This Week in Pacifica

Actually, I meant nothing of the sort. I'm sorry that my post could be construed that way.

I was merely stating that given your prominent place in the history of the Order, as the first Emperor and one of its famed leaders, would make your new alliance a place NPO members might flock to. Hence, NSO has the potential to become a threat.

or an ally. but, from the many over-reactions and inability to think for one's self I've seen in my time here, it's not surprising this is the reaction.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't it be their members rights as individuals to make that decision themselves though?

Sorry Mogar, I don't have the time to have an in-depth debate on the rights retained vs. the rights given up when a nation joins an alliance.

Long story short, if you join an alliance, you give up some rights/freedom. What is given up depends on what the alliance determines. If it doesn't meet the criteria of the nation joining, they shouldn't join.

Why not just ask your spy in New Pacific Order to get you the definitions we use for different levels of military actions?

I would think his goal of this line of questioning is to get a public answer.

Sorry Mogar, I don't have the time to have an in-depth debate on the rights retained vs. the rights given up when a nation joins an alliance.

Long story short, if you join an alliance, you give up some rights/freedom. What is given up depends on what the alliance determines. If it doesn't meet the criteria of the nation joining, they shouldn't join.

I understand your point, I just dont think anyone should be able to tell me that I cant leave an alliance should I choose, I dont join an alliance to be a prisoner.

Edited by Mogar

Maybe it's just I need to get glasses like I should one of these days. But the text in your screenshots is rather hard to read especially given the skin used. Would it be possible to use a larger font or barring that perhaps use less compression to make it easier to read if you zoom in?

NPO wars tend to last for months after their opponents are soundly overwhelmed and beaten. Or they just don't ever end. I'm guessing that the NSO will need to look elsewhere for members for quite a while.
The 'Open Warfare' tag will come down way before 'months' pass, and then the ever present reality of perpetual warfare in a lesser status will allow us to continue in our day to day affairs (such as resignations from the Order) without such hateful warmongers as myself calling for the blood of deserters :o

Maybe it's just I need to get glasses like I should one of these days. But the text in your screenshots is rather hard to read especially given the skin used. Would it be possible to use a larger font or barring that perhaps use less compression to make it easier to read if you zoom in?

I think you should be able to click on the pictures and they will show bigger versions. The CN forums only allow for pictures so big before being sized down.

Yea, or next time just take a shot of the entire page...

*edit spelling

Edited by baha24

I believe the OP and the numerous implied threats around this forum of late have established fairly clearly that any mythos of Ivan Moldavi, former Emperor of the Order, insofar as the New Pacific Order regular membership is concerned is dead.

Your belief is wrong as your mythos is still strong around the globe and not only Pacifica.

Nobody forgot who Ivan Moldavi is, or that he left on good terms with the Order.

I am telling you what is the status of our conflict. What you think about it, is not my concern honestly, but should be of every Order nation.

Ah, yes, but when those Order nations are oppressed, when those Order nations are kept from joining the alliance that they desire, it becomes a humanitarian concern for Planet Bob.

The fact of the matter is that NPO's lobbying to have NSO cease accepting ex-Pacificans is not driven by anything related to the Jarheads war, but instead, it is driven by the fear that the IO's have for Moldavi.

Have you seen NPO approach any other alliances about them accepting Pacificans who have left during a war? I sure haven't.

Wow, six whole wars.

Well that's more than they have with your allies in FAN.

Lobbying for a treaty, are we?

Why not just ask your spy in New Pacific Order to get you the definitions we use for different levels of military actions?

Do those change based on the requirements of the moment like the definition of Francoism? If so, then I'm afraid it would be too difficult to keep up and we'll just let you keep that secret to yourselves.

So theoretically, if the leadership never declares the state of open warfare over, then nobody is allowed to leave Pacifica?

Yes, that would be correct.

At the same time, its a highly unlikely theoretical scenario which could only be, I guess, made a reality in the unlikely event we found ourselves in perpetual war on a loosing side, much like FAN.

Your belief is wrong as your mythos is still strong around the globe and not only Pacifica.

Nobody forgot who Ivan Moldavi is, or that he left on good terms with the Order.

I think the Big Bad did.

Coup attempts will do that. Also well done Vox with ground breaking revelations of this sort NPO will beaten sometime around 2018.
Sorry I missed your revisions. I think I will stick with the original version thanks.

Ah, yes, but when those Order nations are oppressed, when those Order nations are kept from joining the alliance that they desire, it becomes a humanitarian concern for Planet Bob.

Why don't you then intervene, as a concerned Bobian?

The facts blatantly contradict this statement.

Your propaganda does not change the truthfulness of my words.

I believe the OP and the numerous implied threats around this forum of late have established fairly clearly that any mythos of Ivan Moldavi, former Emperor of the Order, insofar as the New Pacific Order regular membership is concerned is dead.

Which is well and good to me, since I am not considered worthy of their praise then it is logical that I should not be considered a threat either, correct?

Actually, I wouldn't assume anything given a few posts on a forum. A few posts does not make it the will of the people. Given NSO's substantial growth, it's clear that the mythos of Ivan Moldavi is still relevant, even if it's not mainly comprised of NPO members.

I'm sure you never praised LUE but I'm sure you viewed them as a potential threat, or at least as someone to watch. Just because you don't get praised doesn't preclude you from being seen as a potential threat.

This information is interesting, but it's not exactly damning. People do have opinions. Mine personally entails thinking that nations - especially ones which have explicitly stated that their intent is not to threaten other nations or alliances within the game - should be allowed to do much of what they want; up to and including forming alliances of their own.