And how Sengoku is "playing politics" currently? They are fighting war which is pointless from political point of view. SPATR and Kaskus are at very peripheries of the so called treaty web. And MONGOLS has no treaties, just like GPA or Kashmir.

Of course Sengoku senator was sanctioned, so they had to respond to this. But politically they don't gain anything. Unless I'm missing something.

Simply put, Doom is forced to either, 1) sit back and do nothing while a decent chunk of their upper tier threat is slowly ground down to reality with the rest of us, or 2) enter a war of which they cannot win in any tier besides the super tier in order to defend Timmehhh and BONES, since Sengoku and by extension Oculus are able to claim defensive clauses and I'd presume DK allies are not exactly willing to burn against Oculus for BONE's sake.

Kudos to Oc for the political maneuver, I'd been expecting something like this for a while but am surprised this was their play, though it did sort of fall into their lap.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply put, Doom is forced to either, 1) sit back and do nothing while a decent chunk of their upper tier threat is slowly ground down to reality with the rest of us, or 2) enter a war of which they cannot win in any tier besides the super tier in order to defend Timmehhh and BONES, since Sengoku and by extension Oculus are able to claim defensive clauses and I'd presume DK allies are not exactly willing to burn against Oculus for BONE's sake.

Kudos to Oc for the political maneuver, I'd been expecting something like this for a while but am surprised this was their play, though it did sort of fall into their lap.

Did Sengoku really attack Mongols and Spatr without alerting any of their allies IRON, NPO or NG?  All I am seeing is an unsanctioned aggressive war by Sengoku against Bones and allies that looks like a suicide attack similar to recent TPF hitting NPO... :psyduck:

Did Sengoku really attack Mongols and Spatr without alerting any of their allies IRON, NPO or NG?  All I am seeing is an unsanctioned aggressive war by Sengoku against Bones and allies that looks like a suicide attack similar to recent TPF hitting NPO... :psyduck:

That would be absolutely correct. You've summed the entire situation up brilliantly as usual.

Why is it always the alliances I like who end up on the short stick of these things? If Oculus doesn't pre-empt DK or something & does jump in on those already fighting, I'll start feeling bad for the SPATR/Mongols/Kaskus/Monsters Inc side.

Seems we're never fighting on the same side & I'm already bogged down in war in a unrelated war when Oculus makes a move. I guess being unable to interfere with the outcome & involving alliances I have some attachment to adds an entertainment value of its own. Maybe if Doom stays uninvolved to long, then both sides know Doom isn't on our side & hit them; while peacing each other?

Then Limitless Nexus, Kaskus & Sungoku could all be fighting on the same side if against Doom; rather than those outside Doom grinding down their stats to make any eventual rise against Doom harder. They aren't unbeatable, it just requires many alliances putting differences aside to fight for a common goal in breaking their hold on the world. The next great war will be when the civilized & revolutionary alliances of the world decide to band together to defeat Doom's hold over the world. Although waiting longer will only make it statistically harder.

No one is on the short end of the stick here. SPaTR have exactly the war they set out to provoke and we get to stand by our principles as an alliance.

Why is it always the alliances I like who end up on the short stick of these things? If Oculus doesn't pre-empt DK or something & does jump in on those already fighting, I'll start feeling bad for the SPATR/Mongols/Kaskus/Monsters Inc side.

Seems we're never fighting on the same side & I'm already bogged down in war in a unrelated war when Oculus makes a move. I guess being unable to interfere with the outcome & involving alliances I have some attachment to adds an entertainment value of its own. Maybe if Doom stays uninvolved to long, then both sides know Doom isn't on our side & hit them; while peacing each other?

Then Limitless Nexus, Kaskus & Sungoku could all be fighting on the same side if against Doom; rather than those outside Doom grinding down their stats to make any eventual rise against Doom harder. They aren't unbeatable, it just requires many alliances putting differences aside to fight for a common goal in breaking their hold on the world. The next great war will be when the civilized & revolutionary alliances of the world decide to band together to defeat Doom's hold over the world. Although waiting longer will only make it statistically harder.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see DK get rolled. SPTR has a special place in our hearts- and they had nothing to do with the OP.

Absolutely nothing.

And the day I'm fighting on the same side as Kim Jun Junka, is the day I step down as leader because I would have failed our FA, miserably. Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Are you drunk on protein shakes again? :ehm: Ist you post if we stop fighting you ,you will fight against Occulus in another thread and now you want Bones and Occulus to unite their tribes under your command and hit Doom...cool story bro tell us more! :awesome:

Wow. How quickly you flip flop on things. First you want to lend a hand for SPTR with thier current wars. Now you want them to unite under your banner and attack doom? I can't wait for your next post saying you will help attack SPTR for Sengoku.

