The amount of off-topic butthurt by MI6 in this thread is rather amusing.

We get it, you're still upset that your sorry little alliance got what was coming for it, but no amount of crying about how terrible everyone else is will bring the past back for you. Suck it up and start doing something useful instead of whining.

Uh, I don't think one member of MI6 has actually posted in this thread.

Edit: it's actually much more fun to see you respond that way to TBC members (including one of their Tri) considering their alliance is much closer to yours than ours is. Edited by kerschbs

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We get it, you're still upset that your sorry little alliance got what was coming for it, but no amount of crying about how terrible everyone else is will bring the past back for you. Suck it up and start doing something useful instead of whining.

I see Krabs got here first on this particularly idiotic post.

Well, Sax, at least you tried, or something.

Actually, they are TBC members who used to be in MI6 and have not forgotten that Sengoku sucks.

The rolling isn't really something any of us are all that upset about, nor do we have a low opinion of the other alliances involved in it, NPO included. ;)

The amount of ignorance that seeps from your pores pleases me both emotionally and sexually. Try again with your quip big boy

Oh wow Saxasm. I can't believe you don't spend your time tracking what AA MI6's former sensitive people happen to be wearing at the present time.

Oh wow Saxasm. I can't believe you don't spend your time tracking what AA MI6's former sensitive people happen to be wearing at the present time.

Gibs spends a good amount of time interacting with NPO on their forums and is an alliance leader for TBC. Sax absolutely knows better. I mean, you caught the difference didn't you?

The above post is a show of what the others have to offer in this thread... Why don't we call it a day and go home, if we can't even get to decent name-calling anymore?

Yes Saxasms above post is a delightful show of how improper research leads one to looking like an ass when making commentary on a subject they clearly know little to nothing about. Let it stand as a case study of the devolution of Pacifica thought

Citation needed.

Screendump from CNTel of Caladin running his mouth because we shut him off the OWF doesn't count either.

#FreeCaladin2016

Seriously though, if we have backrooms. Can I get access? It'd be nice. 

Anyways. If you sanction a member of an alliance and expect to get away with it, you're an idiot. Enjoy the battle guys.

I'm surprised he missed out on all the drama. Saxasm, tldr, people got pissed at each other in mi6 after the war etc, words were exhchanged, forums were deleted (?), what not, loads of drama. Many people who you'd normally recognized from mi6 during the war, left and many joined TBC. 

It's pretty common knowledge that some people float between AA's but are considered dual members of other AA's.

Floating between AA's, especially for the purpose of rogueing another alliance, does not exclude one from the repercussions of their actions. Since you and riley appear to be indicating that you have dual membership in other alliances it seems that you are also saying that your other AA's have sanctioned (pun intended) your actions or at the very least don't care that some of their members are acting in a way that could be potentially detrimental to them.

Using that logic, maybe BONES should have santioned all of Sengoku for Hart's original unwarranted sanction, since he was the leader and all.

The difference here is that Hart sanctioned a nation (who left his AA) that was hitting the ally of several of his allies at their request. Bones responded in typical Bones fashion and sanctioned Hart (a government member of an established AA). If people were upset about the original sanction, the appropriate response would have been to contact Sengoku and ask them about it rather than respond aggressively.

I would boldly suggest that DBDC are big boys that are fully capable of responding to the situation if they feel it's warranted. I'm glad they have the support of the peanut gallery though.

It sounds like clear statements have already been made regarding the matter:

CubaQuerida

(3/13/2016 12:21:33 AM)
I'm just saying how I interpret it, based on my own playstyle. I have no idea what he's up to, but I know who my friends are and I have his back. Edited by Lord Hitchcock

It's pretty common knowledge that some people float between AA's but are considered dual members of other AA's.

It's also common knowledge that one of the reasons people try to do this (and certainly the reason in this scenario) is so that they can go off and have fun raiding or w/e whilst giving their "other" alliance the plausible deniability of "well they aren't really ours atm." - but at the same time if something goes really wrong, they can wield the power of their connections as a potential threat to let them off easy.

So you end up at a point where an alliance is not responsible for the "dual members" and dual members are not responsible for any of the alliances they claim allegiance to. It's a great way to have your cake and eat it too.

But there's a point where a line is crossed, and when the leader of your merry bunch of raiders sanctions a leader of Oculus, you can't suddenly claim "sorry nothing to do with me I'm just a dual member". If they wanted to be DBDC members they could have stayed there and enjoyed both the perks and limitations of that. Can't have one without the other.

