Umbrella-AI Propaganda Thread

AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

Yup! That's why I made it. I've realized how evil MK is so I'm deep undercover working for their enemies. 

Your sacrasm doesn't change the fact that what you wrote in that sign is literally true.

Edited by Krashnaia

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your sacrasm doesn't change the fact that what you wrote in that sign is literally true.

As opposed to figuratively?

People here love to use the word "literally" in the wrong ways. Even I'm guilty of it.

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN. Stop the Literally- 2013. Alternatively- Literally Stop.

Edited by Tiber Septim

People here love to use the word "literally" in the wrong ways. Even I'm guilty of it.

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN. Stop the Literally- 2013. Alternatively- Literally Stop.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much literally than to those attending too small a degree of it.

The word "literally" has been used in this "wrong way" (to emphasize your point) since the 17th century. I'd say it's already acceptable in terms of grammar.

The word "literally" has been used in this "wrong way" (to emphasize your point) since the 17th century. I'd say it's already acceptable in terms of grammar.

Just because some people were morons long ago doesn't mean we have to continue the tradition.

Literally needs to be used correctly or we debase the language.

And don't get me started on "decimate."

Just because some people were morons long ago doesn't mean we have to continue the tradition.

Just because you are too stupid to understand the meaning from context doesn't mean we have to impoverish the language.

You and Krash must be the same type of person.

lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlitərəlē/
Adverb

In a literal manner or sense; exactly: "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the traffic circle".
Used to acknowledge that something is not literally true but is used for emphasis or to express strong feeling.

Edited by Do Not Fear Jazz

People who use "literally" as a simple intensifier are the ones who are impoverishing the language. If it is used to such an extent that the original meaning is swamped, we have lost a perfectly functionally word.

To cite an example; the word "nice" used to mean "precise, exact" with the added connotation of being extremely fussy about small details. As in, "that is a nice distinction." Now the word is effectively dead, almost useless. It is just a soft way of saying "good." The language has lost the ability to say something precise through verbal sloppiness.

"Nice" "decimate" "gay" are probably all lost causes, we can't use the words in their original meanings anymore without either being misunderstood or sounding like we're trying to be funny. I don't think "literally" is a lost cause just yet, and is worth fighting for.

Just my two cents, I know I'm a bit of a curmudgeon.

In a literal manner or sense; exactly: "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the traffic circle".

Used to acknowledge that something is not literally true but is used for emphasis or to express strong feeling.

The 2nd definition is kind of my point. 

"Literally" - used to acknowledge something that isn't literally true... I understand that many people will use it for emphasis but it doesn't make sense when you use that definition. Not to mention, using the actual word in the definition is laughable.

What dictionary were you using for that?

But back to propaganda!

Edited by Tiber Septim