Umbrella-AI Propaganda Thread

AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

I had no issue with the piece until you posted, specifically about your interpretation of the woman's age. And really, I still have no great issue with it. I just found it amusing that your side would employ that as propaganda given the narrative EQ is trying to build with regard to this war. Considering your exchange with Lamuella, how old was the assumed 'apparent age' you mentioned earlier?

Based on first impressions as I say, perhaps in her teens.  But as I say that was just my interpretation.  The person who actually created it would the one to answer what they really meant, and my opinion should not be taken as the consensus opinion.  

young-woman-old-woman-illusion.gif

Old woman or young woman?  Which is it?  

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH it's funny because he's the MoFA.

If I am not mistaken AI declared war on Umbrella just after cj became MoFA. While of course it wasn't him alone that got to decide about the attack, that was totally like him and extremely fitting of his character.
Now don't get me wrong: cj has always, very consistently, been like that (extremely aggressive) in his whole CN career. That's perfectly legit (hey it's a game) and what's actually sad is that you're in this OOC thread trying to paint his attitude like it was something bad. An image / slogan would of course be 100% OK (propaganda thread etc), but personal attacks are "probably" not what this thread/forum is for.

Don't pull a muscle trying to stretch my comments that far. As someone who works in FA and has done so for years, however, dare I say that CJ's actions aren't exactly indicative of someone you want being a vocal, influential member of your alliance saying.

Its sadly ironic that so much criticism is leveled at the posting of Competence coalition members (nb- the members criticized are almost entirely non-FA people), especially when many of those people aren't even in government- and then the Foreign Affairs head and major representative of an alliance who you happen to ideologically side with gets a free pass because "its his character". I thought we were supposed to be the hypocrites?

Anyways, in lieu of a post that I agree with:

more pictures and less words please

I'll stop there.

Wait, are we hiding behind our upper tier now? I thought it was the other way around about two pages ago. 

No. 8 pages ago it was Disequilibrium allowing their lower tiers to perish while the upper tiers hid behind (or in CN mechanics, above) them in relative protection. They are essentially using the lower tiers as meat shield to protect their nations and/or pride. In the most recent cartoon, Disequilibrium's strategy is to have the upper tiers carry the weight of winning the war. Mind you, the lower tiers are still being ravaged but dQ leaders seem not to care, as the determining factor for a win/loss for the dQ coalition seems to rest with the success or failure of the top tiers.

Edited by Isotope

No. 8 pages ago it was Disequilibrium allowing their lower tiers to perish while the upper tiers hid behind (or in CN mechanics, above) them in relative protection. They are essentially using the lower tiers as meat shield to protect their nations and/or pride. In the most recent cartoon, Disequilibrium's strategy is to have the upper tiers carry the weight of winning the war. Mind you, the lower tiers are still being ravaged but dQ leaders seem not to care, as the determining factor for a win/loss for the dQ coalition seems to rest with the success or failure of the top tiers.

So you're saying our strategy...is to spread the damage taken out among all our tiers? 

So you're saying our strategy...is to spread the damage taken out among all our tiers?

Ummm...no. Now please stop doing what you're doing. You know exactly what those cartoons mean and these silly responses are sinking to GOONS level immaturity.

Ummm...no. Now please stop doing what you're doing. You know exactly what those cartoons mean and these silly responses are sinking to GOONS level immaturity.

No, I legitimately don't understand what you're getting at. 

Noeffort.gif

XTejlhb.png

A worried NPO comforts her terrified AI child. 

Edited by Ernesto Che Guevara

8 pages ago was a time when Disequilibrium was using their lower tiers as a shield in the eQ meat grinder. The higher tier nations (particularly DH) were allowing lower tier nations to become shredded in an attempt to save themselves/their pride/whatever. It more so in reference to some posts in other threads. This recent cartoon is basically saying that dQ is expecting their upper tiers to win them the war, a very small percentage of their population. If it is perceived as contradicting the previous cartoon, that was not my intention.

I interpreted it as the upper tier carrying the massive majority in their bid for victory, the upper tier must attempt to drag them across the finish line.

Everyone is depending on a few to carry their war effort.

And in most wars, who carries the majority? So we've got the lower tier getting shredded for the war effort and the upper tier doing some heavy lifting. I don't see the issue. 

XTejlhb.png
A worried NPO comforts her terrified AI child.

That's the cutest thing I saw today! :)
(You never disappoint Chax.)

[hr]OT (sorry):
Bob, all I should really say (without the slightest sarcasm) is "good job, you re-worded your point much better the second time".
But you seem confused about me and I'd thus also add the following explanation.

Its sadly ironic that so much criticism is leveled at the posting of Competence coalition members (nb- the members criticized are almost entirely non-FA people), especially when many of those people aren't even in government- and then the Foreign Affairs head and major representative of an alliance who you happen to ideologically side with gets a free pass because "its his character". I thought we were supposed to be the hypocrites?

I have no idea what "you" would be "supposed to be" - whoever is that collective "you" you are speaking of - but you have no idea of a couple of things either, considering that you're saying that I'd ideologically side with chefjoe.

Anyway, the key point is that I wasn't talking of any group, ideology or hypocrisy, but specifically just of what appeared to be some personal content in that post of yours. All the other things that you mentioned are both off the mark and irrelevant. Water under the bridge etc. anyway.

And in most wars, who carries the majority? So we've got the lower tier getting shredded for the war effort and the upper tier doing some heavy lifting. I don't see the issue. 

I mean carrying as in that it is their only light of victory.

The lower and mid tiers are doomed, in most wars the mid tier carries.

no one tell him.

Myth, pls.

I think he has optical insurance anyways.

These are all of my wars, so this is with getting nuked every day, and I've looted more than 500 tech from them.

ccc_zps5e28fe9f.jpg

Why are we on page 40 and no one has informed this guy on war screen posting yet?

We here at NADC, have far worse things sent in-game than you could post in the first place. Ill tease you with some I got last night :P

28463370.jpg

Sadly, I don't know if you've been tracking it, but your recent fall of around ~5 nations have been to them entering PoW camps :P

Edited by Rotavele