NpO Treaty Update

I find it grotesque that you'd recruit someone who still has an AA set. Expressing a desire to leave is not the same thing as leaving.

In fairness he said more than just wanting to leave, although I suspect further discussion will leas to a dead parrot debate.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been getting all kinds of mass messages in game from several alliances actually. Kind of amuses me how people are scrambling over the chance to pick up a deserter or two, and interesting to watch the mob mentality at work.

Edited by Immortan Junka

We have been getting all kinds of mass messages in game from several alliances actually. Kind of amuses me how people are scrambling over the chance to pick up a deserter or two, and interesting to watch the mob mentality at work.

That is definitely uncouth behavior, I will give you that Tywin.

I wouldn't class someone who refuses to serve under an unlawful government a deserter. Especially when that unlawful government has seized power with the sole intent of getting the alliance brutally destroyed to satisfy their own egotrip.

EDIT: Also 90 wars and SNX has only managed 1 counter! 1! I mean what??? Edited by Icewolf

Ah. There you are. It heartens me to see you finally pop up.

Tell me, how is karma going to come around this time? Give me all the details. I love details.

Apparently 'karma' involves SNX shedding 22% of its NS in four days (with most of that loss coming before even one raider attacked) and then JunkaTywin kicking a bunch of people out of his IRC channel.

EDIT:

snx3.png

Edited by kingzog

I wouldn't class someone who refuses to serve under an unlawful government a deserter. Especially when that unlawful government has seized power with the sole intent of getting the alliance brutally destroyed to satisfy their own egotrip.EDIT: Also 90 wars and SNX has only managed 1 counter! 1! I mean what???

Please get out of here with the "illegal government" rhetoric. Nobody intelligent is going to wait around for instructions from an Emperor who hasn't logged into the forums since June 10 while a war is going on.

The way a big portion of this community has become is absolutely disgusting, and this desire to persecute the remains of our little alliance for having the audacity to have an active government rather than keel over and accept the death being willed upon us is a very big part of why there are less than ten thousand nations in this world left. Edited by Immortan Junka

I'd like to chime in here. First, a small introduction. i'm Edward Graceford, longtime SNX member, currently Field Marshal. Those who have had the dubious pleasure of my company and thoughts in SNX in the past will probably know me as the resident curmudgeon. Internally my criticisms of the various governments of this alliance have been, to say the least, fierce.

I'm not going to give my thoughts on the current way things are being run. As a current member of SNX I do not feel it is appropriate at this juncture, if at all.

Those who say they do this because of Tywin, or to euthanise SNX, it's a kindness, its necessary, it is the only thing to do. Kindly vacate the moral highground. You have no place being there. This is barbarism, the preying on the weak not because it is the right thing, but purely because you can. The mob mentality surfaces. Behind this veneer of respectability is nothing but a vicious gang of vultures. It is not about restoring hope, its the about the joy of putting the boot in. Whether Tywin was here or not, we'd still be facing this about now. What would your justification have been then?

It is no secret we have problems, but to say we are terrible? No. We are nice guys, we've been through hell and back, and are still standing, albeit on shaky ground with weak legs. Whatever the future of SNX, I'll always be fond of (most of) my time here. Some can argue we deserve a better government. if so, ours is not the only verminous government involved in this sorry situation.

I hold no loyalty to the government of SNX, whether elected or self-appointed. My loyalty is to its members. I'll admit Im not a strong or experienced nation. What I lack in stength and knowledge I'll make up in heart and spirit. I'm gonna get hammered in the coming days. And you know, I really couldn't care less. If you are serious about "Restoring Hope" (no, don't laugh), perhaps you'd let SNX decide for itself, without holding a gun to our heads. Judging by your views, and your actions, all we can do is accept one form of tyranny or another.

By all means enjoy the fun and games. This is the drama train that has long since abandoned the tracks and is doing its own thing. Just drop any pretence about this being a benevolent and liberating act. You make yourselves look like idiots. Let's at least call a spade a spade in this.

I find it grotesque that you'd recruit someone who still has an AA set. Expressing a desire to leave is not the same thing as leaving.

I do to, but lets examine thoroughly what he said

To: Pope Bubba XIII From: Nate Belcik Date: 7/11/2015 12:38:09 AM

Subject: No war

By Twinn's own admission he considered this thing a character building exercise,

I'm in the process of leaving my alliance

I considered this a cry for help, Like dialing 911

because they suck.

This speaks for itself it's a common reaction when people realize truth.

mqdefault.jpg

This is barbarism, the preying on the weak not because it is the right thing, but purely because you can. The mob mentality surfaces. Behind this veneer of respectability is nothing but a vicious gang of vultures. It is not about restoring hope, its the about the joy of putting the boot in. Whether Tywin was here or not, we'd still be facing this about now. What would your justification have been then?

Does anyone dispute their motives?  SNX showed itself to be weak, they saw an opportunity, and here you all are.

Whatever you believe, it's not a crowd that's going to be receptive to a lecture about its supposed wrongdoings, and SNX still needs to get its shit together.  Your efforts would be best spent focusing on the latter.