Because the longstanding precedent has really always been "war with the leader of an AA is war with the AA". Are we pretending MONGOLS wouldn't have responded? Are we pretending SPATR wouldn't have responded? Are you being intentionally dense or are you genuinely confused and trying to squeeze sympathy out of this? DBDC can cancel their treaty if they feel it has been so violated. Maybe they already served notice, I don't know. Heck, maybe Sengoku served notice when Cuba openly backed BONES over Sengoku because he "knows who his friends are" (and those friends apparently don't include IRON).

I do not like Sengoku, that is a well known fact, however their response is nothing revolutionary here. It's embarrassing to see a group who believe themselves untouchable bend over backwards to cite precedents that only exist in their heads while ignoring conventional precedents that they themselves actually followed in war the last few years, or in some cases, have outright broken.

This is not a war for casualties. This is not a war for kicks. This is not a war for fun. This is a war of a hartfw scorned. And hartfw didn't spend his time supporting rogue insurgencies against Oculus interests.

Bones was neither on the SP&TR AA nor is he the leader of them. The leader of SP&TR is Sgt Gus and had been since their inception.

Bones is just an ex-member that sanctioned Sengoku. And then Sengoku hit SP&TR..

It's also common knowledge that one of the reasons people try to do this (and certainly the reason in this scenario) is so that they can go off and have fun raiding or w/e whilst giving their "other" alliance the plausible deniability of "well they aren't really ours atm." - but at the same time if something goes really wrong, they can wield the power of their connections as a potential threat to let them off easy.

So you end up at a point where an alliance is not responsible for the "dual members" and dual members are not responsible for any of the alliances they claim allegiance to. It's a great way to have your cake and eat it too.

But there's a point where a line is crossed, and when the leader of your merry bunch of raiders sanctions a leader of Oculus, you can't suddenly claim "sorry nothing to do with me I'm just a dual member". If they wanted to be DBDC members they could have stayed there and enjoyed both the perks and limitations of that. Can't have one without the other.

Berbers being just the latest example of this. 

Edited by shahenshah

F5s8zwH.png

In the past, we've attempted to do our part to get along on Pink Sphere. We've attempted to do right by all of our allies and to be responsible citizens of our home on pink sphere. Our actions have not always been universally admired, and we have not always embraced the tactics of others on our sphere.

However, instead of contacting us or resolving this latest disagreement in a diplomatic way, an act of war was committed. An act of war I have no assurance or credible belief won't reoccur and therefore must consider a present and ongoing threat. That's all very well and good for most of the alliances in this dying world for the last six years, but it poses a very real problem for Sengoku. Out of respect to our common allies, I'd've loved for this to have been resolved in some other way. It wasn't. That's a shame.

Therefore, Sengoku recognizes a state of open war exists between ourselves and Swash Plates and Tail Rotors. Thanks for your time.

Auctor, Emperor of Sengoku

be careful tao protects swash plates and I heard they are like super duper tough but this war announcement might mean the end of ur alliance and everything u love!! bad move guys...bad move :facepalm:

edit: oh I ment to say tao sucks and ur lucky to fight a war where the guys ur fighting protectors are actually WEAKER then the ones ur fighting :awesome:

Edited by Montezuma

Because the longstanding precedent has really always been "war with the leader of an AA is war with the AA". Are we pretending MONGOLS wouldn't have responded? Are we pretending SPATR wouldn't have responded? Are you being intentionally dense or are you genuinely confused and trying to squeeze sympathy out of this? DBDC can cancel their treaty if they feel it has been so violated. Maybe they already served notice, I don't know. Heck, maybe Sengoku served notice when Cuba openly backed BONES over Sengoku because he "knows who his friends are" (and those friends apparently don't include IRON).

I do not like Sengoku, that is a well known fact, however their response is nothing revolutionary here. It's embarrassing to see a group who believe themselves untouchable bend over backwards to cite precedents that only exist in their heads while ignoring conventional precedents that they themselves actually followed in war the last few years, or in some cases, have outright broken.

This is not a war for casualties. This is not a war for kicks. This is not a war for fun. This is a war of a hartfw scorned. And hartfw didn't spend his time supporting rogue insurgencies against Oculus interests.

Obviously I am not Cuba and don't speak for him...but maybe he thinks IRON is selling them down the river? IRON would never do something like that especially with their core values being loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage. They are shining alliance....i can't even finish that with a straight face. IRON is an alliance that would sell out an ally just to get a W in their record books. Thier loyality only commits them to the winning side and they fill their duty, personal courage, and selfless service when they strap on their kneepads afterwards.

It looks like oculus is already making preperations to expand this. Sending most of those in the top 250 to PM.

