NpO Treaty Update

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, moralism leads to actual debate. There was a time when that existed on these forums, and that time ended when there wasn't anyone left giving much of a $%&@ if tech raids were happening or not.

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's hard to remember times in the past 5 years when alliances might have actually been constrained or thwarted by prevailing moral standards, and you could probably argue that even then it was less about community standards, and much more about politics. Now you could count on one hand the number of AA's that place significant weight on anything close to "morals" in determining their allies and FP - this, despite the large number of individuals who delude themselves into thinking they're "just a bunch of laid-back nice guys," who just happen to always be on the side of sociopaths, despots, and vultures.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

To: USMC123 From: Tropicalstorm Date: 7/12/2015 7:25:11 PM

Subject: RE: Battle Report

Message: yea thought he was gona get overthrown but he made it lol
didnt like that guy too

Another one down, another one down, another one bites the dust.

I've never considered myself a moralist but there is a reason Polaris fought so hard last war.

Out of the 18 wars I fought against 8 or so NpO members, only 3 fought back. I made a concerted effort to target those going after my AA & coalition mates, but they still would not fight me. Of those 3, one left for MI6, one gave up the fight within the month, and one I never saw after the first round. While things would've been different without the coalition, I didn't see any special effort made on their part against us. I was rebuilt within a month even without a WC left.

As for the moralism debate that some of you seem to have decided for yourselves:

[spoiler]I can't continue the moralism/antimoralism debate without breaking the OOC barrier. Anybody who cares can PM me, but there are no in-Bob reasons for me to change my mind as I consider out-of-Bob considerations to be greater. Given the general status of the OWF, I don't expect a PM.[/spoiler]

Cool, if you want to drag this out I am prepared to fight indefinitely.

As amusing as I am finding it to watch your AA burn, a slight word of advice. Accept that the raiders have won. Accept that your position is too awful to be able to fight this war, and accept the peace offers that they are sending & if now that you have engaged in nuclear escalation, beg them to send more if they now refuse.

It may be humiliating, but it is your only option. You are trying to fight a VietFAN style war against a bunch of relatively insignificant (<3 Stewie) raiders with an alliance that lacks in the internal cohesion to do so; your alliance is already falling apart, though I suspect that has as much to do with you as it does to do with your members.

Alternatively, you can watch Supernova X die for your pride. I hope you do this, for it is considerably more amusing to watch, even if I don't get to join in :(

Surrender, find allies as quickly as possible, and get your house in order. Its the only option you have if you wish to have an alliance that is not a micro this time next next quarter.

I appreciate the try, Caladin, but if he were that smart/honest, he'd just wait a week. Since it's, you know, Sharkweek. But I expect he'll be claiming victory next Friday when everyone on our side of things *suddenly* stops raiding. Of course, anyone initiating a nuke on our AAmates/allies will still be open season until the wars end. :smug:

I'm excited because I expect one of my opponents to nuke me tomorrow. There will be no more peace offers after that. :popcorn:

Moralist, then. Moralism leads to stagnation leads to world-death. Ya gotta shake things up once in a while. My most fun times on Bob were dealing with rogues. Granted, I wasn't happy about the AA that supported one, but eh, I've had one war and several raids to deal with that. So long as people aren't demanding absurd reps, war who you want. The treaty web will come down where it will.

I guess after my nation was weaned during a royal beating 2 years ago, I just never gave two dongs about NS, mine or anyone else's. If I'm a planetary sociopath, then moralist alliances are the abusive parents. The big question is, has anyone cheering on SNX offered them protection, switched to their AA, or offered any other actual support. No? Then put your moralism away, because it hasn't bought SNX anything.

I'm still waiting for Mogar's "totally just a techdeal" moment to emerge.

Moralists have caused plenty of Drama on Planet Bob and started their fair share of wars.  

It's not a matter of pride, it is a matter of allowing heroes in the AA to step forward and learn a little more about war. I've instructed those who cannot fight to accept peace. For myself I will continue to fight for the rest of the week and there are those who will fight with me. After this "shark week" there will be no grudges held. Assuming the "shark week" actually does end.

If this was a matter of pride I would have recognized a state of war.

