Umbrella-AI Propaganda Thread

AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if the incorrect usage of the l-word isn't annoying enough, it seems to have become a part of the cultural lexicon of MK et al. in particular, which hangers-on have adopted to emulate them. See also: awful, terrible, objectively, etc. (I'm not saying "and so on," I'm saying they overuse the term etc.).

Language is a constantly evolving social medium. Words have been re-appropriated over time and will continue to be. The use of the word literally is not incorrect, it is simply unnecessary, it is used for emphasis (albeit too often)

Isn't there something better you can moan about? You are literally complaining about the most trivial thing just for the sake of it. Surely there are more pressing matters than the cultural lexicon of MK.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Language is a constantly evolving social medium. Words have been re-appropriated over time and will continue to be. The use of the word literally is not incorrect, it is simply unnecessary, it is used for emphasis (albeit too often)

Isn't there something better you can moan about? You are literally complaining about the most trivial thing just for the sake of it. Surely there are more pressing matters than the cultural lexicon of MK.

Yeah I don't mean to get us further sidetracked from the propaganda, but I'd say MK culture (and who tries to emulate it versus who rejects it) is at the very heart of this war. Language is a critical part of culture and social grouping.

Not sure how this is supposed to insult GOONS, glad we have allies that are willing to send us aid unlike you I suppose.

Those are dongs.  So the whole thing is actually fairly sexual and well...given the apparent age of the girl, how to put this...suggestive in a way that is inappropriate.  Given that she is also dressed in GOONS gear, the implication is that when faced with being rained on by dongs, GOONS sticks their tongue out to catch them and enjoys it.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I was GOONS I'd like that one.   :awesome:

People who use "literally" as a simple intensifier are the ones who are impoverishing the language. If it is used to such an extent that the original meaning is swamped, we have lost a perfectly functionally word.

To cite an example; the word "nice" used to mean "precise, exact" with the added connotation of being extremely fussy about small details. As in, "that is a nice distinction." Now the word is effectively dead, almost useless. It is just a soft way of saying "good." The language has lost the ability to say something precise through verbal sloppiness.

"Nice" "decimate" "gay" are probably all lost causes, we can't use the words in their original meanings anymore without either being misunderstood or sounding like we're trying to be funny. I don't think "literally" is a lost cause just yet, and is worth fighting for.

Just my two cents, I know I'm a bit of a curmudgeon.

Language evolves over time, it's not something to get upset about but to enjoy. I always like to see old words put back to work :D

in regards to this, you know you still die at the end of the movie, right? basically all the propaganda says is you hurt us but we kill you.

Basically the propaganda says our masterpiece is complete, and CN has come full circle in the grandest of ways.

Just because AI's been decapitated, and IRON robbed of everything it loved, and NPO cursed to play the game again, it doesn't mean there weren't other victims in all of this. There are a number of groups in this game that will forever puzzle over what we did to them. 

At least, that's what I had in mind when I made it. :)

Those are dongs.  So the whole thing is actually fairly sexual and well...given the apparent age of the girl, how to put this...suggestive in a way that is inappropriate.  Given that she is also dressed in GOONS gear, the implication is that when faced with being rained on by dongs, GOONS sticks their tongue out to catch them and enjoys it.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I was GOONS I'd like that one.   :awesome:

Not making a riposte, genuinely curious: what would you say the apparent age of the girl is? Maybe it's the photo being heavily stylized and filtered but it looks like someone in her late twenties or early thirties to me.

This is funny, until you realize that Chefjoe is AI's MoFA. Then it's just sad.

TBH it's funny because he's the MoFA.

If I am not mistaken AI declared war on Umbrella just after cj became MoFA. While of course it wasn't him alone that got to decide about the attack, that was totally like him and extremely fitting of his character.
Now don't get me wrong: cj has always, very consistently, been like that (extremely aggressive) in his whole CN career. That's perfectly legit (hey it's a game) and what's actually sad is that you're in this OOC thread trying to paint his attitude like it was something bad. An image / slogan would of course be 100% OK (propaganda thread etc), but personal attacks are "probably" not what this thread/forum is for. Edited by jerdge

Basically the propaganda says our masterpiece is complete, and CN has come full circle in the grandest of ways.

