Dos Equis on Ice

They still have people making fools of themselves every time they make an announcement. Oh they also just joined XX that has 4 of the larger alliances on Bob. They seem pretty relevant.

XX as a bloc has made what earthshaking moves in its 2 years? It's gotten rolled and tagged along for a curbstomp. Polaris has gotten one "victory" at war in 3 and a half years and have signed very few treaties with relevant alliances. They are not what they once were.

Firstly, this is riddled with logical fallacies. Secondly, you are still just making a lot of assumptions without knowing some of the backstories that occurred. Although I suppose being actually informed would mean you would not be able to continue spreading misleading rhetoric disguised as facts... but yes, in short, you are spouting crap... and no, you haven't provided sufficient proof to back up your claims, and asking people to disprove them as oppose to putting a legitimate case forward, is just illogical.

"Instead of presenting facts I'm just gonna use the fallacy fallacy and hope it helps"

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah some real bigshots here; the point here that just about everyone outside of the XX-sphere (and perennial whiners like d34th) are making was this is just a stupid decision. NpO doesn't care about anyone but themselves, and especially not their allies. Poor ol' MHA has just become another dummy in a line of bowling pins who get rolled because they had the misfortune of being allied to NpO when they get rolled every few years. Is the BiPolar stuff all that awful? w/e, things are boring around here, and we might as well use old and new fuck -ups as material for interesting for when CN returns to its favorite past-time of rolling Polar.

Congrats to XX on volunteering to be yet another Polar sacrificial lamb (or bear, or something).

Apparently there pages later there was a moderator warning to stop talking about more interesting things so this is me editing my more interesting message in favor of nothing 

Edited by IYIyTh

I stopped reading here. Have conversations with people sometime, it really helps.
 Please tell me how I'm making a fool of myself with the claims that NSO leading a charge into NpO by itself would be foolish, or that screwing up an allied war effort would be foolish. Or, if you're referring to my claims that Polaris tends to be fairly unapologetic, feel free to rebuke that as well.

Polaris, specifically me, has apologized for the events of Bi-Polar that adversely effected our allies of the time.  If you missed it, here goes, I will do it again.

I, AlmightyGrub, sincerely apologize for my conduct during Bi-Polar that led to our allies The New Sith Order being left at war whilst the remainder of our allies were granted peace.  I strongly regret the lack of communication during the incident and if the opportunity arose again I would ensure that all of my allies were on the same page at the same time.

I, AlmightyGrub, do also recognize that the New Sith Order has some claim to redress regarding this situation.

I, AlmightyGrub, do also recognize that whilst I was at fault for much of the Bi-Polar escapades, the New Sith Order has had many years to seek this said redress and despite numerous serious and sincere attempts to apologize, the New Sith Order is not the least bit interested in an apology sincere or otherwise because it is more convenient to cry about the events of several years ago.  I also acknowledge that the New Sith Order wants to remain in with the cool kids and therefore acceptance of any apology would run counter to the popular belief, which is a myth, that I have never apologized to you and would erode the validity of your coalition's position.  I might also add that your coalition position has nothing to do with your butthurtedness over Bi-Polar and everything to do with NPO and NG and their current intentions as a result of the last coalition war.  Given that Polaris was a part of said coalition to assist an ally, none of which was NPO, NG or NSO, it can hardly be surprising that we don't answer to said coalition leadership for our actions, but directly to our ally who we believe fairly called for our help.

Given that the real agenda here is to move the NPO back to Top of the Pops here on Bob, aided and abetted by their current allies of convenience NG and NSO, it is unsurprising that the real fault with the last coalition war was the speedy resolution that benefited only those alliances within their current agenda.  Polaris is not part of that plan and never was and never will be.  The last thing any sensible ruler would want to see is a return to Pacifican rule, however feeble and short lived it would be. 

So we have joined a bloc with some friends, people we actually get on with and with whom we share a common interest.  This is the actual point of this thread, we do not share any interest with the NSO and it is extremely unlikely we ever will.  I find it more than amusing that Polaris is called arrogant, especially by the NSO.  I am also more than amused that our entry to a bloc of people we have worked closely with for years causes such a strong reaction, a reaction strong enough to bring back the nappy rash for several years ago.  Or is the truth really that the coalition doesn't have the support it needs right now and just wants to vilify Polaris until they get it together?

I know what I believe, I am fairly confident that someone else will start a war that involves us long before NSO ever get around to it and even then they will have to ride in on someone's coat tails with their permission.

Well enough Grub. I'm saying that some Polar members can be apologetic. I wasn't saying it was impossible that it happened, just prior experience is that Polaris rarely uses the word "wrong" to describe their actions, and after a quick re-scan of that (after I read it) it still seems you didn't really use that word still, although your lamenting over not communicating with allies can be read that way. Apologies if that's what you intended.

Yeah some real bigshots here; the point here that just about everyone outside of the XX-sphere (and perennial whiners like d34th) are making was this is just a stupid decision. NpO doesn't care about anyone but themselves, and especially not their allies. Poor ol' MHA has just become another dummy in a line of bowling pins who get rolled because they had the misfortune of being allied to NpO when they get rolled every few years. Is the BiPolar stuff all that awful? w/e, things are boring around here, and we might as well use old and new fuck -ups as material for interesting for when CN returns to its favorite past-time of rolling Polar.

