cyber-terrorism, at least not akin to what CN has seen in the past, such as the old /b/ raids and the like. I have also never seen any OOC attacks from Vox or their allies. They are not terrorists, they are simply doing what they believe is the best course of action for their intentions, which was a war against Pacifica and subsequent statements of 'facts' which could be misconstrued in any way, shape, or form. Their interpretation of 'facts' has led them to post what they believe, and their hatred for whoever and whatever.

They are not cyber-terrorists.

OOC: Are you advocating DDoS attacks? /OOC/