Floating between AA's, especially for the purpose of rogueing another alliance, does not exclude one from the repercussions of their actions. Since you and riley appear to be indicating that you have dual membership in other alliances it seems that you are also saying that your other AA's have sanctioned (pun intended) your actions or at the very least don't care that some of their members are acting in a way that could be potentially detrimental to them.

Please show me where I've indicated that I have dual membership somewhere and that they support my actions?

E- sorry for the triple post...damn near impossible to multi quote via phone. Edited by rileyaddaff

Far be it for me to argue with the great and powerful Argent emperor, may his reign be eternal, but Hart was speaking about the actions of 1 individual. If Sengoku wanted to respond to the sanction by BONES, why not leave it at the nation level?

What did Tim or Gatorback do to Sengoku besides happening to be on the same AA as BONES?

Using that logic, maybe BONES should have santioned all of Sengoku for Hart's original unwarranted sanction, since he was the leader and all.

This is a clear cut case of Sengoku aggression, and all world leaders should join together in condemning the actionsbof the vile pirate king Hartfw and his band of misfits!

Down with the Sengokuan Hegemony!

Leave it at a nation level? I don't think we've been in the same universe for the last how many years. I can't even take that as anything other than a joke, because that's not at all how things work. You can maybe, and I mean maybe, bring "where was the diplomacy!?" into the mix (which imo was out when BONES unilaterally acted without any discussion, as far as I am aware anyway), but do not waste time with 'between individuals' nonsense. That's just not how this works at this stage.

Sengoku acted to counter the obvious threat imposed by MONGOLS. They would have responded, you know it, I know it. I'm sure if DBDC really wants to they can sue for peace with those nations, I doubt Sengoku would mind given their hands will be full. And maybe SPATR would not have gone, however based on rhetoric I see it was still a distinguished possibility. But to pretend it makes no sense or otherwise breaks from logic is quite frankly disingenuous. You can't even say it breaks from precedent, preemptive strikes aren't new, they were used in several of the last few wars for Janax's sake.

And don't give me any of that "using that logic" nonsense. rileyaddaff was sanctioned on proper grounds as many before him have been and many after will be, the fact he was sponsored by Doomsphere is irrelevant as Sengoku is not a Doomie, is not in PECS (in fact they refused to join in the first place because of BONES, and iirc BONES liquidated SPATR's part in PECS when he raged that one time), and is otherwise unconnected to them. BONES conducted an act of aggression, in Cuba's words war, cut and dry. There have been larger wars fought over much less and the anchor Doomsphere alliances are by no means a beacon of virtue in that department, much less unofficial rogue pocket AA's sponsored by Doomsphere.

Bones was neither on the SP&TR AA nor is he the leader of them. The leader of SP&TR is Sgt Gus and had been since their inception.

Bones is just an ex-member that sanctioned Sengoku. And then Sengoku hit SP&TR..

My apologies, he's just listed as a leader on their wiki page, has a habit of deciding their treaties, switches on and off the SPATR AA bi-monthly, and remains their acting senator. You're right, no connection at all, and no reason SPATR would back him or send ghosts to his AA of Mongoloids.

Obviously I am not Cuba and don't speak for him...but maybe he thinks IRON is selling them down the river? IRON would never do something like that especially with their core values being loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage. They are shining alliance....i can't even finish that with a straight face. IRON is an alliance that would sell out an ally just to get a W in their record books. Thier loyality only commits them to the winning side and they fill their duty, personal courage, and selfless service when they strap on their kneepads afterwards.

It looks like oculus is already making preperations to expand this. Sending most of those in the top 250 to PM.

Selling them down the river before or after openly supporting your insurgency against IRON's ally? If it's before, you'd think an alliance as big and powerful as DBDC would have actually done something about it, as the old saying goes.

[Sengoku] is not in PECS (in fact they refused to join in the first place because of BONES, and iirc BONES liquidated SPATR's part in PECS when he raged that one time)

At the risk of contradicting Lowsten the great and powerful, that had nothing to do with our position vis a vis PECS.

At the risk of contradicting Lowsten the great and powerful, that had nothing to do with our position vis a vis PECS.

I was told differently when I inquired why Sengoku was not forcibly assimilated into PECS as we discussed how to respond to your move. However, it was third party information from my perspective so its accuracy was never mine to know (Sengoku and Argent weren't on speaking terms at the time and I never had a reason to ask since).

Edit: I found the quote I was looking for. BONES was stated to have been a "partial" reason, not the reason in and off itself. Still, from a third party, but I just wanted to clarify the facts as I knew them.

Edited by James Spanier