I'd like to chime in here. First, a small introduction. i'm Edward Graceford, longtime SNX member, currently Field Marshal. Those who have had the dubious pleasure of my company and thoughts in SNX in the past will probably know me as the resident curmudgeon. Internally my criticisms of the various governments of this alliance have been, to say the least, fierce.

I'm not going to give my thoughts on the current way things are being run. As a current member of SNX I do not feel it is appropriate at this juncture, if at all.

Those who say they do this because of Tywin, or to euthanise SNX, it's a kindness, its necessary, it is the only thing to do. Kindly vacate the moral highground. You have no place being there. This is barbarism, the preying on the weak not because it is the right thing, but purely because you can. The mob mentality surfaces. Behind this veneer of respectability is nothing but a vicious gang of vultures. It is not about restoring hope, its the about the joy of putting the boot in. Whether Tywin was here or not, we'd still be facing this about now. What would your justification have been then?

It is no secret we have problems, but to say we are terrible? No. We are nice guys, we've been through hell and back, and are still standing, albeit on shaky ground with weak legs. Whatever the future of SNX, I'll always be fond of (most of) my time here. Some can argue we deserve a better government. if so, ours is not the only verminous government involved in this sorry situation.

I hold no loyalty to the government of SNX, whether elected or self-appointed. My loyalty is to its members. I'll admit Im not a strong or experienced nation. What I lack in stength and knowledge I'll make up in heart and spirit. I'm gonna get hammered in the coming days. And you know, I really couldn't care less. If you are serious about "Restoring Hope" (no, don't laugh), perhaps you'd let SNX decide for itself, without holding a gun to our heads. Judging by your views, and your actions, all we can do is accept one form of tyranny or another.

By all means enjoy the fun and games. This is the drama train that has long since abandoned the tracks and is doing its own thing. Just drop any pretence about this being a benevolent and liberating act. You make yourselves look like idiots. Let's at least call a spade a spade in this.

You have 48 cruise missiles, but we look like idiots.

Whatever you say, Herr Field Marshal.

Actually, I don't.

I didn't say you were idiots in the military sense, more that the rhetoric from some of you about it being restoring hope is idiotic.

As for Herr, which i'm assuming is a reference to my taking a dictatorial stance on things, that is blatantly false.

As said, I ain't much of a nation, but whatever I am I will give it my all for those who have stood by me. If that means I go down with this ship, so be it.

What i said i feel just needed to be said. I stand by those who have stood by me. Thats all I'll say to this. In truth, this is the most fun i've had in a while, whatever has happened or is going to happen.

Why people want to recruit nations that roll over at the first sign of trouble is beyond me.

Why people want to recruit nations that roll over at the first sign of trouble is beyond me.

Right?! I see it as a sign of desperation for their own part. As their own AA gasps for air, slowly drowning, ever so quietly behind the smoke screen.

All of you are pathetic. Leave SNX alone to die in peace if that's what's going to happen, or allow them the space to get on their feet. The fact is, SNX has been a mess since the day it formed. Junka may be the one person crazy enough to actually put SNX on a stable footing for the first time ever. I don't know how all of you got this Tywin fetish, every last dang one of you, somehow, but for once just leave the man alone and leave SNX alone. I expect this kind of shenanigans from certain AA's but I'm surprised at some others.

Right?! I see it as a sign of desperation for their own part. As their own AA gasps for air, slowly drowning, ever so quietly behind the smoke screen.
All of you are pathetic. Leave SNX alone to die in peace if that's what's going to happen, or allow them the space to get on their feet. The fact is, SNX has been a mess since the day it formed. Junka may be the one person crazy enough to actually put SNX on a stable footing for the first time ever. I don't know how all of you got this Tywin fetish, every last dang one of you, somehow, but for once just leave the man alone and leave SNX alone. I expect this kind of shenanigans from certain AA's but I'm surprised at some others.

If you feel so strongly then back up your convictions with action, convince your government to offer SNX a temporary protectorate. Who is more pathetic, the mob committing acts of barbarism or the the bystander condemning the barbarism yet does nothing?

It is an act of christian charity to put a rabid dog down rather than to allow it to suffer the results of its own madness, or worse, harm another with its instability.

If you are serious about "Restoring Hope" (no, don't laugh), perhaps you'd let SNX decide for itself, without holding a gun to our heads. Judging by your views, and your actions, all we can do is accept one form of tyranny or another.

Operation Restoring Hope is indeed no laughing matter. It is being carried out by a very serious and strong willed Unified Task Force mandated to protect technological assets from being lost forever, and moreover to establish a secure environment in these anarchic times for SNX.

Roll out the white painted tanks of protection and security!

Please get out of here with the "illegal government" rhetoric. Nobody intelligent is going to wait around for instructions from an Emperor who hasn't logged into the forums since June 10 while a war is going on.

So no one is capable of rallying defenders in the interim period without giving themselves a silly title? No other government minister can deputise without needing a coup?

Not that it really makes a difference as your contribution hasn't exactly been astounding. The defence of SNX against the Safari raiders which began under your watch was a joke.