Congrats to XX on volunteering to be yet another Polar sacrificial lamb (or bear, or something).

So why don't you roll Polar then

So why don't you roll Polar then

Let's be real, Bassman. These things take time. Some allies or alllies of allies may not be ready to go into a coalition war, and we all know Polaris's allies are not that likely to just sit there and let them take it, especially now that they're in a bloc.

NpO doesn't care about anyone but themselves, and especially not their allies. Poor ol' MHA has just become another dummy in a line of bowling pins who get rolled because they had the misfortune of being allied to NpO when they get rolled every few years. Is the BiPolar stuff all that awful? w/e, things are boring around here, and we might as well use old and new fuck -ups as material for interesting for when CN returns to its favorite past-time of rolling Polar.

All due respect, but what do you actually know about how NpO CURRENTLY operates? You and your generalizations are all based on our past. Perhaps if you gave evidence as to how we currently operate you might actually have a case. But, you can't and therefore, you don't. NpO wouldn't hesitate to protect their allies... our past put aside.

Polar members and gov continue to find no fault in most of their actions, which would be putting at least some blame on the aggrieved parties for making Polar's actions reasonable or correct to them. I'm not saying this is true for NSO with respect to BiPolar, but it is believable that NpO would give a half-assed or backhanded apology given the track record.

What would it take eh? They did say they take responsibility for it. You cant very well want them to ritually disembowel themselves and then bow. You actually want contrition? A heartfelt apology and acts of redemption? Ramirus much?

edit: eh, seems Grub's post here satisfied you. pfft. so much for my mini tirade. carry on. Edited by Helbrecht

All due respect, but what do you actually know about how NpO CURRENTLY operates? You and your generalizations are all based on our past. Perhaps if you gave evidence as to how we currently operate you might actually have a case. But, you can't and therefore, you don't. NpO wouldn't hesitate to protect their allies... our past put aside.

recent history confirms the historical trend.

Can somebody explain to me why Polar would have a target on their back? And why them moving into a situation where they have more NS behind them is a bad idea if this is the case.

I don't overly like your choice of allies, but Dajabo knows what he's doing.

Edited by MagicalTrevor

Congratulations folks.

Also, always fun to see our name being dropped in threads completely unrelated to us. Good for the ego :D

Yea leave NPO out of this.  I bet the "Platysphere" alliances are enjoying this thread. 

Glad to see XX is still kicking.  Polar is a good addition.  Congratulations.

The funny thing about the "threatening Athens" part of the grudge is that for you, raid an entire alliance was ok, but Polaris treating you because of that was so wrong that you still complain about that always you have a chance. In my opinion you people are still mad at Polaris because that was the first time you had to step back and say "I'm sorry" and spoiled children don't like that.

It is not often that I think you are completely clueless. This is one such time. 

This is rapidly becoming one of my favourite places to visit.

Rush given what you have said here and that we fought you in the last war I take it that TLR will have a grudge until you actually win a war against us. TLR, welcome to a lifetime of being ruled by Rush's petty emotions!

It is funny that you think it is being ruled by my petty emotions. You will find the sentiment is pretty much the same throughout TLR. With a few notable exceptions. The issue is that you , as an alliance, are unable to move past trying to sweep things aside with anything other than diplomatic mumbo jumbo. We spent nearly 20 pages going back and forth with your gov, with your gov so clearly opposed to the notion that you may have actually done something "wrong" in the past . It was only things that you "wish could have been handled better."

OOC: it was reminiscent of an old scene from Happy Days (yeah, im showing my age)... where Foznie was trying to apologize for being wrong... and he couldnt say the word wrong, it was always "I was r-.....r-....-r......r-...." and for about 2 minutes it went on and he couldnt get past the r. Sadly, you guys are nowhere near as cool as the fonz.

I find this whole turn of conversation quite hilarious.....all I know is that if I wanted revenge for something I deemed so heinous that it makes me froth at the mouth 3yrs later, I can assure you id have taken care of bsns quite awhile ago and served it up quite cold.

Though thats just me, maybe others play a much longer game in their hunt for satisfaction. :P

Im just going to unironically point out that the same person posting this, is the same person who sang to me, face to face, his own laurels about having gotten the ball rolling towards the last war, nearly 2 years prior. Maybe my plan is just more patient than yours? Good grief man.

And here you have someone who can't comprehend what I was referring to despite the fact that I even bolded it for him.

Let me make it easier for you.

Polar has taken responsibility for BiPolar.  That is a fact.  Rayvon's claim that we still blame NSO for what happened is absolutely false.  If he wants to think we still blame NSO behind closed doors, it's his choice.  But the world is moving on, and clearly Rayvon is not.

Not speaking for NSO, but I would suggest that if an alliance in one breath takes responsibility for a debacle, then in another breath says "we would do it the same way if we had to do it again"... its like when you say "I love you, but....".... everything after the but.... cancels out the I love you.

Edit: Apologies to readers.. multi-quote is erroring for me for some reason.

Edited by Rush Sykes

Regardless of any track record - Polar has nothing to apologize for, then or now.  To hell with apologizing, especially given the aftermath of Bi-Polar.

You do not have to apologize to someone to look them sincerely eye to eye and say "We did what we had to, unfortunately, it turned out to be wrong." The issue that prolongs Polar grudges is their allergy to the word "wrong."