Umbrella-AI Propaganda Thread

AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

Weren't you one of the butt hurt members complaining that references to the WWII/holocaust time period greatly offends you? Now that its pro-TOP its cool though, right? :awesome:

.... Also Chax, weren't you crying about it as well?

Never change, Never change.

ProTip:

After the huge out-cry with a picture of a girl who was a victim of a mass murder. Competence using pictures of Jihad, Terrorism, Stalin-Themed Soviet Mass Murder, and Confederate Pro-Slavery Propaganda should cause the same emotions.

I give you a + for trying hard, and a + for organizing. However, you need to stop your propaganda referencing mass murders if it is emotionally compelling towards you. It would make you look better.

There is a difference between posting pictures of actual historical murder and posting a picture of an arab-esque design with a cartoony mushroom on it.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference between posting pictures of actual historical murder and posting a picture of an arab-esque design with a cartoony mushroom on it.

So it is only immoral if the image contains someone who died due to the oppressive regime, however posting the ones who actually did the killing is cool. Noted, I am sure if I cartoonified the regime doing the killing, it would of been kewl. Right?

Edited by Rotavele

Weren't you one of the butt hurt members complaining that references to the WWII/holocaust time period greatly offends you? Now that its pro-TOP its cool though, right? :awesome:

.... Also Chax, weren't you crying about it as well?

Never change, Never change.

ProTip:

After the huge out-cry with a picture of a girl who was a victim of a mass murder. Competence using pictures of Jihad, Terrorism, Stalin-Themed Soviet Mass Murder, and Confederate Pro-Slavery Propaganda should cause the same emotions.

I give you a + for trying hard, and a + for organizing. However, you need to stop your propaganda referencing mass murders if it is emotionally compelling towards you. It would make you look better.

I don't think there is any equivalent between artwork depicting Umbrella as Anne Frank explicitly and us mocking the other side (who labeled us as nazis/hitler) by making sigs with a gothic imagery that looks like WW1-WW2 german propaganda.

I don't think there is any equivalent between artwork depicting Umbrella as Anne Frank explicitly and us mocking the other side (who labeled us as nazis/hitler) by making sigs with a gothic imagery that looks like WW1-WW2 german propaganda.

It's the same concept.

I would identify it as worse for your artwork. I posted a victim, your posting a flag from a regime responsible of murdering millions. A flag, is a symbol of pride and honor. You using that flag and attempting to draw yourselves as that regime is just as bad as posting the original flag.

It's the same concept.

I would identify it as worse for your artwork. I posted a victim, your posting a flag from a regime responsible of murdering millions. A flag, is a symbol of pride and honor. You using that flag and attempting to draw yourselves as that regime is just as bad as posting the original flag.

I'm happy you have no grasp whatsoever on reality.

It's the same concept.

It's called satire. Try some Kubric films.

eqjail.png

What's the kind of hope GOONS gives to Umbrella? "No matter how awful you're, you'll never be so awful as GOONS?"

Hope they will help them out when Umb gets to the bottom tier? Idk I needed space fillers.

So it is only immoral if the image contains someone who died due to the oppressive regime, however posting the ones who actually did the killing is cool. Noted, I am sure if I cartoonified the regime doing the killing, it would of been kewl. Right?

Cartoony mushrooms are indeed well-known murderers.

This war we went in to defend TLR as our MD treaty stated, that we were made into a core combatant of this conflict was not our fault and not our intention.

Yes we do have greater designs, and they will be seen in the future....

That's actually very nice, Stewie Mushqueen. ;)

As for the insane discussion on nazi/other references: roleplaying (either "seriously" or satyrically etc.) has to be based on something that can be understood by (most of) the spectators. It's not bad to echo this or that imagery and to adapt it for your ends, and I don't see why anything like that should be considered taboo. Sure, specific real people don't exist in CN and using their image is quite often in very bad taste, but generic imagery should be considered legit.

Not to mention that it's practically inevitable to use some recognizable symbol of some kind, if you want that your concept has a chance to be understood.

Of course covert propaganda is unacceptable, but I don't think that even the angriest critics are claiming that cartoony mushrooms with nazi/arabesque/commie/other designs are covert propaganda. Why the heck are you having an argument on this stupid stuff, then?

No, I don't believe I commented on you comparing an alliance to a little girl hiding from soliders who wanted to take her to a concentration camp.  

The Great Escape stuff

Great one! really. Congratz.

However... *spoilers ahead* your point is that GOONS and Umbrella will end up shot dead and MK will end up imprisoned in the Fridge? Well, at least GATO manages to get out alive. :P

Edited by Krashnaia

No, I don't believe I commented on you comparing an alliance to a little girl hiding from soliders who wanted to take her to a concentration camp.  

Quite true, I believe he thought you were a hypocrite because now that you're being represented as the group which took her to a concentration camp it is fine in your mind.

Perhaps Rotavele should make an image where EQ are the soldiers and they're looking for someone in an attic.

I find it interesting that you use The Great Escape and how you listed which alliance to which actor, I'm sure it wasn't intended but that is what makes it funny saying that only GATO / ODN / INT are the only ones going to escape this :ehm:

Spoiler alert!

I find it interesting that you use The Great Escape and how you listed which alliance to which actor, I'm sure it wasn't intended but that is what makes it funny saying that only GATO / ODN / INT are the only ones going to escape this :ehm:

Nah, I just linked names up to alliances.

I'm not taking a side one way or the other on whether anything is good or bad, I'm just saying that there is a valid point behind the idea that there is a difference between using the idea of something to make silly propaganda, and posting actual pictures from the event. I haven't seen the Anne Frank picture in question anyway, so maybe I am talking out of my ass here, but I would much rather see morons posting "mushreich" propaganda than propaganda with pictures of people who were in concentration camps. They aren't actual Hitler supporters, they're just people on the internet who think it's funny to roleplay as bad people. Some people would say that is in bad taste; but whether or not it is doesn't have a lot to do with whether or not the real pictures are also being posted in bad taste or not.

All of that said, I really don't give a shit what people post as propaganda as long as it isn't gore or something like that.

Edited by Hereno

I'm not taking a side one way or the other on whether anything is good or bad, I'm just saying that there is a valid point behind the idea that there is a difference between using the idea of something to make silly propaganda, and posting actual pictures from the event. I haven't seen the Anne Frank picture in question anyway, so maybe I am talking out of my ass here, but I would much rather see morons posting "mushreich" propaganda than propaganda with pictures of people who were in concentration camps. They aren't actual Hitler supporters, they're just people on the internet who think it's funny to roleplay as bad people. Some people would say that is in bad taste; but whether or not it is doesn't have a lot to do with whether or not the real pictures are also being posted in bad taste or not.

All of that said, I really don't give a shit what people post as propaganda as long as it isn't gore or something like that.

I'm pretty sure the Anne Frank picture was the picture used on the book that is sold, it looks identical. 

I think the propaganda regarding her is only a problem because of her background.

Edited by Commander shepard

Accidental Relevant Subliminal Messaging