Dos Equis on Ice

You're incredibly fickle and sensitive if that's the case.

It was a tongue in cheek comment meant to highlight how his post was exactly what I was talking about :P

It certainly doesn't make me want to be a greater advocate however.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, in any scenario involving a global war, there is generally much debate. The prime movers of such an event are generally a handful of AA's that build a case to entice others who aren't committed or who don't care into joining the cause.

Knowing this, it would be reasonable to assume that there are some people gunning for NpO/XX and they are feeling others out to the idea, but as the war hasn't happened yet and doesn't appear imminent, those discussions are most likely not concluded.

So why post am I posting this? Its because you are writing your own demise. By shouting on the OWF about how unjust the upcoming beat down is, you just cement that beat down as a reality and your opponents just need to line up the dominoes. Change the story and maybe change the outcome?

When you don't know what sticking to the story will do, changing the story and ignoring butthurt people doesn't make much difference in the eyes of your enemies as their butthurt will remain strong and still put pressure on their allies to join them.

What you're saying is similar to a rule that I decided I will stick by even if it does not happen.

When someone has captured you and perhaps tortured you, do not talk as they will most likely kill you anyway.

However it is the opposite in this situation, do not stop talking as you will get attacked anyway.

Edited by Commander shepard

Ladies and Gentlemen...I feel there is a need for this to be it's own thread but it will do nicely here enough...

Front Page News!

The NpO has posted in a thread more than twice, and not only that but it's a thread concerning them, and there hasn't been a Polar v. Paradox war of words! (i might have missed a post but I don't think i've seen one?)

Ladies and Gentlemen...I feel there is a need for this to be it's own thread but it will do nicely here enough...

Front Page News!

The NpO has posted in a thread more than twice, and not only that but it's a thread concerning them, and there hasn't been a Polar v. Paradox war of words! (i might have missed a post but I don't think i've seen one?)

Now it's NG and their veiled prophecies of destruction. It's really just truly terrifying.

Front Page News!

Are we really that quiet :(
I will try to do better!

TOP and ourselves both agreed some time ago that our grudge was over. We may never be close but I don't think either of us are interested in going back to the past again.

So Polaris is in a bloc?  Wow, nice grouping of the world's most despised alliances, this will make it easier than ever to target them.  I am unable to justify that comment in any way because those alliances have always been despised and have always been loosely grouped together, so really nothing much has changed at all I guess but  I hate all these alliance with a passion and I wish we had the courage and commitment to end them all, despite our best attempts these bastards just keep rebuilding and defying our best attempts to keep them down.  I can hardly wait for someone else to get a party together so I can ride in on the back of the crowd to get me some damages.  I am unable of course to do anything by myself at this time as I have a few good excuses saved up and to why I won't be leading the charge.  I can not wait to get my shot at these guys though so I will bang on loudly to the cheers of my comrades of convenience and we can all celebrate our own greatness and establish the clever nature of our anti-social position whilst remaining the coolest kids on Bob.

So congratulations XX/Polaris/some other random alliance, your goose is cooked, your gerbel is #$%^ and this time will be the last time that we will fight like this.  Death or Glory or something other than either.

So Polaris is in a bloc?  Wow, nice grouping of the world's most despised alliances, this will make it easier than ever to target them.  I am unable to justify that comment in any way because those alliances have always been despised and have always been loosely grouped together, so really nothing much has changed at all I guess but  I hate all these alliance with a passion and I wish we had the courage and commitment to end them all, despite our best attempts these bastards just keep rebuilding and defying our best attempts to keep them down.  I can hardly wait for someone else to get a party together so I can ride in on the back of the crowd to get me some damages.  I am unable of course to do anything by myself at this time as I have a few good excuses saved up and to why I won't be leading the charge.  I can not wait to get my shot at these guys though so I will bang on loudly to the cheers of my comrades of convenience and we can all celebrate our own greatness and establish the clever nature of our anti-social position whilst remaining the coolest kids on Bob.

So congratulations XX/Polaris/some other random alliance, your goose is cooked, your gerbel is #$%^ and this time will be the last time that we will fight like this.  Death or Glory or something other than either.

Parts of this post reminded me of 12 monkeys, a room, a table, bananas and a cold shower. 

So... basically it reminded me of Bobian Politics. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I never really expected polar to ever sign up with a bloc of any composition ever again, but hey it has been awhile. Good luck to everyone.

When you don't know what sticking to the story will do, changing the story and ignoring butthurt people doesn't make much difference in the eyes of your enemies as their butthurt will remain strong and still put pressure on their allies to join them.

What you're saying is similar to a rule that I decided I will stick by even if it does not happen.
When someone has captured you and perhaps tortured you, do not talk as they will most likely kill you anyway.
However it is the opposite in this situation, do not stop talking as you will get attacked anyway.

living the dream~

Edited by iamthey

It is only a matter of time before NpO helps XX discover XXXX during XXX.

