Dos Equis on Ice

Polar members and gov continue to find no fault in most of their actions, which would be putting at least some blame on the aggrieved parties for making Polar's actions reasonable or correct to them. I'm not saying this is true for NSO with respect to BiPolar, but it is believable that NpO would give a half-assed or backhanded apology given the track record.

Regardless of any track record - Polar has nothing to apologize for, then or now.  To hell with apologizing, especially given the aftermath of Bi-Polar.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bright side, at least no one no longer needs to pretend that it's just the worst kept secret that NSO has been attempting to build a coalition to hit NpO.

I admire their drive to do this, though. It can't be easy to knock on someone's door and be like, "So.. I know we're fairly small, just got reamed in our last fight and won't be carrying our own weight, but would you mind going over there and beating up that guy over there with all his friends while I bite his ankles so I can say that I beat him up? Please?"

Regardless of any track record - Polar has nothing to apologize for, then or now.  To hell with apologizing, especially given the aftermath of Bi-Polar.

I wasn't aware getting your ass handed to you and causing your own fall from grace absolved you of any wrongdoing to your allies.

On the bright side, at least no one no longer needs to pretend that it's just the worst kept secret that NSO has been attempting to build a coalition to hit NpO.

I admire their drive to do this, though. It can't be easy to knock on someone's door and be like, "So.. I know we're fairly small, just got reamed in our last fight and won't be carrying our own weight, but would you mind going over there and beating up that guy over there with all his friends while I bite his ankles so I can say that I beat him up? Please?"

Anyone who thinks NSO wouldn't pull their own weight would be more than welcome to test that theory, I'm sure. But given Fark's historic fucking up of Grudge War, I'm sure there won't be any by yourself. Edited by Neo Uruk

I wasn't aware getting your ass handed to you and causing your own fall from grace absolved you of any wrongdoing to your allies.

Anyone who thinks NSO wouldn't pull their own weight would be more than welcome to test that theory, I'm sure. But given Fark's historic fucking up of Grudge War, I'm sure there won't be any by yourself.

So they should apologize for getting their asses handed to them?  Damned if I would.  As for the 'fall from grace,' that was carefully and deliberately orchestrated by their enemies.

So they should apologize for getting their asses handed to them?  Damned if I would.  As for the 'fall from grace,' that was carefully and deliberately orchestrated by their enemies.

They dragged their allies into a shitty scenario and don't need to apologize for willfully and gleefully doing so? And yeah, it took so much planning to isolate an alliance that showed little to no concern for its allies (going back to point 1, the source of part of the problem!)

All in all, Polaris's relatively unapologetic nature has led to its own political isolation and relative irrelevance.

Enlighten me

That, unfortunately, isn't really possible as it requires some form of higher mental function which prior posts have yet to show.

Edited by Caustic

lmao @ NPO screwing over the coalition. They actively tried to get people from bringing in NG. That isn't screwing over a coalition. It's smart. The fact that you don't understand that isn't too astounding, I guess, given your track record.

Grudge (or Dave, can't remember) was directly after NSO just lost a war to Legion (due to shitty allied work) and both of those wars were pretty fucking messy. Not to mention NpO wasn't in Dave war so NSO would have had to go toe-to-toe with them, which isn't very fucking wise. Yet again, you seem to not realize that an alliance needs to look after its needs, allies, and safety as well as its goals.

oh ye of lil sense.

first, I do find it funny you don't even need to mention specific alliances for others to pick up on it. usually a vague reference can mean a lot but apparently even those in your coalition saw Pacifica working to help their allies over there ;). Even better when their own allies admit NPO screwed the pooch (poor poor poodle). There was no doubt in ANY of our minds that NG was never going to side on the EQ side. if NG ever did, that would have given half of us a heart attack. Any delusions of otherwise I would love to hear but just because someone states "we will attack anyone who hits our allies"...doesn't mean they'll attack anyone who hits their allies. If MK hit IRON or NPO i would have loved to see what they would have said to that (also in b4 we respect the allies of our allies bull that has been trampled over in the past few wars by multiple alliances)

ah yes, my track record. what did I do again? something about not believing a group of TOPers breaking off and coordinating roguing was govt sanctioned or something? how long ago was that even?

Grudge was after the Legion "white peace". remember, they never lost. and no, Polar weren't in Dave, you're right. but just how many alliances would be willing at a drop of the hat to hit them for the lulz anyway? UMB went around and attacked anyone they possibly could, even NATO despite NPO's objections.they, CnG, BFF, and numerous others had plenty of empty war slots and bitched about it. why wouldn't they want to roll polar again when they always say "who needs econ when you can roll polar" isn't that how that sig went?

just because NSO can't build a coalition of its own doesn't mean they haven't had plenty of opportunities

Enlighten me

... and stop you from making yourself look like a bigger fool? Uh, I think I will pass. 

Besides I have no intention to waste my time arguing with you, as others seem to have done, when all you spout is unconvincing rhetoric. 

I am enjoying this, by all means, carry on. :)

There was no doubt in ANY of our minds that NG was never going to side on the EQ side.