As entertaining as posts speculating exactly what Sengoku and Oculus and DBDC and Doom Kingdom are going to do or not do and why like the one below are

and do feel free to carry on with them...

there is something I think should be pointed out which people might want to consider while gossiping:  Yes, DBDC has a good relationship with Bones and in many situations would have his back.  However, in THIS particular war there is a little complication:  DBDC and Sengoku have a ODoA and as a result in many situations, DBDC would have Sengoku's back.

Giving credit where credit is do, CLEARLY Argent was able to predict this mess long ago and, hind sight being twenty twenty, I now see Argent's master plan being carried out when they told Sengok "you shall sign a treaty with DBDC...all shall be reviled to you the following year as to the wisdom of this action....".  Well played Argent, well played. 

Edited by White Chocolate

I mean, it's my opinion that letting Oculus throw away a decent amount of the upper tier advantage they've been building away against SPATR/Timmehhh/BONES/X5000/murtibing is highly beneficial to you, where getting involved is not so much, but to pretend like this was a random decision is naive at best.

Giving credit where credit is do, CLEARLY Argent was able to predict this mess long ago and, hind sight being twenty twenty, I now see Argent's master plan being carried out when they told Sengok "you shall sign a treaty with DBDC...all shall be reviled to you the following year as to the wisdom of this action....".  Well played Argent, well played. 

Well if were assigning credit where credit is due... that was me not Argent.

I mean, it's my opinion that letting Oculus throw away a decent amount of the upper tier advantage they've been building away against SPATR/Timmehhh/BONES/X5000/murtibing is highly beneficial to you, where getting involved is not so much, but to pretend like this was a random decision is naive at best.

So are you still anti-everything non-Mogar? Or are one of us more evil than the other now? Just curious....

So are you still anti-everything non-Mogar? Or are one of us more evil than the other now? Just curious....

I'm quite content to let this play out. If the rumor mill is accurate, your side will certainly be seen as the more evil side but we'll see what happens within the next few days.

The problem is you have to wait 25 hours before you can nuke and the super tier have to many soldiers to anarchy with a quad. There is literally no way to stop the counters unless the super tier people are inactive for 25+ hours.

nah i think it's only 24 hrs. check the time Bones and company countered it got past that time frame. and seng can easily dismissed all their ground soldiers.

Due to their foolishness in declaring the wars maybe, but that's it. You may not realize how much damage just a CM from those nations do. They have 0 soldiers and are not losing ground battles. WTF used the 0 soldier/nuke/cm strategy for months and were torn to shreds by Cuba. I'd say Bones nukes take 2000 infra at least and probably 1000 tech if not way more.

If you don't have 60-80k tech nations to fight them, you simply can't even come close to matching their damage. They knock people out of declaration range in a round and never fall very much due to their massive tech and land.

i do if i can remember...cuba's 1 cm alone can vanish 2000-4000 NS, nukes 5000-15000NS. but that can be fine if they can only be nuke once. if 1 member of seng can declare 3 wars at the same time, say their nuke+cm's can slice 1500-2000NS on 3x (3 nations) a day, the NS absorbed and caused aren't that far. to add, these nations can rebuild right after to maintain they are in range to redeclare again.

Edited by visayan

I'm quite content to let this play out. If the rumor mill is accurate, your side will certainly be seen as the more evil side but we'll see what happens within the next few days.

if we go by your circle of grapewine, NG would have declared on Polar last month. 

The war with Sengoku is more or less random, as it was prompted by Bones' sanction.

The war with GOONS and (by extension) Umbrella isn't random. Have you ever heard about GOONS-MONGOLS war that took place in 2012? After that war, the group of ex-MONGOLS, led by Sgt Gus, founded SPATR. They received help with rebuilding from Bones. Sgt Gus developed a grand strategy to build small, but very strong alliance. Do you understand now why the war against GOONS was started by MONGOLS?

Personally, I don't care about GOONS or Umbrella one way or another. I wasn't member of the original MONGOLS. I joined SPATR in January 2014. I didn't have to take part in the Plan. Everyone had option to leave. But just leaving and taking with myself that 40k tech which I received free of charge (I had about 20k tech when joining SPATR)? And leaving people who saved my skin when I started aggressive wars against FAN, TCB and WAPA? That would be dishonourable. So I'm with SPATR till the end.

Edited by murtibing

Citation needed.

Screendump from CNTel of Caladin running his mouth because we shut him off the OWF doesn't coun either.

So it seems you smoked out a rat, good for you. Sadly, more work needs to be done cause that wasn't the one i was referring to. Edited by rileyaddaff