Someone earlier mentioned that Polaris will be bringing a different outlook to the bloc; something Deuce Ecks will most likely benefit from as a whole, despite the obvious baggage it brings along.

Now it's time to see if the reality meets the speculation. I suppose we shall be watching this space over the next six months.

It's not amazing that there is so much anger thrown our way.  The "Baggage" you are referring to was suppose to be ancient history if the rhetoric that your side propagated during the Grudge War  was to be believed.  "All debts paid" and "a clean slate".... sure.......  There are always those that are going to hate and this thread shows the innate  stupidity and  lack of original thought that has stagnated CN politics for 6+years.  At least Polar tends to shake it up a bit and in their day so did NPO. 

NG, VE  and NSO need to grow up.  Shed their diapers and start wearing Big Boy pants.

It seems these 3 AA's are stuck in a rut politically.  Good luck with that.

edit.. not a math major

Edited by Panic King

It's not amazing that there is so much anger thrown our way.  The "Baggage" you are referring to was suppose to be ancient history if the rhetoric that your side propagated during the Grudge War  was to be believed.  "All debts paid" and "a clean slate".... sure.......  There are always those that are going to hate and this thread shows the innate  stupidity and  lack of original thought that has stagnated CN politics for 6+years.  At least Polar tends to shake it up a bit and in their day so did NPO. 

NG, VE  and NSO need to grow up.  Shed their diapers and start wearing Big Boy pants.

It seems these 2 AA's are stuck in a rut politically.  Good luck with that.

Yes that dastardly duo, NG, VE and NSO.  Thick as two thieves that bunch.

3 AA's*

I won't speak for NG and VE, but we're not stuck in a rut, we just don't buy into Polar's absolution at the hands of others (this 'Grudge War' you whine about not going your way while telling us to shed our diapers) while you continue to blame us for the incident that created all the troubles between our two alliances.

It's
not amazing that there is so much anger thrown our way.  The "Baggage"
you are referring to was suppose to be ancient history if the rhetoric
that your side propagated during the Grudge War  was to be believed. 
"All debts paid" and "a clean slate".... sure.......  There are always
those that are going to hate and this thread shows the innate  stupidity
and  lack of original thought that has stagnated CN politics for
6+years.  At least Polar tends to shake it up a bit and in their day so
did NPO. 

itt Polar accomplishes the impossible and unites NSO/NG/VE

peace on Bob

Edited by Varianz

3 AA's*

I won't speak for NG and VE, but we're not stuck in a rut, we just don't buy into Polar's absolution at the hands of others (this 'Grudge War' you whine about not going your way while telling us to shed our diapers) while you continue to blame us for the incident that created all the troubles between our two alliances.

I mean considering how close you and VE are in this conspiracy, I'm sure they won't mind you speaking for them :P

3 AA's*

What happened?

The ancient BiPolar war - it's been drug through the mud enough times on these forums, you'll see the same discussion re-hashed in multiple threads if you go digging a little.

I don't actually think that is our latest crime in the perception NSO et al.  Apparently we ruined their plans for world domination at the feet of Pacifica, sweet peaceful non-ambitious Pacifica, oh how I long for the days of Pax Pacifica.  History would suggest NSO/NG are carefully pruning the reality tree so it grows some nice ''truth'' flowers, discarding all the flowers that just won't tell the same story.  It is looking pretty bonzai about now, be lucky if it doesn't die of its own accord.

I don't actually think that is our latest crime in the perception NSO et al.  Apparently we ruined their plans for world domination at the feet of Pacifica, sweet peaceful non-ambitious Pacifica, oh how I long for the days of Pax Pacifica.  History would suggest NSO/NG are carefully pruning the reality tree so it grows some nice ''truth'' flowers, discarding all the flowers that just won't tell the same story.  It is looking pretty bonzai about now, be lucky if it doesn't die of its own accord.

Your latest? No, it isn't. Nor did I say it is. More worthless rambling and putting shit at us. lol .. I said it starts there, and it's not been repaired since. Thanks for proving a point, though. Edited by Rayvon

This discussion is comedy gold in places and even I laughed at grouping VE with NG and NSO! I recommend NSO use nappy cream and a premium brand of soft toilet paper to sooth that butthurt.

There was a serious point made though about Polaris joining XX possibly altering the outlook of the bloc. I think that's a given. Any bloc is changed when a member changes and I know XX plans going forward are going to lead to some interesting times on Bob.

Our overlords must be appeased.

Well said.

3 AA's*

Honestly, Ray, I wasn't involved, but that was so long ago it's probably time to bury the hatchet. A grudge held that long is just unhealthy. The best way to absolve a grudge is fight it out and shake hands afterwards.