I stopped reading here. Have conversations with people sometime, it really helps.

... and stop you from making yourself look like a bigger fool? Uh, I think I will pass. 

Besides I have no intention to waste my time arguing with you, as others seem to have done, when all you spout is unconvincing rhetoric. 

I am enjoying this, by all means, carry on. :)

Please tell me how I'm making a fool of myself with the claims that NSO leading a charge into NpO by itself would be foolish, or that screwing up an allied war effort would be foolish. Or, if you're referring to my claims that Polaris tends to be fairly unapologetic, feel free to rebuke that as well.

They dragged their allies into a shitty scenario and don't need to apologize for willfully and gleefully doing so? And yeah, it took so much planning to isolate an alliance that showed little to no concern for its allies (going back to point 1, the source of part of the problem!)

All in all, Polaris's relatively unapologetic nature has led to its own political isolation and relative irrelevance.

13 pages of irrelevance is kinda hard to miss. 

..........and for being irrelevant, what does that say for your obsession to trying to roll us? 

There is therapy available for this type of behavior.

I stopped reading here. Have conversations with people sometime, it really helps.

oh believe me i did. maybe i should reword that though. All EQ alliances other than NPO and IRON knew NG were never going to join their side. the rest were hoping they'd just stay neutral. so, let me repeat your bit of advice "Have conversations with people sometime, it really helps."

also, take Caustic's advice, if he is telling you to shut up....that's just sad. even magic is able to ramble for longer

13 pages of irrelevance is kinda hard to miss. 

..........and for being irrelevant, what does that say for your obsession to trying to roll us? 

There is therapy available for this type of behavior.

Please learn what the word "relative" means, please.

oh believe me i did. maybe i should reword that though. All EQ alliances other than NPO and IRON knew NG were never going to join their side. the rest were hoping they'd just stay neutral. so, let me repeat your bit of advice "Have conversations with people sometime, it really helps."

also, take Caustic's advice, if he is telling you to shut up....that's just sad. even magic is able to ramble for longer

So, your thinking is based on the alliances (minus AZTEC) that basically stumbled into a victory based on other people's efforts. Congrats. Edited by Neo Uruk

Generally the burden of proof lies with the one making claims. Even under the assumption that I couldn't refute your arguments -- although I easily could in this case, it would not add any credence to what you are claiming. How you do not see that the majority of your claims have no substance to them is beyond me. I know you are trying to further isolate Polaris with your meaningless rhetoric, but your attempt is counter-intuitive in this case, so please carry on...  :awesome:

Edited by Robster83

Generally the burden of proof lies with the one making claims. Even under the assumption that I couldn't refute your arguments -- although I easily could in this case, it would not add any credence to what you are claiming. How you do not see that the majority of your claims have no substance to them is beyond me. I know you are trying to further isolate Polaris with your meaningless rhetoric, but your attempt is counter-intuitive in this case, so please carry on...  :awesome:

Yes, the several times Polaris has claimed to have not done something wrong (see: fucking up EQ - to the point an easily won war became a stalemate - then saying "whatever") makes my argument invalid. The times when Polaris has aggressively attacked an ally of an ally (back when that kind of thing was important, and keep in mind it was aggressive and by choice) or just completely screwed a coalition up and then said "well, I guess we're kind of sorry" or flat-out spit in another ally's face (see: MK) has no bearing on the validity of my claim. Edited by Neo Uruk

Please learn what the word "relative" means, please.So, your thinking is based on the alliances (minus AZTEC) that basically stumbled into a victory based on other people's efforts. Congrats.

"relative irrelevance" :facepalm:

relative = pertinent

irrelevance=  insignificance

Quote from General Eric Shinseki "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less."

:ehm:

This Neo Uruk dude is the gift that keeps on giving. Was joking with a friend his head so far up NSO's ass it's a wonder he can breath.  Good luck Polar with your new bloc mates. Look forward to the fireworks when they finally happen.

Also... hello Caustic. Hope you are well.

Yes, the several times Polaris has claimed to have not done something wrong (see: fucking up EQ - to the point an easily won war became a stalemate - then saying "whatever") makes my argument invalid. The times when Polaris has aggressively attacked an ally of an ally (back when that kind of thing was important, and keep in mind it was aggressive and by choice) or just completely screwed a coalition up and then said "well, I guess we're kind of sorry" or flat-out spit in another ally's face (see: MK) has no bearing on the validity of my claim.

Firstly, this is riddled with logical fallacies. Secondly, you are still just making a lot of assumptions without knowing some of the backstories that occurred. Although I suppose being actually informed would mean you would not be able to continue spreading misleading rhetoric disguised as facts... but yes, in short, you are spouting crap... and no, you haven't provided sufficient proof to back up your claims, and asking people to disprove them as oppose to putting a legitimate case forward, is just illogical.

Edited by Robster83

Well uh, I meant that Polaris used to be far more relevant than the position they are in today, but okay.

They still have people making fools of themselves every time they make an announcement. Oh they also just joined XX that has 4 of the larger alliances on Bob. They seem pretty relevant.