Edited by Immortan Junka

TO: Big Ego | FROM: Immortan Junka
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 7/12/2015 12:00:12 PM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by Immortan Junka. You lost 24325 soldiers, 609 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 150.890 miles of land, 50.297 technology, 150.890 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.

+24325 casualties, nice! just need 78,961 to hit the 1 million mark :D

No one speaks for SNX as a whole. We are an alliance of nations where there is, or was, a level or mutual benefit and friendship. Neither Tywin, or myself, or Rebel Virginia speak for the alliance. We aren't a hive mind.

As Bob Dylan famously sang, the times they are a-changin'. SNX as it was is gone. It has ceased to be. And that isn't a bad thing at all. Some who were ambivalent towards the alliance have decided after a long period to go their separate ways. Those losses are unfortunate, but good luck to them in finding somewhere better suited to them. Some were just coasting, using the AA as a means for shelter and otherwise not doing much of anything. They are the fat that is being trimmed. No good having a nation in an alliance that does nothing. It inflates our statistics sure, but it doesn't then back them up.

We've been dealt heavy losses in many ways, but it is an educational exercise. It shows our weaknesses, what we need to do to improve. That is a daunting task in itself.

Most of all, and I say this knowing I've been on the receiving end of a bloodbath the last few days, I have to say I have found all this the most fun I've had in the game for months. In some ways I am actually grateful for the pounding as it has rejuvenated my interest in being on Planet Bob. I have said as much in PM's to my attackers. It is a long hard road ahead, but it is one I want to now take. I hope there are others who agree there

EDIT: To remove the Freudian Slit.....er, Slip.

Edited by Edward Graceford

No one speaks for SNX as a whole. We are an alliance of nations where there is, or was, a level or mutual benefit and friendship. Neither Tywin, or myself, or Rebel Virgina speak for the alliance. We aren't a hive mind.

This sums up my feelings:

3b4.png

No one speaks for SNX as a whole. We are an alliance of nations where there is, or was, a level or mutual benefit and friendship. Neither Tywin, or myself, or Rebel Virgina speak for the alliance.

dear God... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by Caustic

Then kindly illuminate. The post was in response to certain rhetoric between Junka and Rebel Virginia on page 16. Both of whom made sweeping statements concerning what SNX as an entity are feeling.

Rebel:

My point is, SNX has already accepted the fact that it is no longer a viable alliance. At this point it does appear to be nothing more than raid fodder.

As for Junka, well, a fair amount of the rhetoric.

The picture isn't black and white is the central point. And any assertions that the entirety of the alliance has accepted something, or believe something, are false. By "speaking for the alliance", I meant being able to state and assert what the alliance is thinking. It's not a clear picture.

Perhaps a poor choice of words, in which case I'm happy to provide comedy, but apologise for being unclear. If I'm still being unclear, or I have not fully grasped what you meant, by all means clarify.

Morals? Nothing to do with morals.

To me, it's like looting during a riot; blaming "the man", looters smash windows & steal from small, local mom & pop stores. They also set cars on fire, just because they can.

Me & a coupa others like Ed grab our rifles, shotguns, handguns*, firing at similarly armed looters (some of whom have fully automatic firearms - no doubt gang members).

(*or, depending on locale, cricket bats, tire irons..)

We board up windows, doors. Others have fled, are cowering, unconscious, in the hospital, not able-bodied/ambulatory..

There is no God.

I'd say those who left aren't unfortunate losses at all, their departure is a godsend for those who come later with their attempts to rebuild. 

That being said, we need a betting pool on how many nations are left in SNX by the end of this glorious Shark Week. 

This is half-right, I think. But it misses some key points:

• Active nations that are not fully loyal to SNX/Tywin are leaving. I count 15-20 since Stewie's first attacks.
  • The above number actually masks the decline that was already taking place within SNX. From July 5 (when Tywin re-joined) until the raids began, SNX's NS dropped by 15%.
  • A very small number of SNX nations are fighting back.
  • The majority of remaining SNX nations are run by inactive rulers who will eventually return to completely devastated nations without having known there was a conflict in the first place.

SNX is dead inside.