NpO Treaty Update

I would agree, but I suspect Tywin spent more effort witch hunting than preparing a defence. He seems to have gutted the alliance rather than prepared for combat.

Maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that it wasn't going to happen regardless, which was my point. I really do not believe it was, or is, possible to mount that kind of massive internal reform successfully in that amount of time. SNX's military disability took its entire existence to create, that's not going to be fixed overnight, if ever. Tywin may or may not have illegally couped the government and run out the established proprietors (who presided over, understood, and did nothing about SNX's situation), but do you really think SNX was going to mount a better defense with those who fostered the degradation of SNX present? Polar was going to drop SNX regardless, all Tywin seemingly did was cut the superfluous government that enabled their state, nothing about the rank and file membership really changed on his watch.

Doom War, in which SNX got rolled over, ended in mid February. At the beginning of April SNX had 146 members. In May, where SNX said they were unable to fight the #78 alliance with a coalition, they were down to 119 members. By the end of June they were down to 94. They lost more members in that three month period than Argent, TOP, or Sengoku currently have as their entire AA. And halfway through it they outright admitted to being entirely unfit to put up even a meager defense for their protectorate. So no, but I cannot buy into the notion that Tywin somehow could have done anything different for a better result, because SNX's military machine was utterly broken (possibly beyond repair) well before six days ago when he joined the AA.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you're trying to be noble n all, but if you guys disband over a raid, it's rather telling.

Honestly that disbanding over a raid is even a possible outcome is pretty telling.

This is a battle for survival. And you are wholly right. Not so much how we got into this situation, but more how a simple set of raids really has us with our backs against the wall. it is a failure. A failure of previous governments, a failure of our FA policy, and ultimately, a failure of the membership, myself included to really get a handle on things before it was necessary to have that handle. It is time to pay that price. I don't believe this is necessarily the end, and I will fight for it not to be, but to deny this is a very real possibility is idiotic to the point of lunacy. We have been dealt a set of cards, and these cards have been influenced by our actions and inactions. We've had moments of awareness, but have lacked either the wisdom or the will to effect change. This sorry situation is the summation of a lot of things. James Spanier is right that the die was cast before Tywin took the lead. Six days is no time to undo the damage and change the ethos that has existed since before the founding of the alliance. I hope that this situation can be overcome, and we have the time and space to try to change things. Of course, being given that chance will be very different to us seizing that opportunity.

If that opportunity is denied us, it will be disappointing but not unsurprising. In that scenario, I refer to this scene from a classic film;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKGPiecEEbA

Edited by Edward Graceford

I wonder what it's like for NPO seeing their allies flying the Red Raiding Safari banner.

I'm sure Cortath is just shakin in his boots mad right now :ehm:

I wonder what it's like for NPO seeing their allies flying the Red Raiding Safari banner.

I pointed out how hilarious it was earlier.

My only complaint is that Stewie should have been more original.

Edward and tywin, think of this as a roll call. We emailed the majority of your alliance for you, all they have to do is check in, and send peace. Those that haven't been hit, send them to peace mode. Those that follow orders (or peaced already) are the members you can count on to grow past this incident. So take the hit on the chin like a man and move on. Quit acting like this is some great big battle, because its not. Do what you need to do get past this attack, get your alliance back on track, because that's where the real battle begins.

Edward and tywin, think of this as a roll call. We emailed the majority of your alliance for you, all they have to do is check in, and send peace. Those that haven't been hit, send them to peace mode. Those that follow orders (or peaced already) are the members you can count on to grow past this incident. So take the hit on the chin like a man and move on. Quit acting like this is some great big battle, because its not. Do what you need to do get past this attack, get your alliance back on track, because that's where the real battle begins.

Ignore this post SNX. This is a terrible idea, and couldn't possibly resolve the matter and save your AA for a few more months. Continue to fight the raiders.

Edited by Abshire

The size of a battle is one of perspective. To elements of SNX, this is indeed a "big battle". For the record I prefer the term important battle. What may not be an important battle for you, may indeed be one for us. Like it or not, this is an existential threat to SNX. I say that knowing full well what that says about us, our state of preparedness, and our general condition. As for the email to the majority of the alliance, the only one I've seen is one to sign up to Doom. No mention of retaining SNX sovereignty, or remaining as SNX, as you seem to indicate. If that rings untrue, please furnish me with a copy of the message you mean and I'll look into it. Ultimately If this offer is on the table, please discuss in private with us.