Just because AI's been decapitated, and IRON robbed of everything it loved, and NPO cursed to play the game again, it doesn't mean there weren't other victims in all of this. There are a number of groups in this game that will forever puzzle over what we did to them. 

At least, that's what I had in mind when I made it. :)

I see why you wonder why I use it, your interpretation for it has zero context in regards to CN.

Actually it doesn't even make any sense at all in CN. 

I'm more of a person that looks beyond the covers and see's something beautiful underneath and then I catch the prize, but you probably can't

My interpretation for that scene is more in-depth and has greater meaning with all things considered.

Those are dongs.  So the whole thing is actually fairly sexual and well...given the apparent age of the girl, how to put this...suggestive in a way that is inappropriate.

interesting implication to be made by the coalition of morals and light

I see why you wonder why I use it, your interpretation for it has zero context in regards to CN.
Actually it doesn't even make any sense at all in CN.

I'm more of a person that looks beyond the covers and see's something beautiful underneath and then I catch the prize, but you probably can't
My interpretation for that scene is more in-depth and has greater meaning with all things considered.

Why don't you enlighten us as to what your interpretation is. Edited by WorldConqueror

in regards to this, you know you still die at the end of the movie, right? basically all the propaganda says is you hurt us but we kill you.

I'm not going to lie, the longest running joke is that the people that leave the game in essence win. Two birds with one stone can't be a horrible way to 'die' now can it?

Why don't you enlighten us as to what your interpretation is.

I won't be enlightening you or anyone else.

I posted it in the thread in which someone asked, find it if you care enough.

Now remember it's context carries over to CN mostly, though one of the variables is off a bit(AI specifically, they're a bit too big to say they were some sort of sacrifice).

But seeing how they were initially dogpiled one could argue that they were sorta.

Edited by Commander shepard

I won't be enlightening you or anyone else.
I posted it in the thread in which someone asked, find it if you care enough.

Now remember it's context carries over to CN mostly, though one of the variables is off a bit(AI specifically, they're a bit too big to say they were some sort of sacrifice).
But seeing how they were initially dogpiled one could argue that they were sorta.

w0w

But no, I don't care enough, I was just hoping for something a bit more concrete to use in lampooning that post. It was quite amazing, what with putting yourself on an intellectual pedestal and the weird metaphors about beauty under the covers and catching the prize, like some kind of sex-crazed pokemon enthusiast. At least it was more entertaining than your usual efforts, I'll give you that.

Not making a riposte, genuinely curious: what would you say the apparent age of the girl is? Maybe it's the photo being heavily stylized and filtered but it looks like someone in her late twenties or early thirties to me.

You have a point about the stylization and filtering.  I was going mostly on the clothing (a bit young for someone in her late twenties, early thirties) and first impressions.  Giving it a re-look, could easily be someone older.  Still, not complimentary to GOONS on a couple of levels.

interesting implication to be made by the coalition of morals and lightWhy don't you enlighten us as to what your interpretation is.

Except that this is an OOC area and I was speaking on behalf of myself with regard to my interpretation.  Ultimately people will see what they want to see in any piece of art, whether it is good, bad, or ugly.  

That said, I don't know anyone really of the side of the "coalition of morals and light" that are uptight to the point of unpleasantness IC or OOC.  What separates us from "the other side" would be a desire to keep things more compartmentalized IC/OOC wise.  There's more, but this isn't the place.

Except that this is an OOC area and I was speaking on behalf of myself with regard to my interpretation.  Ultimately people will see what they want to see in any piece of art, whether it is good, bad, or ugly.

I had no issue with the piece until you posted, specifically about your interpretation of the woman's age. And really, I still have no great issue with it. I just found it amusing that your side would employ that as propaganda given the narrative EQ is trying to build with regard to this war. Considering your exchange with Lamuella, how old was the assumed 'apparent age' you mentioned earlier?

I'm not going to lie, the longest running joke is that the people that leave the game in essence win. Two birds with one stone can't be a horrible way to 'die' now can it?

perhaps its a long running joke in the doomhouse circle, which makes sense considering how many of you have explictly stated you wish to kill the game.