I understand there may or may not be co-ordination amongst the various raiding groups here, but there are certainly more than one at play. As such, any possible agreement reached may not necessarily reflect on the other groups. This doesn't appear to be a situation that is so easily resolved and moved on from. I ay of course be mistaken. I welcome any private communications on the matter you may have, whether to clarify or correct my understanding, or other purposes.

Graceford 2015

SNX2_zpsiuzgyrfo.png

"He's Not Tywin!"

16:49 ReytheGreat • come on everybody, let's clap for positivity
16:49 ReytheGreat • ty.
16:49 ReytheGreat • win sucks.
16:49 ReytheGreat • ty.
16:49 ReytheGreat • win sucks.
16:49 ReytheGreat • TY.
16:49 ReytheGreat • WIN SUCKS.

The size of a battle is one of perspective. To elements of SNX, this is indeed a "big battle". For the record I prefer the term important battle. What may not be an important battle for you, may indeed be one for us. Like it or not, this is an existential threat to SNX. I say that knowing full well what that says about us, our state of preparedness, and our general condition. As for the email to the majority of the alliance, the only one I've seen is one to sign up to Doom. No mention of retaining SNX sovereignty, or remaining as SNX, as you seem to indicate. If that rings untrue, please furnish me with a copy of the message you mean and I'll look into it. Ultimately If this offer is on the table, please discuss in private with us.

I understand there may or may not be co-ordination amongst the various raiding groups here, but there are certainly more than one at play. As such, any possible agreement reached may not necessarily reflect on the other groups. This doesn't appear to be a situation that is so easily resolved and moved on from. I ay of course be mistaken. I welcome any private communications on the matter you may have, whether to clarify or correct my understanding, or other purposes.

He is referring to the email you get when you are attacked in game brochacho... :v:

Tell your nations that if they don't a) accept peace; or b) rebuy troops and I am no longer able to raid them, I will commence nuking them until they rebuy troops.

Yes I noticed the "raiders" have began to implement nuclear first strikes on our membership. I have the honor of firing the first Imperium nuke in self defense, which so happens to be my first nuke fired since 2008.

Yes I noticed the "raiders" have began to implement nuclear first strikes on our membership. I have the honor of firing the first Imperium nuke in self defense, which so happens to be my first nuke fired since 2008.

Congrats brochacho... :awesome: :nuke: Looks like the "Raid" just became a War of Extermination... :frantic: Also your AA intiated the raid going nuclear according to the nuke report so whatever consequences and further destruction is on your hands not the raiders... :war:

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_news.asp?Search=Supernova%20X&SearchBy=Nation_Alliance

Edited by Stonewall14

Go ahead, nuke me. It will only my ego bigger and my nation tinier. :)

(translation available UPON REQUEST)

How I'd describe the Republik's current situation:

"Ich möchte stärker werden,
weil unsere Welt sehr grausam ist
Es ist ratsam, welke Blumen zu entfernen

Du fragst mich, ob ich mit dir komm
Du flüsterst mir in mein Ohr
Du fragst mich, ob ich deine Hand nehm
Ich hab keinen Grund, dich abzulehnen

Du fragst mich, ob ich mit dir komm
Du flüsterst mir in mein Ohr
Du fragst mich, ob ich deine Hand nehm

(Du flüsterst mir)

Ja, ich bin viel stärker, als ich je gedacht hab
Fliege höher!
Laufe viel schneller!
Vergiss die Wahrheit nicht!
Ich entferne welke Blumen
Wieso siehst du so traurig aus?

Diese Welt ist grausam
Es ist traurig aber wahr
Diese Welt ist seltsam
Es ist fraglich aber wahr
Ist der Blumengarten echt oder falsch?

Ich möchte stärker werden,
weil unsere Welt sehr grausam ist
Es ist ratsam, welke Blumen zu entfernen

Fliege höher!
Laufe viel schneller!
Vergiss die Wahrheit nicht!
Ich entferne welke Blumen
Wieso siehst du so traurig aus?

Was willst du von mir?
Ich mag wollen oder nicht, ich muss den Feind verfolgen
Ich bin nicht frei von dieser Welt

Was willst du von mir?
Ich mag wollen oder nicht, ich muss den Feind verfolgen
Ich bin nicht frei von dieser Welt

Egal wie hart du auch bist
Fliege höher!
Laufe viel schneller!
Du bist sehr stark
Du bindest einen Blumenkranz
Wieso siehst du so traurig aus?"

(translation available UPON REQUEST)

If you think you're doing SNX any favors, then you're a moron.

By reducing their infrastructure levels, we're reducing their bills. By reducing their bills, we're turning poor war chests into slightly adequate war chests. So, yes, it can be argued that we are, in our own unique way, helping SNX.